Girls YA Book Club discussion

Debates > Books to movies

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shantel (new)

Shantel | 308 comments Mod
Let 's talk about books you would like to see as a movie and/or your favorite and worse movies that where originated from books. Please share will us any new upcoming movies that are based on the books too, so we all can debate our opinions:-)

message 2: by Shantel (new)

So... Is anyone a Percy Jackson fan?? Because I am I have read all the books and watched the first movie which was the lighting thief, but not the second.

message 3: by Shantel (new)

So i read the book and when I watched to movie I was like what.... They could have made it a great movie. O well I hope the second movie, the sea monster is better.

message 4: by Shantel (new)

I haven't got to watch the city of bones yet, but I really want too... So glad our aug. book was city of bones!

message 5: by Ryah (last edited Aug 30, 2013 02:52PM) (new)

Ryah | 25 comments I just came back from watching the city of bones movie. Omgomgomgomg! I loved it. But Zeina is right, it could have been better. The kiss was... how should I put this... overdone? And the whole movie could have been a little less confusing.

message 6: by Shantel (new)

O really! I was wondering about that!! Lol makes for a good twist in the movie I'm sure!! Well did they stay on track with the book or g crazy with it?

So it was confusing huh!! Omg!! I cannt wait to see it!

message 7: by Ryah (new)

Ryah | 25 comments I think it was pretty true to the book. But that's just my opinion.

It was confusing because.. well.. because it switched too often towards the end. One minute it was Isabelle and Alec and the next it was Valentine and Clary then the next it was Hodge. You can keep up with it, but I think they could have made it a little clearer.

message 8: by Shantel (last edited Aug 30, 2013 04:08PM) (new)

Hum.. I see well I hope they continue with the movie series. Maybe the next one will be even better!!:)

message 9: by Ryah (new)

Ryah | 25 comments I have a feeling that the next one is going to be even better.

message 10: by Shantel (new)

Really woo woo I really need to get my booty in gear and go watch city of bones, lol

message 11: by Shantel (new)

Anyone know if there making a second movie to, I am number four!
I really enjoyed the movie an I really hope there will be Number 2

message 12: by Ryah (new)

Ryah | 25 comments I am number four number 2. lol. Sorry. Just had to.

message 13: by Shantel (new)

Lol, yea

message 14: by Ryah (new)

Ryah | 25 comments And I haven't heard that they are making a second movie. But maybe I'm wrong. Just maybe.

message 15: by Shantel (new)

I haven't herd anything either so I figured I would ask :)

message 16: by Ryah (new)

Ryah | 25 comments I am sooo excited for divergent to come out!

message 17: by Shantel (new)

Well I just read the maze runner a month ago and it was crazy good! I wonder how the movie will be?!!

message 18: by Shantel (new)

O I'm totally I'm totally psyched about divergant too!!! I loved the books!

message 19: by Shantel (new)

The "Ender's Game" is a book {i havent read} but there making into a movie. it looks good!

message 20: by Shantel (new)

Ok.. So has anyone ready fifty shades of gray series?. I know it's not a YA book but there making a movie about the book and they just pick there main stars for the movie!

message 21: by Shantel (new)

Yea I have that feeling to, my sister read the books and that's how I found out about them. Anyways their is alot of Dominatrix stuff. But there is also a good story line to it too.

Just thought I would share! Lol

message 22: by Shantel (new)

O... And I'm totally excited!!!! Their making a movie from one of my favorite books!!!! It will be out in like2014. I'm really excited:-))

It's called angelfall by Susan Ee it's crazy :-)

message 23: by Shantel (new)

Lmbo, really! How funny!!

message 24: by Ryah (new)

Ryah | 25 comments What about The Fault in Our Stars movie? Super excited for that even though I haven't even read the book. But I will! Once I built up the energy to go to the book store.

message 25: by Shantel (new)

Lol, funny.. And wow I didn't realize they were making it into a movie!