Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Welcome New Mods!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 6200 comments Mod
We would like to welcome Shannon, Feifei, Brianna, and Amy as the new mods of the group! We would love to know a little more about you. It's great to have you here :)

Thank you to everyone who was interested in helping out!

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) I'm getting deja vu here, but HELLO LADIES!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (ladyvigilante) Hey guys!

I'm a college sophomore studying to be an oncology nurse and I'm fluent in 4 languages. I LOVE to read, especially anything to do with romance. I'm currently invested in NA a lot, maybe because I am a new adult?
It's great to work with you guys too and thanks for having me on the team :)

message 4: by Leigh, Book Diva (last edited Aug 30, 2013 01:24PM) (new)

Leigh | 191 comments Mod
Welcome Feifei.

message 5: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
Welcome Feifei

message 6: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Welcome Fiefei :) I've been reading a lot of NA lately, too (though I think I'm too old to be considered new adult).

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason Parent | 39 comments Hello new mods!

message 8: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Welcome Brianna :) Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

message 9: by Leigh, Book Diva (new)

Leigh | 191 comments Mod
Welcome Brianna! Weddings are fun but can be a lot of work. Congrats!

message 10: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
Hi Brianna welcome and thank you for joining our team and congrat's on your upcoming wedding.

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) Thank you!!!

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) I know how you feel Brianna! I just got married And I almost got a case of bridezilla!!! How you have fun! Remember to go with your first choice!!!

message 13: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Kalthoff (wkalthoff) | 27 comments hello new moderator.

message 14: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Kalthoff (wkalthoff) | 27 comments I was bridzilla

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (catwithkeyboard) Congratulations new mods!

message 16: by Mira (new)

Mira | 6 comments Welcomeeee new mods!! :) happy to meet you all

message 17: by J. (new)

J. Gleason (joegleason) | 6 comments Congratulations new mods...I think :)

message 18: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (maechs) | 809 comments Howdy all! I joined Goodreads Making Connections, oh, a few months back I think. And I immediately fell in love with it! It's because of this group that I now find myself on Goodreads probably way too much! But I just love reading all the stuff people post here! And (it probably goes without saying) my to-read list has skyrocketed :) A little about me, well, I read mostly fantasy (every possible kind), but have been dabbling a little in humor, sci-fi, and romance - fantasy still holds the top spot in my heart. Anyway, I look forward to meeting more amazing people here on Making Connections! Have a FANTASTIC weekend!

message 19: by Sharmila (new)

Sharmila | 1 comments Welcome Mods!

message 20: by Jaida (new)

Jaida Holifield (jai_96) | 8 comments Welcome (:

message 21: by JMV (new)

JMV (dboys) | 30 comments Welcome! : )

message 22: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Veale | 1 comments Welcome, Fiefei, Amy, Brianna and Shannon. Hope you make some great Connections. I'm a writer of humor and sci-fi, Shannon, with a dash of fantasy, so I hope our worlds collide. :)

message 23: by Kaye (new)

Kaye Kelly | 1 comments Welcome ladies, cool to see you here :-)

message 24: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Welcome to all new mods =)

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) Thank you very much everyone! Looking forward to talking with you more

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (ladyvigilante) Thanks everybody! Hope to see y'all around on GR!

message 27: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Bunn | 5 comments Welcome new mods! May the Tsar stay far away from you...er, which musical are we in?

message 28: by Ponytaorponyboy (new)

Ponytaorponyboy | 8 comments Hello new mods :3

message 29: by Lilo (new)

Lilo (lilo-hp) Hi, new moderators. Welcome, all of you!

message 30: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Deluca (darlenedeluca) | 38 comments Hello, and thanks for taking the time to be a moderator! Yay, Feifei! :-)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (ladyvigilante) Darlene wrote: "Hello, and thanks for taking the time to be a moderator! Yay, Feifei! :-)"

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all on GR! Thanks Darlene! Happy late release day for The Storm Within :)

message 32: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Morgan (rosiemorgan) Hello to you all from France - on holiday from my beloved Cornwall UK :)

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma Meade (emmameade) | 7 comments Welcome

message 34: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 2 comments Welcome

message 35: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) Thanks everyone!

message 36: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (maechs) | 809 comments Thanks all! :)

message 38: by T.B. (new)

T.B. Markinson (markinson) Hello to the new mods! Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

message 39: by C. Lynn (new)

C. Lynn Williams (goodreadscomariesgirl) | 12 comments Welcome and thank you for moderating our group! I'm a little preoccupied right, awaiting the release of my 3rd in my Primers for Parents. This book is Raising Your Daughter Through the Joys, Tears & HORMONES! Presales are taking place now. I hope you will buy a copy to read & share.

Thanks!
C. Lynn

message 40: by Dee (new)

Dee Waite (deeannwaite) | 4 comments Welcome and thanks for being here for us! I look forward to reading with you. :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (ladyvigilante) Thanks T.B., C., and Dee!!! :)

message 42: by Laura (new)

Laura Grace (uq4authors) Welcome to the group! :)

message 43: by Russell (new)

Russell Bittner (russell538) | 53 comments A warmly glorious welcome to our new Modulators -- Shannon, Feifei, Brianna, and Amy!

Feifel, I note you're fluent in four languages. Impressive! If you'd like to give some of 'em a workout, may I recommend (very selfishly) Trompe-l'oeil? (here at GR and at Amazon). It's got dialogue in eight languages (if memory serves), albeit with helpful translations.

And Brianna, may I make the same (very selfish) recommendation in preparation for your wedding night? (Hahahahahaha!)

Seriously -- welcome to all.

Russell

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (ladyvigilante) Thanks Laura!

Russell, if memory serves me, trompe=deceive, l'oeil=eye? An art of illusion book...I will check it out :)

message 45: by Russell (new)

Russell Bittner (russell538) | 53 comments Feifei,

You're 100% on in your understanding of both "trompe" and "oeil." But don't forget that the expression "trompe-l'oeil" can also be used in a metaphorical sense and not just in art, architecture or the garden.

I've used it in just that way as the title of my novel. (The story has to do with a woman who's not what she may appear to be.)

Thanks, Feifei!

Russell

message 46: by Hatsunekai (new)

Hatsunekai Aribal | 19 comments Hello new mods :D

message 47: by Judith (new)

Judith Leger (judithleger) | 128 comments Hi new mods! Welcome! This place is super great.

Hugs, Judith

message 48: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (maechs) | 809 comments Thanks T.B., C., Dee, Laura & Russell! It's been a ton o' fun!

message 49: by M.K. (new)

M.K. (mkalex) | 6 comments Thank you, new mods (and old)!

I used to mod a forum in the days of yore.
It is a thankless task sometimes.
Gratitude here for all your hard work and great efforts!

Cheers,
MK

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (ladyvigilante) Thanks M.K.!!!!

« previous 1