Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Revenge of the Horseclans (Horseclans, #3)
This topic is about Revenge of the Horseclans
Book Issues > Robert Adams vs Franklin Robert Adams

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments I have dreaded tackling this because it will be literally hundreds of books to fix after (which I don't mind doing, it's bugging me that much.

(Franklin) Robert Adams wrote and published as far as I can tell exclusively under the shorter name. I can't find a single cover where he used the longer name and I've looked pretty hard.

I'd like to merge them (and clean up the remaining duplicated authors if there are any).

I'm pretty sure this is the correct thing to do according to policy and the librarian manual, but clearly someone put in a mountain of time moving all the books and duplicating the author name on most (but not all) of them, so I'd like a sanity check before I do this.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Aug 30, 2013 07:20AM) (new)

rivka | 42499 comments Mod
You might try messaging the librarian who appears to have done most of the edits and asking them about it.

Edit: Ah, they are not accepting messages. That would make it more difficult. Especially since I just tried emailing them and it bounced.

message 3: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments In that case, I think I'll just go ahead and do it. Gulp.