Blood Lust discussion

Vampire Homes > Falsarius Sanguii's Estate

Comments Showing 1-50 of 309 (309 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments The abode of Weapons Master Falsarius Sanguii.

message 2: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Upon reaching the estate, Bridgette gazed upon the residence, taking in every little detail of it. Unbeknownst to most people, she had always had an interest in architecture, a thing that was most unheard of for people like her. Most humans aspired just to live a long life free of their vampire counterparts and, while that was something Bridgette most desired, her aspirations were not only limited to that one thing. Hand placed in Falsarius' grasp, she swung her leg over and hopped off the back of the steed, grateful once again for the stability of solid ground. "Nice place." She commented, her gaze returning to the manor.

message 3: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "My thanks. You don't seem to like Night's Wind so much. He is unique, is he not?" Whilst talking, Falsarius led her into the luxurious manor, its elegance almost excessive.

message 4: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) While they walked, Bridgette peered around the luxurious interior, eyes catching on every detail. She spoke but it was obvious that her mind wasn't exactly on the topic of the horse. "Unique." Her head bobbed in a small nod, "Yes, that's it. He's a very unique horse." She wast sure of what else to say so she didn't speak anymore. Instead, her eyes just continued to take in details, a thing she found herself often partaking in.

message 5: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "Are you hungry? Thirsty? Be compliant and you shall have all the luxuries you desire. Defy me, and, well, it does not bear thinking upon."

message 6: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) At these words, Bridgette's eyes shifted to him. Compliant - she'd have to be compliant. The thought of this made her shudder slightly. Bridgette had never been one for being completely held down. Though she never was in a position to, she preferred to speak her own mind and do as she pleased. She didn't like to conform to the whims of others. But now, something told her that wouldn't be accepted. "You have food?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. In truth, she may have been slightly hungry. The last food she had received had come to her no less than a day ago. The effects of hunger weren't too evident, but it was clear to her that she needed to eat something.

message 7: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments Falsarius smiled. "Of course I have food. Whatever you desire, I shall have brought to you; as of yet you are in my favour. Your life will be easy as long as you endeavour to keep things this way." He looked at her, deciding things were going well. He had struck a chord by providing services such as food, and he doubted she would forget his kindness lightly.

message 8: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Bridgette eyed the man carefully, her light brown oculars narrowed in confusion. This entire prospect was foreign to her. Never before had such a thing been offered to her; it seemed unnatural. During her time in the human trade, Bridgette had been the human of a select few. She hadn't been in the trade as long as others of her species, but that didn't mean she didn't know better. It was supposed to be the other way around: her waiting hand and foot on him, not him offering things to her. There had to be a hidden motive to this, she was sure of it. Bridgette thought it likely that he was buttering her up, making her think there was no need for her to feel uncomfortable with the inevitable truth she was facing. But though this may or may not have been the case, Bridgette wouldn't have it. "Food would be appreciated." She spoke, wondering if she would actually be served. Maybe this was some kind of cruel joke this vampire liked to play on his new 'guests'. Bridgette wouldn't have put it past him.

message 9: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "Of course." A ghoulish butler brought through a table of delicacies, a plate and cutlery. "Please, feel free to help yourself." He paused for a moment, trying to guess her thoughts. "I have tried to be as transparent as possible thus far. I believe I have made it clear that the quality of your service directly effects your quality of life. Things can as easily for you get better as they can get worse. I am a Psychic Vampire, and though I will refrain from using my mental powers on you, I still have need to survive. It is much better for both of us if I do this consentually."

message 10: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) As the table was brought out, Bridgette could have sworn that her jaw dropped. She'd never in her entire seventeen years of life encountered something like this. The idea of being served in such a manner was astounding to her. "Wow." It was all she could utter as she gazed upon the food resting upon the table. She reached out and grasped the plate, holding it close to her chest with her fingers drumming across it lightly. "I'm not doubting that things can get worse." She stated, shrugging her shoulders slightly. "I'm just trying to understand just how bad your worst is." Her eyes scanned over the food as she spoke, her mind trying to process just what everything was, "Care to enlighten?"

message 11: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "If you truly want to know, then I am obliged to tell. You will think worse of me for it though. I will begin by highlighting the fact that you are not my first servant, and your predecessor did not leave her post voluntarily. I can elaborate, but I warn you first that you will see me in a much darker light."

message 12: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Truly, this didn't faze Bridgette all that much. Though it was an awful thing indeed, the thought of women leaving their duties involuntarily was no a new thing to her. She'd known it to happen on more than one occasion. However, this didn't mean that it didn't frighten her slightly. Even though she'd gone through horrible things in her time, death was still not something she would look forward too. "I didn't think she did." Was all that she muttered, her appetite diminishing slightly.

message 13: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "I am sorry to have put you off the feast." He smiled, "I take it you do not want to rest of my past. I will also add, that though she left involuntarily, she was somewhat lessened as a person in the act of leaving."

message 14: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) All Bridgette could manage was a simple nod. It was unknown to her if his words were the truth or a scare tactic, but she decided not to argue against it for once. There wasn't a doubt that he would just try to reassure her that he was being truthful. "No, it's fine." Her hand set down the plate she'd been holding, the food no longer as appealing. She could wait to eat. She'd gone more than a day without eating and she could do it again. Her eyes look for the table to Falsarius, questions obvious in her eyes. Now that she'd decided against eating, she was curious as to what else was in store.

message 15: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "Shall I show you to your rooms?" Falsarius asked, smiling.

message 16: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) A nod was Bridgette's only response. So far, she was coming to a point of understanding in this bargain. He'd held up his end - food, water, shelter, a room to sleep in - now Bridgette just had to make sure she held up hers. It was certain in her mind that it wouldn't be the most enjoyable pay off for her, but maybe she could live with it. Maybe. However much this was a good deal, she didn't like it. But that didn't matter, did it? Whether she liked it or not wasn't part of the deal; she just had to put up with it.

message 17: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments He took her hand once more and led her up a flight of stairs, he nodded in one direction, towards the right. "Down there are my rooms. Do not mistake them for your own. You are welcome to visit, but do not do so lightly." He then led her in the opposite direction, halting in front of a door, and leading her through into an opulent bedroom decorated by arts and with a large bed central to it. "This is all yours. I shall have new clothes bought for you in the current fashion, and any other things you desire. Are you pleased?"

message 18: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Standing in the room he had given her, Bridgette simply looked around, admiring it for a moment. It was nice - nicer than one she'd had to herself. It seemed that, usually, her bedrooms were never this pleasant. The bare minimum had always been provided and, now, seeing the little details and extras in this room, she felt strangely... happy. It was nice to have more than what was only necessary. "I think I am." She spoke, eyes still examining the interior.

message 19: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "I am glad to hear it. Was there anything else you desired to make your life here more comfortable?" He examined her face, looking for traces of doubt or mistrust, and to his delight found none.

message 20: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Life here more comfortable... Bridgette thought over these words as she contemplated what it was that could make her more fully appreciate this situation. Really, without the possibility of dropping her own end of the bargain, there was nothing. "I don't know of anything." She stated, being truthful in her words. There truly wasn't anything other than freedom and happiness that she desired and, while she was here, those weren't likely of happening. Perhaps the second could be managed, but Bridgette couldn't be sure of that. In fact, she highly doubted it. While this situation may not have been the worst she'd ever encountered, she could think of many others that would please her more.

message 21: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "That is good. You're new clothes will be here soon. In the meanwhile, what do you believe your duties here will be? I am always intrigued by the answers."

message 22: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Bridgette only laughed at this. It was a loud, real laugh that she found just slipped out there. "Oh, I bet you are." She smiled slightly, "Well, I'd like to believe they're going to be minimal and fun in a way, but I doubt that's what's going to happen. Am I right?" Bridgette's time as a human slave had most certainly been anything but fun. Times hadn't been kind to her and, though this was true of most people like her nowadays, she still wished there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Recently though, that had proven to be unlikely.

message 23: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments He laughed. "You are right. And if the are not that, what do you believe they are ?"

message 24: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Mulling over what they could be, Bridgette actually came up with an answer or two, "Waiting on you hand and foot, for one." She shrugged, only guessing what the other one could be, "And, well, I'm guessing the other one has to do mostly with how you stay alive." The topic to her was somewhat shameless. Though she hated it, Bridgette couldn't deny that she'd done such things before. "Right again?" She asked, curious to his answer.

message 25: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "Yes, of course. You are not so quixotic as many of my previous companions, but no less amusing. Are you fond of music at all?"

message 26: by jenny (last edited Aug 30, 2013 08:20AM) (new)

jenny (sungkew) Bridgette laughed once again at the notion of her being practical. It was ridiculous, she thought, to be starry-eyed around someone you were in a business proposition with. Romance and business: the two didn't mix. However, at the suggestion of music, she came down from her laughter and raised an eyebrow, "Music? I suppose I am." She shrugged. "Why?"

message 27: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "I am a man of taste, you must realise. I enjoy fine wines, foods, and music as much as any. I play a bit myself, in fact." He smiled at her happily.

message 28: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) "Don't we all?" Bridgette commented in reply to his enjoyment of fine things. She was sure that most everyone would love to have nice things if it was permitted. To the musical aspect, her interests peaked a bit, "Oh? What do you play?" Bridgette herself had never been much of a musical person. She couldn't sing and couldn't play anything. However, she did like music well enough.

message 29: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "I play the lyre, quite enchantingly, I am told. Would you like me to serenade you?" He looked at her carefully, waiting to judge her reactions.

message 30: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) "Ah, okay. The lyre..." Bridgette put a finger to her chin, "You know, I don't think I've ever had someone play the lyre for me." Though, really, Bridgette had never had someone serenade her before either. She hadn't ever been the person of someone's affection - other than in a noncommittal way, of course - so she hadn't had the opportunity arise. Still though, she was sure that would be a little awkward for the both of them. "I'm fine without being serenaded, thank you." Though she denied, she surprised herself with a smile. Falsarius really wasn't that bad when one wasn't worried about him killing them or being possessive.

message 31: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments He realised that she was coming to like him more, and he smiled at that. "No? Such a pity. It would have moved you, I promise. But alas, if you have no taste for such things, who am I to force them upon you? It is not part of your duties to listen to my melodious lyre." He thought for a moment. "Nor are you obliged to be unhappy here. I will do all that I can to avoid that, you must realise."

message 32: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Bridgette smiled slightly, "I'm sure it would have. Moved to tears, I bet." She was being her playful, happy self now. Though she hadn't completely accepted her role in this manor, she didn't see the need to be paranoid over such small things. He hadn't done anything wrong to her thus far and, though there was doubt in her mind that he wouldn't ever, she could accept for now that things were going smoothly. "Does that mean I'm obliged to be happy while here?" She didn't know why she asked the question for it had just slipped as most of her unpracticed words did.

message 33: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "If you can manage it. I would rather you were, and will help you to be, so far as I can." Falsarius was content, she seemed to have settled in well, and he believed she would accede to him when he decided to finally make use of her.

message 34: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Nodding along with his words, Bridgette found another question biting at her tongue, "Why though?" She couldn't exactly comprehend why it was that he was treating her like... like an equal almost. Sure, she still wasn't free and she was far from being on the same standards, but he wasn't treating her like an animal as most of his kind would. It was confusing to her.

message 35: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "Because I need you to stay alive, and I have a conscience. Unfortunately, those two ideals do not fit well together; and so this is why I treat you so well. I treat you well because you are of value, not only as a source of life energy, but also as a companion and friend, I hope."

message 36: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Bridgette contemplated the sentences, forming her opinion in her mind. The suspicion was still there, but it was dimming. Hearing that she was more than a source of energy was both relieving and awful to her at the same time. On one hand, she was grateful that she was being treated like she actually had feelings, but, on the other hand, she didn't really want things to be personal. That would make things complicated and that was something Bridgette would much prefer to avoid. "No, those don't go well together at all." She simply stated for lack of better words.

message 37: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "But that's just something to say, isn't it, whilst you contemplate what I just said. I know humans, and vampires, to be transparent." He looked at her, reading signs in her expression. "I fear a part of you is afraid; afraid of this being anything more than a business arrangement. If that is the larger part of you, then feel free to leave tomorrow. Though I doubt that is truly the case."

message 38: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) "Are you suggesting that I can just leave if I please?" Bridgette asked, raising an eyebrow. She was aware that she was dodging half of his statement, but she didn't have the desire to answer it. How to answer it was unknown and so she didn't. She just stood with her arms crossed over her chest, trying to make her face as unreadable as possible. Though she tended to be an open book anyways, she didn't like the fact that he didn't have to try so hard to know what it was she was thinking.

message 39: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "I'm saying you can leave tomorrow. After that, you will have little reason to leave, nor would I let you simply leave. I guess you'd rather I didn't make any efforts to deduce your thoughts, despite having to deduce that, and I will stop, if you wish."

message 40: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Bridgette shook her head at this, not out of denial or the like, just out of contemplation. After shrugging her shoulders slightly, she dodged his words. "How old are you?" She didn't care whether or not he would be displeased by her sudden change of topic; she felt it warranted a change. She was tired of talking about such things.

message 41: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "I stopped counting." Falsarius lied smoothly. "I take it then you will not be leaving on the morrow? A wise choice." Though he tried to disguise it, Falsarius was becoming feint with tiredness; he had not drained anyone an ounce of energy for near a week.

message 42: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) "Don't hold me to that." Bridgette said in reply to his small praise. "I still haven't made up my mind." She couldn't see the slight fatigue in his motions. However, even if she had noticed it, she wouldn't have done anything. She wasn't going to just offer herself up without it being requested. Though this was her duty, she didn't feel she needed to go about it in such a way that would compromise her rebellious nature. That wasn't how Bridgette acted.

message 43: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments He looked at her, "I wouldn't. You have until midday to make up your mind, and until then you will only be providing minimal service." I can last another day, he thought. I am tougher than this.

message 44: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Bridgette returned the look, a glint of confusion shown in her brown eyes, "Minimal service?" She was curious as to what that included. To him, it could mean anything. Before she entered into this, she wanted to know what it was that that meant. Without that, she wasn't sure how to react. She didn't even know what would happen at midday if she didn't make up her mind. Would he kick her out again or would it be more of a severe situation? Either way, Bridgette knew that her options weren't exactly the best.

message 45: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments Weary, he replied, "It means that until midday tomorrow you can forget I am a vampire, of any sort." He was too tired to say anything else, and leant on her bed.

message 46: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Watching as he leaned on the bed, Bridgette just shook her head again, "I don't really find that possible." Once one was taken in by a vampire, it was hard to forget their nature. The only thing that was seen when gazing upon them was the vampiric characteristics they held. That was all Bridgette saw now. "When was the last time you...?" She made a motion with her hand, indicating what she was referencing, "The last time you, you know, drained anyone?"

message 47: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "Near a week. I haven't touched a single person since. But I'll live. I said I wouldn't touch you unless you decided to stay, and I stand by that. Speaking of standing, I may have to re-appropriate your bed." With that Falsarius fell heavily onto the bed, his fatigue rising exponentially.

message 48: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) A week... Bridgette wondered how it would feel to go on for a week without any source of energy. She'd felt slightly weak this morning from having a lack of food over the past few days; she couldn't imagine going without it for a week. He had to be exhausted. And even then, he'd done a lot for her already - given her a place to stay, offered food and water - and she'd done nothing in return. Letting out a sigh, Bridgette pointed her gaze to the ground for a second before it lifted once again. "Fine." She spoke harshly, her tone giving off nothing to the guilt she was feeling. "Just get it over with already."

message 49: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 178 comments "No. I... will endure." Falsarius was not one to go back on his word lightly.

message 50: by jenny (new)

jenny (sungkew) Bridgette could only roll her eyes at this. Men and their chivalry. She thought to herself, thinking it stupid how he wasn't taking this offer. "Look. I said you could so just do it." She didn't like to be turned down when offering this was such a rare occasion with her. "You said before that you didn't pity me, so don't go back on that now."

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7