YA romance discussion

General > Welcome! introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lesashoe) | 263 comments Mod
Hello my name is Lisa and I am the moderator of this group.
I have a weakness for Young Adult books especially romantic ones, so what better way to fulfil that love by sharing it with others.
As this bookgroup is new, I want to know if you have books in mind for future or what you have read or any other general questions.

message 2: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Hi, I'm Adriana. I mostly read YA and I love when it has any kind of romance - from cheesy to heartbreaking.

Pivot Point. It's not just about romance but it does have her choosing between one boy and another.

Lock and Key or The Moon and More. I've never read a Dessen book so any one would be good.

Under the Never Sky - I've been meaning to start this series and it looks really good (:

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Adriana wrote: "Hi, I'm Adriana. I mostly read YA and I love when it has any kind of romance - from cheesy to heartbreaking.

Pivot Point. It's not just about romance but it does have her choosing between one boy..."

Hello Adriana thankyou for your recommendations!
I've created a new poll for the next book to read in October including these titles

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana lisa wrote: "Adriana wrote: "Hi, I'm Adriana. I mostly read YA and I love when it has any kind of romance - from cheesy to heartbreaking.

Pivot Point. It's not just about romance but it does have her choosing..."

Awesome! I'll go vote now (:

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Please everyone feel free to introduce yourself here. I'll even start!
My name is Lisa, I'm from Australia, and I am the moderator of YA romance. I adore reading and buy a lot of my books (I don't know how long I can afford that for).
I try to read as much as I can but struggle with time and I feel i am a relatively slow reader.
My favourite book is probably I Am the Messenger and specifically my favourite romance book would be The Sky Is Everywhere or If I Stay although I do adore The Fault in Our Stars.

Recently I have embraced my love for YA romance novels and chose to start this group in hopes to motivate me to read more books.

So tell me about yourself?

message 6: by Lisa (new)

also I forgot to mention I run a book blog http://bookgobbledegook.tumblr.com/

please leave your blogs if you have one!

message 7: by Demi (new)

Demi Spencer | 10 comments Hi :) I'm Demi and i to love YA romance novels, i am currently studying a BA majoring in English and mythology and hope to work for a publishing house in america one day. Australia is home for now and i tend to spend majority of my pay check on books, Feel free to give us a buzz at any time! xxxx

message 8: by Adriana (new)

Adriana lisa wrote: "also I forgot to mention I run a book blog http://bookgobbledegook.tumblr.com/

please leave your blogs if you have one!"

Cute blog! I tried to do the same thing on tumblr but it ended up mostly being art...

I do have a book blog though: http://shesgotbooksonhermind.blogspot...

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Demi wrote: "Hi :) I'm Demi and i to love YA romance novels, i am currently studying a BA majoring in English and mythology and hope to work for a publishing house in america one day. Australia is home for now ..."

Ooh! Mythology? I didn't know you could do that. What's your favorite myth?

message 10: by Hanne (new)

Hanne Hi my name is Hanne and I'm from Belgium. I buy a lot of books and my mom isn't always too happy about that, because she works at the local library, but there's just something about having them on my shelf :). I love to read fantasy and YA, mixed with the occasional classic. I study English and Swedish at university. So that's it I guess :). Oh, I also have a book blog, which is kind of basic: http://all-i-want-is-books.tumblr.com/

message 11: by Tayler (new)

Tayler Steele (taylermegan) Hi guys,I'm Tayler. I'm from Georgia (the state, not the country), I'm 20, I'm an English major and I'm in my junior year of college. I'm hoping to either work in publishing or as a high school English teacher. I loooooove YA lit, as well as Victorian novels, historical fiction, fantasy, etc. My all-time favorite books are Eleanor & Park, the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima, and Wuthering Heights. So that's pretty much it :)

message 12: by Ella (new)

Ella Hanley (ellajanehanley) Hello everyone :) I'm Ella, I'm 18 and I love YA books :) I have a huge soft spot for a romance and I love a good love triangle. My favourite book is The fault in our stars :)

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Ella wrote: "Hello everyone :) I'm Ella, I'm 18 and I love YA books :) I have a huge soft spot for a romance and I love a good love triangle. My favourite book is The fault in our stars :)"

Ella wrote: "Hello everyone :) I'm Ella, I'm 18 and I love YA books :) I have a huge soft spot for a romance and I love a good love triangle. My favourite book is The fault in our stars :)"

Welcome to the group Ella!! Don't we all have a soft spot for romance :)

message 14: by Ella (new)

Ella Hanley (ellajanehanley) Thank you :) that's right hahaa!

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Ella wrote: "Thank you :) that's right hahaa!"

I'm just glad I am not the only one and have this group now haha

message 16: by Ella (new)

Ella Hanley (ellajanehanley) Omg me too! I'm glad I joined :)

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Ella wrote: "Omg me too! I'm glad I joined :)"

that makes me super happy :D I hope you will join in on the discussing and such and there is the poll for what the group wants to read on the home page if you like to vote.

message 18: by Ella (new)

Ella Hanley (ellajanehanley) Yay I definetly will! Ok I will check the poll out too :)

message 19: by Maddie (new)

Maddie worden | 1 comments Hello! Im Maddie, I love to read anything and it changes a lot but right now I am into YA. I love John Green and Cassandra Clare books.

message 20: by Subhashree (new)

Subhashree  Hari Hi I am subhashree ... I love reading all kinds of books .. but the genres that interest me the most are YA romance , thriller and mystery !!

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelreaditwrite) I don't think I've actually introduced myself but I've already participated in a few book discussions lol... Anyways my favourite genre is fantasy but really I like most things, except maybe horror. And of course, I always like a bit of romance so that's why I joined this group.

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Maddie wrote: "Hello! Im Maddie, I love to read anything and it changes a lot but right now I am into YA. I love John Green and Cassandra Clare books."

Hello Maddie :D welcome to the group. I am a big fan of John Green also; which of his books are your favourite?

message 23: by Lisa (new)

subhashree wrote: "Hi I am subhashree ... I love reading all kinds of books .. but the genres that interest me the most are YA romance , thriller and mystery !!"

Hello Subhashree - I am reading a thriller at the moment, i think it is the first one I have read and I can safely say I prefer YA romance ahahha

message 24: by Lisa (new)

Rachel wrote: "I don't think I've actually introduced myself but I've already participated in a few book discussions lol... Anyways my favourite genre is fantasy but really I like most things, except maybe horror..."

HEY RACHEL - welcome ahhahaha. Fantasy is definitely one of my favourite genres also.

message 25: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) Hi! For me Looking for Alaska was so boring! Sorry!

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Welcome to the group! I can't say I liked Looking For Alaska much either. It is very much so a coming of age story, with a key romantic elements.

message 27: by Chhavi (new)

Chhavi (chhavikapur) | 3 comments Valentina wrote: "Hi! My name's valentina i'm from argentina and my favorite romántic book's the fault in our stars. Now i want yo read looking for Alaska can you tell me something about it?"

Well, Looking for Alaska is one of my favourite books. Many people don't like it as much as TFIOS but its different and it is just special for me because its more relatable with the whole hostel and rule breaking scenario.

message 28: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dykes Hi! I just published my first book in March of this year and now have three out of the five book series complete!

I love meeting new people so please feel free to add me as friend on here or send me a message.

Also please check out my Facebook page-https://m.facebook.com/pages/Soulmate...

And follow me on Twitter @nicoledykes87

My first book is Soulmates (Soulmates, #1) by Nicole Dykes
Only 99 cents on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Soulmates-Nicol...

For more info about the entire series please check out this blog post- https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you!

message 29: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebes08) | 3 comments Hi, I'm Rachna :)
My favourites change every now and the but I'll devour anything with an intriguing mystery, romance or anything to do with mental illness.
Any book recommendations??

message 30: by Rebecca (new)

My favourites change every now and the but I'll devour anything with an intriguing mystery, romance or anything to do with mental illness.

message 31: by Rebecca (new)