What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA, multiple kids, maybe foster kids, man and woman taking care of them, hiding from someone, sad book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin | 3 comments I've been trying to figure out the name of this book for a long time. I read this forever ago, with my mom, when I was about 10 or 11, so it is most likely a Young Adult book. That would also make the book at least 7 years old. It could be older. I just mainly remember that there were multiple kids (foster kids maybe) and there was a man and woman (his sister, I think) taking care of them. I remember the sister was mentally or maybe physically disabled. I remember the main character was a girl. I'm pretty sure they were hiding from someone (maybe DCF). I remember it was a really sad book. For some reason I think the title might have something with the word Sidewalk in it, but I could be wrong. If anyone has any idea, please let me know!

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2407 comments Was DCF in the book, and what does it stand for?

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin | 3 comments I'm not a hundred percent sure. I think, if they were foster children, that they were going to be taken away because they didn't think the disabled woman and her brother were able to care for the children. DCF stands for Department of Children and Families.

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 391 comments This only sort of fits, but maybe Where the Lilies Bloom, by Vera and Bill Cleaver?

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5052 comments Robin, is the book set in contemporary time or historical?

Also, you may want to edit the post's title to something more descriptive (like "large family w/ disabled sister). That way it will help catch someone's eye.

message 6: by Kris (last edited Aug 30, 2013 07:43AM) (new)

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39847 comments Mod
Robin, I added details to your header to get more people looking at it.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Robin, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Robin, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.