All Challenges All The Time discussion

Retired Challenges > September 2013

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

Jojobean | 1584 comments Mod
September 2013 Monthly Challenge

Levels
Easy~ 1-3 books
Medium~ 4-7 books
Hard~ 10 books

You can create your lists now but no reading until September 1

1. September’s birthstone is Sapphire. Read a book with a blue cover.

2. September’s flowers are forget-me-not, morning glory and aster. Read a book where the character forgets or remembers something; a book with a purple cover or a book where the main character is a chef.

3. September has 30 days and is the 9th month in the year. Read a book with an 3, 0 or 9 in its original Publication date

4. September marks the beginning of the ecclesiastical year in the Eastern Orthodox Church. Read a book set in an country whose religion is Eastern Orthodox.
List: Eastern Orthodox Christian Countries

5. September is Hispanic Heritage Month (16th is Mexican Independence Day). Read a book set in any Hispanic country (central and south American contries only) or a book with a Hispanic character or a book written by a Hispanic author

6. September is Honey Month. Read a book with a yellow color or with a bee on the cover or with honey on the cover (can be jar or honey comb).

7. September 3 rd is Skyscraper Day. Read a book with a city skyline on the cover or with a skyscraper on the cover.

8. September 6th is Read a Book Day. Read any book of your choice.

9. September 8th is International Literacy Day. Read a book that was originally written in a language different from your own or read a book in a different language.
Please indicate your language and the language the book was originally published in

10. September 11th is 9/11 Remembrance Day. Read a book where the main character is a firefighters/police officer or read a book where a disaster occurs or a book with a terroristic plot. Or read a book set in New York.

message 2: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (last edited Sep 12, 2013 02:26PM) (new)

Participants

Trisha
Brianna
Diana S

message 3: by Trisha (last edited Sep 21, 2013 08:44PM) (new)

Trisha lol I don't know if I'll get all of them. but I'll try :D

8/8
Medium - 4-7
Sept 1 - 30

1. September’s birthstone is Sapphire: Origin 9/3

2. September’s flowers: (forgets) Her Mad Hatter 9/3

3. September has 30 days and is the 9th month: (published 11/30) The One for Me 9/10

5. September is Hispanic Heritage Month (16th is Mexican Independence Day). (Vanes's best friend)Let the Sky Fall 9/12

6. September is Honey Month. Beautiful Chaos 9/12

8. September 6th is Read a Book Day. Eleanor & Park 9/6

9. September 8th is International Literacy Day.
Original publication language: German. My language: English. Nothing 9/19

10. September 11th is 9/11 Remembrance Day. Burning For Revenge 9/4

Read:
Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Burning For Revenge (Tomorrow, #5) by John Marsden The One for Me by Layla James Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1) by Marie Hall Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3) by Kami Garcia Let the Sky Fall (Sky Fall, #1) by Shannon Messenger Nothing by Janne Teller

message 4: by Diana S (last edited Sep 11, 2013 09:07PM) (new)

Diana S September 2013 Monthly Challenge
Medium~ 4-7 books (5/7 books)

1. September’s birthstone is Sapphire.
Read a book with a blue cover.

2. September’s flowers are forget-me-not, morning glory and aster.
Read a book where the character forgets or remembers something; a book with a purple cover or a book where the main character is a chef.

3. September has 30 days and is the 9th month in the year.
Read a book with an 3, 0 or 9 in its original Publication date

4. September marks the beginning of the ecclesiastical year in the Eastern Orthodox Church.
Read a book set in an country whose religion is Eastern Orthodox.

**5. September is Hispanic Heritage Month (16th is Mexican Independence Day).
Read a book set in any Hispanic country (central and south American contries only) or a book with a Hispanic character or a book written by a Hispanic author
Argentina - The Disappeared by Gloria Whelan (9/3/13)

**6. September is Honey Month.
Read a book with a yellow color or with a bee on the cover or with honey on the cover (can be jar or honey comb).
Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear (9/3/13)

7. September 3 rd is Skyscraper Day.
Read a book with a city skyline on the cover or with a skyscraper on the cover.

**8. September 6th is Read a Book Day.
Read any book of your choice.
Ghost Moon by Heather Graham (9/10/13)

**9. September 8th is International Literacy Day.
Read a book that was originally written in a language different from your own or read a book in a different language.
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker (9/5/13)
(Original language - german Translated by Kevin Wiliarty)

**10. September 11th is 9/11 Remembrance Day. Read a book where the main character is a firefighters/police officer or read a book where a disaster occurs or a book with a terroristic plot. Or read a book set in New York
The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson (9/9/13) (Amityville) Long Island, New York

September Bookshelf
The Disappeared by Gloria Whelan The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker Maisie Dobbs (Maisie Dobbs, #1) by Jacqueline Winspear The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson Ghost Moon (Bone Island Trilogy, #3) by Heather Graham

message 5: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Done. I completed 8/8 Medium
woohoo :D yay!
Read:
Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Burning For Revenge (Tomorrow, #5) by John Marsden The One for Me by Layla James Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1) by Marie Hall Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3) by Kami Garcia Let the Sky Fall (Sky Fall, #1) by Shannon Messenger Nothing by Janne Teller

message 6: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

congrats Trisha!

message 7: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

congrats Trisha!