~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

Flipped
This topic is about Flipped
Flipped > Romance

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
How did you feel about the romance in this book? Was it authentic? Was it relatable? Do you think this romance bests the typical YA romance? What are your thoughts on the romantic relationship in this book?

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I could relate on it. That's why I love it. It's pure YA romance and it's not cheesy. :)

message 3: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Not at all!!! I love this little love story!!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Me too! One of the best standalone books ever. Highly recommended. As well as the movie

message 5: by Jenelle (last edited Sep 06, 2013 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenelle I thought it was very relatable and "real." I loved how it "flipped" back and forth, showing the same scene from each character's perspective, and really illustrated why you can't just assume that you know what another person is thinking.

I'm glad it wasn't much longer, or I would have been trying to jump into the book to grab each character by the shoulders and shake them and tell them to just sit down and TALK to each other! LOL But it never quite got to that point.

There's a movie? I'm going to have to go look it up now.

message 6: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes and the movie is amazing!!!

Day's (days_lee) | 7 comments The romance seemed very real to me. I liked how from the get go, Bryce is terrified that Juli LIKES him! It is so true how we can misread another's action or intentions.

message 8: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

That's so true!!! It's a very cute romance but it helps you see how two different people see the same situation.