The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) The House of Hades discussion

First Chapter Discussion - Hazel

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurel (last edited Aug 29, 2013 08:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laurel I just finished reading the first chapter of House of Hades and I CANNOT wait until the rest of the book comes out.

*SPOILERS*

I'm loving that Hazel is the first narrator, especially since she's the daughter of Pluto/Hades. We know that she will have a very important role. I wonder what challenge is a head of Nico and Hazel as the children of Pluto/Hades once they reach the House of Hades that must be kept a secret from everyone else.

Ideas anyone?

Also, I'm curious what's going to happen with the whole Hazel/Frank/Leo triangle. I don't know why but I thinking Hazel and Frank might has some issues going on based on the line: "She wanted to experience just being a regular girl for once, with an actual sweet, caring boyfriend." Does this imply that Frank is not being a sweet and caring boyfriend? Also they are not working the same shift to fight the mountain gods. Maybe I'm just over-analyzing things.

So what do you guys think about the first chapter? Did anything stand out to you?

FallingAngels I like it! It was really itriguing! I can't wait for the book!

message 3: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Jackson I liked it too, but I thought that it was fanfiction at first. Something about it just doesn't seem Riordan-ish to me...

Wouldn't the obvious choice to just fly around the southern tips of the mountains? they wouldn't touch the sea, and they could go around Rome. Did I miss something?