The Darker Days discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

((rp new york charries here))

message 2: by Araceli (new)

Araceli Nitasha lit all the streetlights on Marketer Street. The fire flickered with the wind but it didn't blow out

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth was waving around a newspaper. "EXTRA! EXTRA!"

message 4: by Araceli (new)

Araceli Nitasha had finished lighting and walked over to a newspaper boy. "Do you happen to have the time, sir?"

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

He nodded, and handed her the newspaper. The title said, 'mysterious mas murders in london'.

message 6: by Araceli (new)

Araceli "Oh dear. Another one, eh?" She handed the paper back to the boy and asked "What's your name?"

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Seth," he said.

message 8: by Araceli (new)

Araceli "Nice to meet you, Seth. I'm Nitasha." She shivered in the cold and drew her tattered shawl closer. "Do you have shelter tonight?"

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yeah..." he shrugged sheepishly. "Enough of it..."

message 10: by Araceli (new)

Araceli "Let me guess....the orphanage?" asked Nitasha gently, remembering the horrible memories she had there.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"No. Local facotry."

message 12: by Araceli (new)

Araceli Nitasha shivered. "Are they expecting you soon? I'm not a kidnapper, in case you're wondering."

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

He shook his head, "THey don't really care...'

message 14: by Araceli (new)

Araceli "Well then. Would you care to come to my home and take shelter there? It's right around the corner. If you wish, that is. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't trust me. Sometimes, that's the only way to survive." She added quietly.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth nodded, "Thanks, but no thanks."

message 16: by Araceli (new)

Araceli "No worries, Seth. I understand." She picked up her lighting stick and started to walk away. "But I'll be seeing you from time to time, yes?"

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

He noded, "Yeah, with there being more and more murders cropping up overseas, there will be a whole lot of headline news..."

message 18: by Jessica ❀Sparky❀ (last edited Jun 17, 2009 09:27AM) (new)

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah set Sammy on a little blanket and crept up behind Seth. She reached for the coins in his box, then stopped, feeling torn. A man walked by and knocked her roughly out of the way, and she fell into the paper boy.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth jumped, "ahhh!

message 20: by Jessica ❀Sparky❀ (last edited Jun 21, 2009 05:28PM) (new)

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah jumped up and looked at him, terrified. "I'm sorry, sir. I din' wanna steal, but we are hungry. I's sorry if I made you mad. Please, just let Sam and me go," she pleaded, ashen-faced.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth looked at her strangely, and took out a dollar, handong it to her.

message 22: by Jessica ❀Sparky❀ (last edited Jun 22, 2009 09:56PM) (new)

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah stared at him, her little mouth open in awe. "Sawah!" Sam cried from where she had settled him. Sarah accepted the dollar slowly. "Thank you, sir," she said softly and sincerely. She started to back away before he could change his mind. "Sorry again, for almost stealin'." She slipped it into her picked and hurried back to her brother.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth nodded, "It's okay, just learn to be more carefl from now on..."

message 24: by Jessica ❀Sparky❀ (last edited Jun 25, 2009 12:06PM) (new)

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah nodded. "Thank you, sir." She hurried to Sam. "See him? " She whispered to Sam as she helped him stand up. "He din' even get mad, he gave us money! We can buy food tonight!" Sam smiled.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth sighed, and started walking back towards the factory...

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sam shivered, his lips already starting to turn blue. Sarah bit her finger. "Stay here, Sam. Sir! Sir!" She called as loudly as she dared, running closer to Seth.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth turned around, "Is there a problem?"

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah felt a sudden rush of fear course through her, her face flushing. She had no right to ask anything if the younge man who had already been nice to her, but she had to make sure Sam was safe. "Um... Wel, I was wondering if you knew anywhere my brother 'n' me could sleep? We had a good place, but the buildin' got burned down."

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Sympathy clouded Seth's face, "Um, I really do't have a place either, but I think you can stay at the factory that I sleep at i you want. I'm pretty sure the owner wouldn't mind."

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments ((Whoa I thought I replyed forever ago!!))

Sarah brightened. "Thank you. I 'preciate it a lot. She went to Sam and grabbed his hand.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

((lol))
Seth nodded, smiling, "No problem. And tell the boss its my fault, if he gets mad."

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah nodded, but she bit her lip. "Will he?"

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth shrugged, "I really don't know. The boss is bloody unpredicatable."

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah sighed. "I know what that's like."

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth nodded, "Probably..."

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah shrugged. "Well, that doesn't matter Now. What's your name? It seems like it would be a good thing to know, but you don't have to tell me."

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

"Seth, yours?"

message 38: by Jessica ❀Sparky❀ (last edited Sep 05, 2009 09:16PM) (new)

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments "Sarah. This is Seth. Why are you helping us?" She asked innocently.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"I don't know. I guess it just feels good to do something nice for people, like I'm helping other kids who aren't as lucky as I am, while doing it. Just like my mom had wanted me to."

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah nodded seriously. "That's a very good reason. And we appreciate it." Sarah suddenly looked teary.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth cocked his head, "What's wrong?"

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah wiped her eyes roughly. "It's just," she lowered her voice. "I love Seth, but I can't give him what he needs. He's so smart, he could go to college and be something good. But with me, he's just starving and alone. Sometimes-" her little voice broke. "Sometimes I wonder if he would be better off with a rich family. He's so cute and sweet, someone would want him. Am I being selfish to keep him with me?" She asked him with a pained expression that didn't belong on her young face.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth shook his head, "No, I don't think so, but it all depends on where he wants to go."

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah nodded. "I know, I have almost asked him lots of times... But I couldn't."

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"I can't really blame you..."

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah shrugged. "I just want him to be happy, and sometimes I don't think he is... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to throw alll of dis on you."

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Seth shook his head, "No, no, it's all cool. It's just..."

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah looked up at his face, which was slightly obscured by darkness. "What?"

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

"Nothing, nothing." Seth shook his head.

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 149 comments Sarah frowned. "Nothing?"

« previous 1