Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) Beautiful Creatures question

Did anyone else think this book sucked?
Zack Zack Aug 30, 2013 03:18AM
Like, really really sucked? Because I don't know about you guys but I wanted to pull my eyes out several times during the course of this book.

I basically slept my way through it. The characters are empty shells, plot is-
Wait, there's no plot.
And the authors just keep adding cliches.

hIpnoticraQs The movie did
Jun 12, 2014 06:09PM · flag

yeah I was super excited to read it but once I started it I just couldn't get into it, I managed to force myself to read the whole thing, but it was really terrible there was nothing about it that pulled me in, I just didn't feel the story or connect with the characters.

no offense guys but I DON'T LIKE IT. period

I personally loved the entire series!! :D

deleted member Aug 31, 2013 07:49AM   1 vote
I didn't love it nor hate it... It's a very complicated relationship.

At first it was super boring, Ethan i hated for being such a girl. I mean seriously! He had no personality at all, forever following Lena!
Lena i hated too in more than one occation for being such a demanded never satisfied immatured girl!
The writing was so long! I just wished the authers would've wrote more of the descriptive language instead of the repeated same forever casting emotions!
I was shocked by all the reviews i've read and watched and all the rating stars given. It was supposed to be cool but it wasn't! Not the first 300 something pages anyway!
I'll go forever numbering all the things i DIDN't like about this book, so instead i'll go say those counted parts i liked..
The paranormals were simply amazing.
The ending was stunning.
And the last plot twists were WOW!
That's it. Those are the only parts that kept me from throwing up my insides cause honestly Ethan and Lena for me were just too cheesy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like this book!

Yes

I enjoyed the story, however I wound myself constantly disconnecting from the story because of the writing. I personally think I would have been more interesting if Ethan was a more interesting character or if it was in Lena's point of view

I didn't feel very strongly about the book one way or another - just meh really. Chances are pretty high that I won't read any more of the series.

i really didn't like this book. i couldn't even finish it! nothing happens and it just drags on

deleted member Oct 22, 2013 04:44PM   0 votes
I hate the book AND the movie however, the book took up more than 1 and a half hours of my time so...

I disliked it.. it was quite crap

The movie was worse.

Marissa Homan I agree on the movie.
Dec 30, 2013 01:53AM

Yup! I was so happy when I was finished. Poor writing, total plot ripoffs, predictable & flat characters. This book stank so badly it needed two authors to reach such a level of atrociousness.

Bailey (last edited Sep 18, 2013 12:57PM ) Aug 30, 2013 05:21PM   0 votes
Completely agree with you. When I saw the previews for the movie I thought it looked really interesting. I had developed high expectations for this book before hand, and was very excited to start reading it. From the very first page I was just... bored. It was badly written, the story was cheesy and uninteresting, the ending was bad and confusing. I had to force myself to finish the book. Needless to say I am not continuing the series.

Out of curiosity, after I finished the book, I decided to try and watch the movie. Ten minutes in I just stopped and turned it off. The book was bad, and the movie was worse! Ugh.

Although I won't be nominating this book or its author for number one EVER, it was an easy going and enjoyable read. There are thousands worse!

I can't say it sucked, but I felt elated like I wasted a lot of time trying to understand things. Too many characters and not enough interest - and I was listening to the audiobook!
I also thought afterwards why on earth there would be a sequel? I felt the ending could've been left as is.

Beautiful Creatures RULED!!! I read all four books in under a month. Amazing.

I couldn't even finish it.

Zack wrote: "Like, really really sucked? Because I don't know about you guys but I wanted to pull my eyes out several times during the course of this book."

YES

Zack wrote: "Like, really really sucked? Because I don't know about you guys but I wanted to pull my eyes out several times during the course of this book."

Glad I am not the only one haha

I enjoyed the first 2 books but I almost didn't make it through the 3rd one. I am about half way through the 4th one but don't care enough to pick it up and finish it.

deleted member Sep 14, 2013 03:36AM   0 votes
There were parts that were spot on - Lena and her odd family being the outcasts in a small town. Otherwise the book was sadly lacking.

I didn't think it was the best book by any stretch. I did read the other books in the series and it gets a little better. I wasn't particularly drawn to the books after the first ones but I had just read Dark Places and Sharp Objects back to back and need a completely light and different change of pace. The third book is the best one but I haven't read the last one yet either.

I didn't HATE it. It was just reminiscent of another poorly-executed paranormal romance that had one-dimensional shallowly-motivated characters and dropped one too many plot points for my personal taste.

But hey... if you're into that sort of thing...

I liked it enough to finish the series. The only one I didn't care for was Beautiful Darkness, because it was way longer than necessary for how much relevance to the story it held.

I did see the movie, and I loved it. It wasn't too far of from the book except for the mess of changes they made. (The ending??) It did make me angry that it wasn't exactly like the book. But let's be honest, have we ever seen a movie where the script of the book is narrated out word for word and part for part..? I haven't. That would make one hell of a long movie too. :/

I tried since everyone was so excited about it, but I couldn't get through it.

I thought I was the only one that disliked this book! All my friends who have read this loved it! Why? It was so boring, the characters were so dense and empty and just no.

I don't think they suck but they are mot my favorite what so ever. I was bored many times and made myself read. I have the rest of the series on my shelf but I don't know if I wanna read the rest but I must since I spent money. Hopefully it gets better

That can't be a good sign, because I'm planning to read this!

I read the first chapter and afterwards i was like omfg no thanks man then I returned it to the library and after I felt happier lol

I liked the book but there were parts i just wanted to skip just so i wouldnt fall asleep

I had trouble getting into it. The writing style was good but it wasn't the best book I've read

The book was okay. It went too slow, it could have been 300 pg and be better, too much unnessecary stuff happened.The movie made me want to break the T.V..

deleted member Sep 17, 2013 05:33PM   0 votes
It was a total DNF. It was so bad and cheesy it was funny.

God yes. I was frustrated and irritated and angry and bored all at the same time.

I was really excited to read this and was pretty disappointed when I finished it… I did not like the characters; most of them were cliché and Lena was just annoying. I couldn't get into the romance, and believe me, I tried. I think like half of the book could've been edited out; it dragged on for much too long. The "plot" was boring, predicable, and cliché. It was written fairly well, and I'll try out the other books, and it definitely wasn't the worst book I've ever read, but yep, it was pretty sucky and overall a big disappointment.

I only got half way through the book and returned it to the library. It was so boring OMG.

hell no on of the best peices of work ive evr read

Well, Maybe you dislike it, but I for one really enjoyed it. It pulled me in immediately. I am definitely a fan :-). And well, if you don't like the book, just asking, why are you here?