YA Book Gang!! discussion

Archived Items > September PIFM

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Aug 30, 2013 09:40AM) (new)

Sarah | 3050 comments Mod
Hey guys :D Here's who's picking for who :)

MARIAH will be picking the book for TARA.
EMILY will be picking the book for EMILY S.
EMILY S will be picking the book for MARIAH.
TARA will be picking the book for EMILY.

Make sure you post below what book you got and what you thought of it when you finish reading it :)

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Sep 04, 2013 01:06PM) (new)

Books We're Reading:

Mariah -
Emily - The Madman's Daughter by Megan Sheperd
Emily S - Divergent by Veronica Roth
Tara - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 3: by Sarah (new)

There's one every month :)

message 4: by Sarah (new)

There will be a sign up discussion put up in the middle of September and you just say there you're gonna do it :)

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (demonpoxologist20) I got Divergent by Veronica Roth! Have wanted to read this for the longest time, just need to get my hands on a copy!

message 6: by Tara (last edited Sep 02, 2013 07:26PM) (new)

Tara | 221 comments Am I picking for the Emily from California?

message 7: by Em (new)

Em (readingthroughosmosis) Yep! Thanks for picking my book, Tara! I'm going to be reading The Madman's Daughter. Soo excited!!

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments I want to hear what you think of it. It is on my TBR list and I can't wait to hear if I should move it up the list!

message 9: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments Mariah gave me a choice and I am going to go with The Fault in Our Stars. I have been putting this one off because I feared it would be depressing (even though I love Green's books). Hopefully this will give the motivation to finally read it.

message 10: by Mariah (new)

Mariah Courtis (sundaysgardendandelions) I'm still waiting for Emily to Pick one for me :S

message 11: by Mariah (new)

Mariah Courtis (sundaysgardendandelions) Emily's getting me to read Confessions of a murder suspect by James Patterson :P

message 12: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments I just finished The Fault in Our Stars. Mariah, thank you so much for picking it for me. I was afraid that it would be one of those books that would depress me, so I am so thankful that you picked it for me and thus got me to read it.
It is a wonderful story. I loved how he could present what it was like for teens with cancer. Green did a wonderful job combining the heartbreak with humor.
I would definitely recommend this one!

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily (demonpoxologist20) I finally bought Divergent yesterday and finished it yesterday too, it was that good! i totally understand now why everyone obsesses with this book it is amazing! So glad that you chose this book for me now I am finally not the awkward girl who hasn't read divergent...

message 14: by Em (new)

Em (readingthroughosmosis) I just finished The Madman's Daughter and it was sooo good! It was really fast paced and the characters were very interesting. I just wanted to know more about all of them!

message 15: by Tara (new)

Tara | 221 comments It definitely sounds like I should move that one up my list.