The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

FALL CHALLENGE 2013 > 25.4. Elizabeth B's task: Celebration!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Aug 31, 2013 01:51PM) (new)

Sandy | 16195 comments Mod
25.4. Elizabeth B's task: Celebration!

My husband and I are going to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary on September 10th. In honor of this celebration and for this challenge, pick TWO options from the choices below and read a book for each:

Option A: read the seventh book in a series (the book must be identified as part of a series on Goodreads), or a book with the number seven in the title (not including subtitles), in numeral form or spelled out. Ordinal numbers can also be used, so Seventh Heaven would work.

Option B: Read a book that was first published in 2006. To help you out, here are some lists:
Best Books of 2006
YA Novels of 2006
New York Times 100 Notable Books of 2006
As always, be cautious when using GR Listopias, to make sure that the book you choose actually fits the task.

Option C: Read a book that shows an adult or teenaged couple engaged in what is obviously a romantic kiss or embrace on the cover.
REQUIRED: Include the cover in your post.

REQUIRED: State which options you used when you post.

message 2: by Elizabeth (last edited Oct 31, 2013 11:51PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Approved for Option A: 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma The Seven Dials Mystery (Superintendent Battle #2) by Agatha Christie Nineteen Seventy Four (Red Riding, #1) by David Peace

Approved for Option C:
Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer R. Hubbard Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon Van Booy Fireside by Susan Wiggs Lord Wraybourne's Betrothed by Jo Beverley The Vampyre and Other Tales of the Macabre by John William Polidori Easy by Tammara Webber Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1) by Julia London The Bet (The Bet, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken Burning Up by Susan Andersen Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1; Rosemary Beach, #1) by Abbi Glines I Got You, Babe by Jane Graves The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart Her Wicked Sin (Sins of Salem #1) by Sarah Ballance Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry By Love Undone (Bancroft Brothers, #1) by Suzanne Enoch - Taming Rafe (Bancroft Brothers, #2) by Suzanne Enoch After Hours by Cara McKenna All This Talk of Love by Christopher Castellani A Kiss Remembered by Sandra Brown Branded as Trouble (Rough Riders, #6) by Lorelei James Wake A Novel by Anna Hope

message 3: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 31, 2013 10:52PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Not approved for Option C:
The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2) by Beth Fantaskey No Longer a Gentleman (Lost Lords, #4) by Mary Jo Putney

message 4: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16195 comments Mod
This thread is now open.

message 5: by Megan (last edited Aug 30, 2013 04:37PM) (new)

Megan Anderson (ms_anderson) | 1481 comments Will this count as enough of a romantic couple-y thing for C?
Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer R. Hubbard

message 6: by Gayla (new)

Gayla Bassham (sophronisba) What about this for option C?

Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon Van Booy

message 7: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments Is this romantic enough? The "hug."

Fireside by Susan Wiggs

message 8: by Kate (last edited Aug 30, 2013 09:32PM) (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 1049 comments I know these might be long shots, but do either of these work for option C:
The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan
Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2) by Beth Fantaskey
Lord Wraybourne's Betrothed by Jo Beverley

message 9: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 161 comments In option A, can the 'seven' be in the name of the series?

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Lacy wrote: "In option A, can the 'seven' be in the name of the series?"

No, sorry, the seven must be in the title.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Ms Anderson wrote: "Will this count as enough of a romantic couple-y thing for C?
Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer R. Hubbard"

Yes.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Gayla wrote: "What about this for option C?

Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon Van Booy"

Yes.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Kathy G. wrote: "Is this romantic enough? The "hug."

Fireside by Susan Wiggs"

Yes.

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Kathryn CA wrote: "I know these might be long shots, but do either of these work for option C:
The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan
Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2) by Beth Fantaskey
[bookcover:Lord Wraybourne's Bet..."

Yes to the third, "Lord Wraybourne's Betrothed".

message 15: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4083 comments For this task, I have planned to read more in the Sookie series:

A: All Together Dead - #7 in series

B: Definitely Dead - published in 2006

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Bea wrote: "For this task, I have planned to read more in the Sookie series:

B: Definitely Dead - published in 2006"

I love this series Bea! Enjoy!

message 17: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4083 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Bea wrote: "For this task, I have planned to read more in the Sookie series:

B: Definitely Dead - published in 2006"

I love this series Bea! Enjoy!"

Thanks, Elizabeth. Work is so very stressful with lots of company change going on that I was delighted to find a task where I could plug in such fun reads. Thanks.

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela | 493 comments Bea, I planned on doing the same! I am able to fit more of these books in this challenge then I originally thought.

message 19: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 640 comments For A, can the 7 be in the subtitle? and can it be part of a bigger number, e.g. 1975?

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Rosemary it can't be in the subtitle but it can be part of a bigger number eg. 17 or 1975

message 21: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 161 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Lacy wrote: "In option A, can the 'seven' be in the name of the series?"

No, sorry, the seven must be in the title."

Thanks! ;)

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 31, 2013 04:07PM) (new)

how are these?

Option B:A Dirty Job (first published March 21st 2006)
Option C: The Vampyre and Other Tales of the Macabre by John William Polidori

message 23: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 1332 comments would 17 & Gonework for option A.

message 24: by Chris (new)

Chris (chrismd) | 967 comments Does this work as a romantic embrace?

No Longer a Gentleman (Lost Lords, #4) by Mary Jo Putney

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 89 comments Is this ok for Option C? Easy by Tammara Webber

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Delmy =^.^= wrote: "how are these?

Option B:A Dirty Job (first published March 21st 2006)
Option C:The Vampyre and Other Tales of the Macabre by John William Polidori"

Both are fine!

message 27: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments JennRenee wrote: "would 17 & Gonework for option A."

Yes!

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Chris wrote: "Does this work as a romantic embrace?

No Longer a Gentleman (Lost Lords, #4) by Mary Jo Putney"

I think I will have to say no to that one.

message 29: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Jennifer wrote: "Is this ok for Option C? Easy by Tammara Webber"

I'll say yes to this one.

message 30: by Marscha (new)

Marscha (mysterymb) | 429 comments I found the covers below for option C, will you check if they work?

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1) by Julia London The Bet (The Bet, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken Burning Up by Susan Andersen Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1) by Abbi Glines I Got You, Babe by Jane Graves The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 89 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Is this ok for Option C? Easy by Tammara Webber"

I'll say yes to this one."

Thanks!!

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Marscha wrote: "I found the covers below for option C, will you check if they work?

Safe Haven by Nicholas SparksAll I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1) by Julia LondonThe Bet (The Bet, #1) by Rachel Van DykenBurning Up by Susan Andersen[..."

All these work!

message 33: by Claire (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 1092 comments I am going to read Option A: The Seven Dials Mystery by Agatha Christie and Option B: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Claire wrote: "I am going to read Option A: The Seven Dials Mystery by Agatha Christie and Option B: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen."

Both work! Enjoy!

message 35: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments Her Wicked Sin by Sarah Ballance - romantic embrace enough?

message 36: by Chaitra (new)

Chaitra (chaitra_ganesh) | 520 comments I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd ask! Will "Seventy" work for Seven?

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan | 672 comments Is this a romantic enough embrace?

Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart

message 38: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Dee wrote: "Her Wicked Sin by Sarah Ballance - romantic embrace enough?"

Sure!

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Chaitra wrote: "I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd ask! Will "Seventy" work for Seven?"

It works!

message 40: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Susan wrote: "Is this a romantic enough embrace?

Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart"

Yes!

message 41: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 1332 comments is this ok for option c Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry

message 42: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments JennRenee wrote: "is this ok for option c Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry"

Sure!

message 43: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments Thanks! just got a bunch of review books from a publisher and trying to squeeze them in

message 44: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 822 comments Do these qualify as an embrace for Option C? By Love Undone (Bancroft Brothers, #1) by Suzanne Enoch - Taming Rafe (Bancroft Brothers, #2) by Suzanne Enoch

message 45: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments BJ Rose wrote: "Do these qualify as an embrace for Option C? By Love Undone (Bancroft Brothers, #1) by Suzanne Enoch - Taming Rafe (Bancroft Brothers, #2) by Suzanne Enoch"

Yes, both work for Option C!

message 46: by Chaitra (new)

Chaitra (chaitra_ganesh) | 520 comments Would you count this as a romantic embrace?

All This Talk of Love by Christopher Castellani

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Chaitra wrote: "Would you count this as a romantic embrace?

All This Talk of Love by Christopher Castellani"

I'll say yes. Sorry for the late response!

message 48: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1693 comments Is there enough 'kissing' on the cover to qualify for option 3?

A Kiss Remembered by Sandra Brown

You can see the woman's face on the cover of the book but it is not as plain in this cover.

message 49: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1183 comments Wanda wrote: "Is there enough 'kissing' on the cover to qualify for option 3?

A Kiss Remembered by Sandra Brown

You can see the woman's face on the cover of the book but it is not as plain in this cover."

You can use it, you can see the woman's face when you enlarge the cover.

message 50: by Isha (new)

Isha | 224 comments Would this work for option c?
Branded as Trouble (Rough Riders, #6) by Lorelei James

« previous 1