Spider Woman's Daughter (Leaphorn  & Chee, #19) Spider Woman's Daughter discussion

Giveaway Winner!!!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer I am so happy to have won this book! It sounds very exciting!

message 2: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Yes, I supposedly won this book too. In fact it was the first book I have ever won on this site. Unfortunately it is now the middle of November, and despite reporting that I have still not recieved the book back in September, I have yet to hear from anyone regarding the status.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I am so happy to have won this book! It sounds very exciting!" I've read it and loved it. Hope you did too. Looking forward to more from this author in the line of Southwest reservation stories.

Judith Kerr Darn! I didn`t win it, but bought it! Anne writes as well as her father. Learned a lot about Indian lore and relics. This is her first novel. She uses her father`s characters very well.

Katy Judith wrote: "Darn! I didn`t win it, but bought it! Anne writes as well as her father. Learned a lot about Indian lore and relics. This is her first novel. She uses her father`s characters very well."

She does use her father's characters very well. By using Bernie as the main character I think she is able to tell the story from a more feminine perspective without changing the characters that we have come to love from her father's books. I loved this book.

Mark I borrowed the audiobook from my Library site and thought it was very good. Well worth reading.

Jim I've lived in Farmington and Gallup. Worked at the PHS hospital in Gallup. Had friends in Zuni. This is very real. When I first worked with the Navajos it was an unwritten language. Years later it was written . The insights into the culture is good. I kept wondering if the restaurant mentioned was the one where I would get soft tacos. Staying in the hotel in Gallup. When you read this book, all this is real.