The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > Anyone know this author's name?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dianna (new)

Dianna | 1 comments Been racking my brain trying to remember this author's name so that I could re-read some of her books or see if she has anything new out, I discovered her probably '99 or so. The picture on the book jacket showed her as having long red hair if that helps, lol. I can't remember the name of any of the books but all of them centered around a central woman character, usually in the field of law enforcement. In one book the main character was apolice officer and was killed at the end of the book (for some reason I am thinking the title had the word "Blue" in it). In another the main character is a parole/probation officer, and her and her daughter are raped by someone she had previously locked up..and she then tracks down and murders her rapist. I believe in a couple books the main character is a judge...you get the picture. The books were thrillers. Any ideas???

message 2: by N (new)

N | 304 comments Maybe Joy Fielding or Linda La Plante?

message 3: by Cphe (new)

Cphe | 3 comments perhaps Martina Cole.

message 4: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 186 comments Mary Higgins Clark maybe?

message 5: by ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (last edited Oct 04, 2013 11:43AM) (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) Linda Fairstein?

Nancy Taylor Rosenberg Nancy Taylor Rosenberg?

I think it's Nancy Taylor Rosenberg. Her first book is about a female attorney who, along with her daughter, is raped. Mitigating Circumstances

message 6: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Perrini | 22 comments Hello everyone,
I wanted to ask you a question: have any of you read the books by Sophie Hannah? His style of writing is smooth? his thrillers are unpredictable?
thanks for the answers

message 7: by Sanda (new)

Sanda (anais_nin) | 33 comments Mistery wrote: "Hello everyone,
I wanted to ask you a question: have any of you read the books by Sophie Hannah? His style of writing is smooth? his thrillers are unpredictable?
thanks for the answers"

I first came across Lasting Damage, read it, liked it and then realized that it's a book #6. Now I got all the books in the series and have gone back and read the #1 (Little Face) which I did not like as much as Lasting Damage but I think I will try to read the rest of the series because in general I like Sophie's unusual narrating style :)