The Challenge Factory discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
2013 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Lauren & Stacy - Divergent

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Lauren & Stacy - Divergent

Lauren Hi Stacy!

message 3: by Lauren (last edited Sep 05, 2013 03:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren I'm on page 76, Chapter 8. Have you started yet? I'm not sure which group thing I'd be in, I think Erudite. But I know for sure I wouldn't be in Candor or Abnegation though!

message 4: by Lauren (last edited Sep 05, 2013 03:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren So I finished it and ordered the next book! Have you started it yet? Do you like it?
The test in the back said I'm a split between three, so I'd be Divergent, haha. I'm not Candor or Abnegation though. What one do you think you'd be in?
If you wanna just post whenever you like as you read it I'll just respond.
If you finish early enough do you want to start the second book?

Lauren I just finished Insurgent and oh. My. Gosh. THE ENDING. Such a HUGE cliffhanger! I need the next one to come out ASAP. Or now.

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Hi Lauren- This was so easy to find on my computer. the mobile site is really a challenge on my phone unles I'm alreasdy in the thread and then get notifications- which is what I'm doing now;) I will update soon!

Lauren Ok great! Glad you found it

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Hi Lauren. Finally into divergent and loving it!! I was a little worried that us compare it to the Hunger Games but I am not. Still wondering why 'Tris' chose the Dauntless faction. Maybe she does have a death wish!

Lauren I was a little scared of that too, but I sure was proven wrong! I was confused at first though, but I'm glad she didn't pick Abnegation, that woulda been boring :)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Yes exactly! Amazing that, as a 16 year old, she has the self awareness to acknowledge her llimitations- or just personality traits- to know where she will not fit in. What a horrible thing they have to choose! She's a great character.

Lauren She is great.
So do you know what faction you think you'd be in yet. I think I'd b Erudite, but less mean and I'd still have pets.

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments That's funny! Yes I would need pets too. Great question- The me of today would pick Erudite too. But the Me of 16 would probably have picked Dauntless!! I was attracted to that fearless, wild type back then- the antithesis of the person I am now!

Lauren I have a feeling I wouldn't survive the initiation for Dauntless... Haha

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Right! I'd have one of those empty beds;-)

Lauren Haha :) so how far are you in Divergent? Or are you done?

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Now about 70%. I thought I posted last night but I don't see it here. I did think Four was an Abnegation transfer but wow the plot is thickening!!

Lauren I know right, it is! Wait till the second one. It gets even more crazy!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Are you finished with it? I am about 75% done. I think I may be Divergent!!

Lauren Ya I finished both and I can't wait for the third one! I think it comes out next month

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Wow- finished!! Too tired to type but was NOT expecting that ending!!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Boy that was really intense at the ending and I'm not sure how I feel about it all! Shocking that both parents died but she is with her brother and able to turn Tobias back to Tobias- strangely, that part seemed a little too easy but whatever... Gripping action and very, very, sad. Of course the author did a great job of hooking us into the story so we quickly pick up Insurgent! Which i am going to do..
I liked Tris's strength and tenacity but feel a little strange about her feelings about her parents' deaths- I bet we'll see more of her processing in book 2. I also get a little hung up on how 'adult' their thinking is for 16 and 18 year olds. Not much, but I do find myself thinking that here and there during the story.
I enjoyed doing this BR with you and look forward to our next one! I am free of other reading obligations now and will look to see if I can hop in on an Oct BR group..

Lauren I have tons of books I need to read next month, so you could read one of those with me! :)
one thing I really like about Insurgent is that it takes off literally right after Divergent ends, instead of like a lot of other sequels where a huge time period has passed.

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Yes I read the first couple chapters at the end if divergent on the kindle and I like that too. I posted a few books in Oct BR thread. Are any of those good or do you have another you'd like to read and aren't yet??

Lauren Sorry, I cant buy any more new books right now, but if you want to read one of the books i posted (I own all those) I'd love to do a buddy read with you! (Or more than one)