Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Group Anniversary

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Today, Crazy For Young Adult Books turns one year old! Thank you to everyone who has made this group into a success.

Dear Group Members,

Thank you for making this past year so enjoyable for me. I have met so many amazing people who love to read. I love talking about books with all of you and without you guys, this group would be nothing. I created this group one year ago today. Never did I think we would have over 3,000 members in just one year. My overall goal for the group was 100 members. We all get along so well together. We have never even met in real life. We cheer each other on, help each other out, and I think that's amazing. Thanks again, you guys are the best and stay CRAZY for young adult books!

Love,
Jacquelyn

Dear Gisbelle,

Without you, this group wouldn't be half of what it is now.You are the best moderator I could have working alongside me. You were helping me from the very beginning. That's how I added you as moderator. I asked you a question and you were so helpful and kind and that's the kind of person I wanted to be working with! You are so amazing! Your banners and logos are awesome! The challenges you brew up in your head are fabulous! The organization you bring to the group is wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for making this year so amazing!

Love,
Jacquelyn

Wow! One year already! Time does fly!

If any of you want to comment below with letters to Gisbelle and I or all of the other members, or just want to let us know how you like the group, or want to ask Gisbelle and I questions about the group, comment below with your letter/ thoughts/ questions.

Thanks again! This has been a wonderful year, with wonderful people, while devouring wonderful books!

message 2: by Gisbelle (last edited Aug 30, 2013 06:46AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Dear Everyone

It's been one year! I can hardly believe it! Since the beginning, you guys have been so active which helps make our group a fun place for all of us. Together we have shared laughs, and even swoon over those hot heros. And don't forget about the times we got all frustrated when we read those awful, awful books. It's great to share those moments with you all. I love you guys so much.

Dear Jacquelyn

I still remember the first time I got that personal message from you. At that time I had no plan to moderate any group. I'm glad I agreed to work on this group with you. It's been a wonder journey! I couldn't have asked for a better partner. Thanks for being supportive throught those tough times (you know what I'm talking about.) I'm looking forward to more wonderful years to come.

Lots of love,

Gisbelle

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks a lot, Gisbelle! I love working with you!

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Me too!

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Aug 30, 2013 07:18AM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I wanted to re-post this in the right spot :)

Happy Anniversary!!!

Thank you Gisbelle and Jacquelyn for giving us such an awesome GR Group to meet in and for making all the reading activities!!

Truly, you guys are amazing!

And Thank You to the Crazy for YA members! You guys are such a great gaggle of crazies to hang and chat books with! You've pushed me to my reading limits (honestly, how many buddy reads can we start on one day? How many can we read at one time? LOL!) and you've challenged my thinking on books and made me enjoy and love reading even more than I did.

And you've all helped me find books and stories and characters to love all the more because we shared the stories together.

Happy Anniversary! I look forward to many more days of sharing books, awful or wonderful, together :)

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments That's so nice, Trisha! I feel the exact same way about the buddy reads! :D

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks for sweet words, Trisha! And thanks for sticking with me even when I kinda flake out on you (which is quite often since I have signed up more buddy reads than I can manage)

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I think we all sign up for me than we can manage! :D

message 9: by Dave (new)

Dave | 90 comments Happy Anniversary!
:)

message 10: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks, Dave! :D

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "I think we all sign up for me than we can manage! :D"

lol absolutely! I even remember a time when you guys waited for me because I'd lost the book in my youngest daughter's book shelf! LOL!

message 12: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments LOL. Well we wouldn't want to move on without you! :D You are a great buddy reading partner! You really get me thinking about what I read.

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Happy Anniversary!!!

Of all the groups I've joined on Goodreads, this has to be my favorite. A huge thank you to Gisbelle and Jacquelyn for everything they've done. <3

And to the members: You guys are the best. I love talking to you guys about books, and doing buddy reads together.

I love you all. <3

message 14: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thank you so much Angela! I love all of you too! :D

message 15: by Jay (new)

Jay | 5197 comments Happy Anniversary!!!

Thanks Gisbelle and Jacquelyn

You guys are awesome

This group is amazing

message 16: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks so much, Jay! :D

message 17: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1594 comments Gisbelle and Jacquelyn,
I love this group I have found so many great books because of you guys thanks for all the hard work in making this group flow so successfully! I know it has to be time consuming. I love the challenges, buddy reads and most recently our reading sprints. Looking forward to another great year reading with you guys.
Thanks again

message 18: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks so much for your very kind words, Emily! I am glad you enjoy the group! :D

message 19: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Love the both of you! Great Board, Great People and great Mods with wonderful Ideas and great guidance!

Congratulations!

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks everyone!

message 21: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaschlumpf) | 630 comments Thank you both for everything you do!! This group is amazing!

message 22: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks Mandy! Everyone is awesome :)

message 23: by Mandiann (last edited Aug 30, 2013 08:15PM) (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7501 comments I would like to thank Gisbelle and Jacquelyn for all of the hard work they do in putting together so many wonderful challenges for us!

I love coming onto good reads to talk with everyone about reading. Many days it is the highlight of my day and always makes me smile (and often laugh)!!

Thank you to everyone for creating and participating in a community that I love and can feel like I am a part of! Although I have not yet had my one year anniversary with the group I am so proud to be able to say I belong to it!!!!

I love Crazy for Young Adult Books!

message 24: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks Mandiann :D I joined the group on September 1, so it's not exactly one year for me too :P

message 25: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks so much everyone! :D you guys are the best.

message 26: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7501 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Thanks Mandiann :D I joined the group on September 1, so it's not exactly one year for me too :P"
But it is coming soon! We will have to have a small celebration for that too! We wouldn't be where we are today without Jacquelyn and you!

message 27: by Gisbelle (last edited Aug 30, 2013 08:38PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks Mandiann. We are thinking of bring back some old games/contest just to recall fond memories :D

message 28: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7501 comments Ohh! Sounds like fun! And I missed out on them the first time around so I would love to get a second chance to join in on anything!

message 29: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments It would be great to have you, Mandiann!

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 207 comments Happy Anniversary to you guys,

I also enjoy this group, and the things you guys create. Thanks for all the hard work and everything

message 31: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks, Lisa! :D I am glad you enjoy the group!

message 32: by Ify (new)

Ify (cookies_and_cream) | 107 comments Yay! Congrats on how far this group has gone, I can't wait to see what else you have in store :D

message 33: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks, Ifeoma! :D