The Challenge Factory discussion

Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey, #1)
This topic is about Lord John and the Private Matter
2013 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Jennifer C. & Vi - Lord John and the Private Matter

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Jennifer C. & Vi - Lord John and the Private Matter

message 2: by Jennifer C. (new) - added it

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments So I'm planning on reading these in the order on her site.

1. LORD JOHN AND THE HAND OF DEVILS/“Lord John and the Hellfire Club” (novella)

2. LORD JOHN AND THE PRIVATE MATTER (shorter novel)

3. LORD JOHN AND THE HAND OF DEVILS/“Lord John and the Succubus” (novella)

I just bought the whole Lord John bundle, so I have everything. The first and third on the list are parts of one book and then the second one is a separate book. Sound good? I probably won't start this until mid-month though.

message 3: by Vi (new) - added it

Vi | 404 comments Yep, that works. It should work fine for me too.

message 4: by Jennifer C. (new) - added it

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Sorry Vi! I didn't get around to this one yet. Have you started? I just asked Jenne to keep it open in October. I'll start it soon, I promise. :)

message 5: by Vi (new) - added it

Vi | 404 comments No, I was waiting for you to start Jennifer. No worries :)

message 6: by Jennifer C. (new) - added it

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments OK, Vi... I'm going to start Lord John and the Hellfire Club tonight. I'm going to alternate these with my other buddy reads for the month. This one is pretty short so I'll probably start and finish it tonight.

message 7: by Jennifer C. (last edited Sep 30, 2013 07:08PM) (new) - added it

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I just started. I'm trying to remember. John is talking to a man named Quarry. Is that the guy that he replaced at the prison?

He's still very much obsessed with Jamie.

message 8: by Jennifer C. (new) - added it

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I read the Lord John and the Hellfire Club. It was short, but I really liked it. It was a little Sherlock-esque. It just had that feel to it. (view spoiler)

I really liked this story.