Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > Sleepy Hollow

Comments Showing 1-50 of 680 (680 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments Had anyone seen the previews for this? It looks pretty good.

Here's the preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFP_5Z...

At ComiCon the cast & crew were playing coy with whether or not Abby & Crane's relationship turns romantic. I got the distinct vibe that it probably where it was headed. Either, this looks very good.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
It looks good. I love the original book, the Disney film, and the movie with Johnny Depp. I'm curious to see how a tv show turns out.

Paganalexandria  | 4060 comments I just started watching Once Upon A Time and am pretty surprised that I like it. I am more than open to explore the same genre with IR cast.

message 4: by The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (last edited Aug 29, 2013 04:54PM) (new)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments I actually hope there isn't a romance in this. I just don't trust the writers to do it justice. They failed miserably with Martha Jones from Doctor Who. She was an awesome, kick-butt character but adding the whole "unrequited love" thing just made me face-palm.

message 5: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I'm looking forward to watching this one.

message 6: by Robin (new)

Robin  (robin-alisha) | 209 comments This looks interesting; I look forward to seeing it personally.

message 7: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited Sep 09, 2013 05:24PM) (new)

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Girl, I have the fall premiere guide PRINTED, HIGHLIGHTED and on my fridge. Been programming my dvr week by week LOL.

You know we're all assuming theres going to be some romance involved eventually, even though they don't come out and say it LOL.

message 8: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 72 comments I'm so pumped for this show!!

message 9: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 72 comments I'm so pumped for this show!!

message 10: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Kai wrote: "I'm so pumped for this show!!"

I am too. I'm just curious to see how a whole series can be built around the legend of Sleepy Hollow though. Not to be a Negative Nancy, but can this series last more than one season?

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Kai wrote: "I'm so pumped for this show!!"

I am too. I'm just curious to see how a whole series can be built around the legend of Sleepy Hollow though. Not to be a Negative Nancy, but can this s..."

I wondered the same thing. I actually said (out loud to hubby) when I first saw the promo "I'm in, but I won't hold my breath long term."
I really want to be proven wrong!

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I'm still wondering who thought Under the Dome needed more season.

I wonder if they will have another supernatural threat crop up for the next season, and make it sort of a Kolchak kind of thing???

message 13: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited Sep 14, 2013 09:45PM) (new)

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Well, there is one reason Under the Dome needed another season.
Perfect Tate- Mike Vogel photo Under-The-Dome-Ratings.jpg
I honestly have no idea whats happening half the time. I'm too busy wiping the sweat from my teeth.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Well I do love Barbie, but I'd rather Mike Vogel got another gig on a show that doesn't drive me crazy from stupidiosis!

message 15: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "I am too. I'm just curious to see how a whole series can be built around the legend of Sleepy Hollow though. Not to be a Negative Nancy, but can this series last more than one season?
"

According to the showrunners, the show isn't about the actual legend of Sleepy Hollow. In this universe that doesn't exist. They stole the name of the town and of the main character but that is it. They are creating a whole new mythology. The headless Horsemen is actually one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. So they are going in a very different direction.

message 16: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Tina wrote: "✿Michelle✿ wrote: "I am too. I'm just curious to see how a whole series can be built around the legend of Sleepy Hollow though. Not to be a Negative Nancy, but can this series last more than one se..."

Now that sounds really good! Thanks Tina.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Well I do love Barbie, but I'd rather Mike Vogel got another gig on a show that doesn't drive me crazy from stupidiosis!"

I'd rather he get another gig as my ob/gyn. He seems capable.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Tina wrote: "✿Michelle✿ wrote: "I am too. I'm just curious to see how a whole series can be built around the legend of Sleepy Hollow though. Not to be a Negative Nancy, but can this series last more than one se..."

You remain, as always, my hero.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That does sound interesting, Tina. Thanks for the information.

@ Savannah:

:)

message 20: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited Sep 15, 2013 01:50PM) (new)

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Damn you!!!!!! Ooooooweee! That man makes my eyes feel good! See, now wouldn't it be nice to walk into a cold exam room and have THAT tell you to "slide your butt down to the end of the table"???

Hey, this went up on FB today for anybody that hasn't seen it. The new promo for Sleepy Hollow. I swear, I think I've soiled myself between that pic and this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQqj1...

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Yeah, I am very excited about this show! Maybe too excited. :)

message 22: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments According to Mike Ausiello on Tvline.com he watched the pilot and says the chemistry b/t Abby & Crane is electric. So there you go....

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Tina, have I told you lately that I love you?

message 24: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments I do feel the love. I do. LOL

message 25: by Troysmom09 (new)

Troysmom09 | 22 comments Tonight right!?! I'm going to be positive and hope they do this justice.

message 26: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Troysmom09 wrote: "Tonight right!?! I'm going to be positive and hope they do this justice."

I'm looking forward to it too.

message 27: by Liane (new)

Liane | 74 comments Ladies I am also excited to watch this show tonight! I can't wait. The show Hostage also looks good. Its not IR it starts next Monday.

message 28: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments Even if they don't end up having an IR relationship, I am just stoked to watch a show that stars a WOC in a major role. Actually Orlando Jones also has a starring role in the show so, two major POC roles.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments Tina wrote: "Even if they don't end up having an IR relationship, I am just stoked to watch a show that stars a WOC in a major role. Actually Orlando Jones also has a starring role in the show so, two major P..."

That's my reason for supporting it as well.

message 30: by Troysmom09 (new)

Troysmom09 | 22 comments Tina wrote: "Even if they don't end up having an IR relationship, I am just stoked to watch a show that stars a WOC in a major role. Actually Orlando Jones also has a starring role in the show so, two major P..."

I'm sorry Tina. I can not cosign on that. I want a IR relationship! :) that is my hope. I just can't help wanting to see a healthy IR prime time relationship with a PNR element. It would make my heart happy.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments @Troysmom: I'd like to see that as well, but the track record on healthy IR relationships is pretty dismal. I'm hoping they have a diverse writing staff that could help to flesh out such a relationship, but from the premise, the hero has a living wife from the past and I'd really hate to see the heroine as the sop until he can get back to the past kind of thing. I'm kind of hoping they'll go for an Avengers-type vibe--the classic BBC series is what I mean. If they do have a romantic relationship, I hope it's not all drama, just natural and a matter of course.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments I always want an IR relationship. This stems from being young and never seeing it depicted.

I remember getting SO friggin excited and blown away by the fact that Diane Caroll was actually cast as John Forsythe's sister on Dynasty back in the 80's. This was HUGE to me. If she was his sister, that meant that at some point, some mixing had gone down and in my mind that meant that there was nothing wrong with it. Now, my folks raised us that way. They are from the south and if ANYbody has genuine cause for racism, its blacks who grew up in the south before things changed. Still, they taught us to treat people like people. But I saw the world around me and I knew that that wasn't the way the WORLD was. So this show, seeing that-it gave a lil' adolescent girl some big time good feelings. I'm still that way today and I love this trend (thank you Scandal for lighting a friggin FIRE under American tv) and I can't say that I'm not rooting for romance with this.

message 33: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Savannah wrote: "I always want an IR relationship. This stems from being young and never seeing it depicted.

I remember getting SO friggin excited and blown away by the fact that Diane Caroll was actually cast as ..."

Oh my goodness! No you didn't mention Dynasty, LOL! I remember loving that show, and being depressed when it was over.

message 34: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Dracula is also starting in this fall. I think the show takes place place in London. That looks like it'll have a multicultural cast too. Here's a trailer from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/nbcDracula

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Dracula is also starting in this fall. I think the show takes place place in London. That looks like it'll have a multicultural cast too. Here's a trailer from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/us..."

Mmmhmm! Girl, and you KNOW I love some Jonathan Rhys Meyers!!! Mercy, all they had to do was flash his name last year and I had to set a default search in my dvr!

message 36: by L'Poni (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 82 comments Tina wrote: "Had anyone seen the previews for this? It looks pretty good.

Here's the preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFP_5Z...

At ComiCon the cast & crew were playing coy with whether or not A..."

I saw the preview on TV. I can't wait to watch this show.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Savannah wrote: "I always want an IR relationship. This stems from being young and never seeing it depicted.

I remember getting SO friggin excited and blown away by the fact that Diane Caroll was ..."

I went there girl. Jeff Colby. Mmm mm mm.

message 38: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Savannah wrote: "✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Savannah wrote: "I always want an IR relationship. This stems from being young and never seeing it depicted.

I remember getting SO friggin excited and blown away by the fact tha..."

LOL!

message 39: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Looks good to me, I'm definitely watching next week. And I was seriously considering getting rid of cable.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Color me hooked after just one ep. I'm in!

And witchy wife will need to be released into the light sooner or later. Her shift needs to be up sooner or later hehe. Though I get the point of having her around. Adds to the will they/won't they. His true love, stuck between worlds. But her ass don't belong here no mo' so, oh well.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I loved this show. Full of snark, sexy British manly goodness, and downright creepy. And Abby has some sense.

I am a Sleepyhead!

message 42: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Savannah wrote: "Color me hooked after just one ep. I'm in!

And witchy wife will need to be released into the light sooner or later. Her shift needs to be up sooner or later hehe. Though I get the point of having ..."

LMAO!!!

message 43: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "I loved this show. Full of snark, sexy British manly goodness, and downright creepy. And Abby has some sense.

I am a Sleepyhead!"

There was definitely some creepy moments!

message 44: by Connie (new)

Connie | 761 comments Savannah wrote: "Damn you!!!!!! Ooooooweee! That man makes my eyes feel good! See, now wouldn't it be nice to walk into a cold exam room and have THAT tell you to "slide your butt down to the end of the table"???

..."

Savannah, I can't tell you how much you make me laugh! You are too much girl! :)

message 45: by Connie (new)

Connie | 761 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "I loved this show. Full of snark, sexy British manly goodness, and downright creepy. And Abby has some sense.

I am a Sleepyhead!"

I concur Lady! This was good. I can't wait to see the next episode! I wonder how long this show can last though. Sleepy Hollow is a small town and I don't know how many people can keep being be-headed. :)

message 46: by Tina (last edited Sep 17, 2013 06:54AM) (new)

Tina | 8 comments Ok, I am in!! That was cracktastic. And I see why early reports say that Abbie & Crane work well together. Loved the snarkiness too!

Also, had to laugh that Clancy Brown (The Kurgan from the original Highlander movie) had his head cut off in the first few scenes. I love Clancy Brown and am bummed he's dead, but I couldn't help but proclaim 'There can be only one!' after he got his head chopped.

Twitter is already trying to come up with a ship name. I voted Crabbie!

ETA: Sympathy For the Devil. Perfect.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Connie, its cuz I'm twisted hehe.

Tina- lotta folks bummed over Clancy! and my asian husband John Cho!! Dammit! Oh, well....

And I'm lovin the fandom already. Sleepyheads and Crabbie shippin hehe

message 48: by Connie (new)

Connie | 761 comments Savannah wrote: "Connie, its cuz I'm twisted hehe.

LOL! That you are! :)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments Oh-kay. I went in not really expecting much and to say I was more than pleasantly surprised is the understatement of the DECADE! My inner fangirl bust out on a L7 square and I started thinking hmm, I need to put away my Claudia/Roy for a bit and start fan-ficcing Sleepy Hollow. Of course, me being Gemini, my not inner fangirl urged me towards caution since it's early days and it doesn't take much for someone to commit FAIL because white fangirls could get their undies in a twist over a black female love interest.

message 50: by Connie (new)

Connie | 761 comments TheFountainPenDiva wrote: "Oh-kay. I went in not really expecting much and to say I was more than pleasantly surprised is the understatement of the DECADE! My inner fangirl bust out on a L7 square and I started thinking hmm,..."

Well, I don't think the love interest will be anytime soon since his wife is still kind of alive. She's stuck in that in-between world, so maybe we can at least get a good season out of it? Or, hopefully it'll take off like Scandal and it won't matter because the storylines are so good.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14