Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Rules of Murder (Drew Farthering Mystery #1)
This topic is about Rules of Murder
Archived Buddy Reads > ❀Dawn and Elizabeth❀ Rules of Murder Rules of Murder (Drew Farthering Mystery #1) by Julianna Deering

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

Megan (celtic_girl) | 6293 comments Mod
Dawn and Elizabeth will be buddy reading Rules of Murder Rules of Murder (Drew Farthering Mystery #1) by Julianna Deering.

Drew Farthering loves a good mystery, although he generally expects to find it in the pages of a novel, not on the grounds of his country estate. When a weekend party at Farthering Place is ruined by murder and the police seem flummoxed, Drew decides to look into the crime himself. With the help of his best friend, Nick Dennison, an avid mystery reader, and Madeline Parker, a beautiful and whip-smart American debutante staying as a guest, the three try to solve the mystery as a lark, using the methods from their favorite novels.

Soon, financial irregularities at Drew’s stepfather’s company come to light and it’s clear that all who remain at Farthering Place could be in danger. Trying hard to remain one step ahead of the killer–and trying harder to impress Madeline–Drew must decide how far to take this game.

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I'm almost halfway finished and we can discuss whenever you're ready.

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments I'm finishing up the first half now. I've really enjoyed the first half so far. Certainly a few shockers!

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I've really enjoyed it so far too! I expected a murder at the party, but I didn't expect the info about Drew's mother.

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments I wasn't expecting all that about Drew's mother/real mother either. I wasn't expecting Constance to be murdered either. Lincoln I saw coming but I thought maybe Muriel or someone like that.

I'm not sure if all this about the Chinese girl that was murdered in Canada is just there to lead us in the wrong direction or not but with Min showing up it seems suspicious.

Have I mentioned I'm never good at the who done it game =)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments It does seem suspicious. And I'm not good at the who done it game either.

I'm curious to find out who all is behind it.

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments I know, ugh, it could be anyone right now! I don't want it to be Uncle Mason but I can't rule him out just yet.

I love the interactions between Drew, Nick and Madeline!

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I know! Me too. I hope it's not Uncle Mason. I wonder about Contstance's maid.

And I love Drew, Nick, and Madeline too!

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments The book really does have the feel of old Agatha Christie books. I'm dying to figure out who the murderer is!

Should we start on the second half? I'm working again all weekend so it'll be slow going on my end.

message 10: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments sure. I'm into it right now and will probably finish it soon. so take your time.

English  (english_lady) | 31 comments I just finished the audiobook of this a few days ago. The culprit is surprising to say the least, and there are some twists, but I wasn't too pleased with some aspects of the ending. It was a but hard to keep up with perhaps..

message 12: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I finished it on Friday!

One thing that I LOVED about this book was the banter between Nick and Drew. And between Drew and Madeline.