2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Elisa: Hopefully 50 books challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia (juliastrimer) I'm new also, Elisa, and it's great to hear that you're reading The Shadow of the Wind! We read it last year in my library book club, and I was entranced by the idea of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books. I gave it to my daughter for Christmas, and she's now reading the other two books in the series--you might like them.

The Angel's Game is book 2 of the trilogy, and The Prisoner of Heaven is book 3. They're a trilogy entitled "Cemetery of Forgotten Books".

message 3: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 18 comments Thanks! I'll let you know what I think. A friend of mine suggested the book to me and we tend to have similar taste. I'm sure I'll enjoy it and most likely read the other two.

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments Welcome to the group Elisa! Your tastes on books vary but I'd recommend reading A Little Wanting Song. Great MC and story. It's a YA book though. I don't know if you read those.

message 5: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 18 comments I definitely read YA once in awhile so I will have to check it out. Thanks!

message 6: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 18 comments So I have decided to switch things up a bit. There is a list I have been wanting to complete for awhile...the 100 Best all time novels. This list was released by Time magazine and includes the best 100 English-written novels of the 20th century. For the rest of this year, and essentially until I complete the list, these are the books I will be reading. I've only read 15 books from this list. Hopefully I stick with it!

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments The listopia challenge helps track what you are saying with a bunch of other group members. Good luck!

message 8: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 18 comments So, I'm going to edit my personal challenge a bit, and I have selected the remaining books I plan on reading by the end of the year. If I finish all these books, that will bring me to a grand total of 39. I am currently reading my 14th book, 1984 and the remaining 25 I plan on reading are...
1.The Adventures of Augie March
2.All the King's Men
3.American Pastoral
4.An American Tragedy
5.The Corrections
6.The French Lieutenant's Woman
7.The Golden Notebook
8.A Handful of Dust
9.The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
10.Herzog
11.Infinite Jest
12.Light in August
13.Lolita
14.Lord of the Flies
15.The Fellowship of the Ring
16.Money
17.Naked Lunch
18.The Painted Bird
19.Rabbit, Run
20.Snow Crash
21.The Sound and the Fury
22.The Sun Also Rises
23.To the Lighthouse
24.Tropic of Cancer
25.White Noise

message 9: by Craig (new)

Craig | 826 comments Glad to hear you were reading The Shadow of the Wind - I loved that book, what did you think? Have you read any other Carlos Ruiz Zafón?

message 10: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 18 comments Craig wrote: "Glad to hear you were reading The Shadow of the Wind - I loved that book, what did you think? Have you read any other Carlos Ruiz Zafón?"

I thought it was incredible. I couldn't put it down. I haven't read any other Carlos Ruiz Zafron, but I plan on reading the next two books in the series. Have you read them or no?

message 11: by Craig (new)

Craig | 826 comments I haven't read those 2 yet but u have copies ready to read when I get round to it. I did read 2 o his YA books - The Midnight Palace and The Prince of Mist both of which were also good.

message 12: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 18 comments Nice. I'll have to check those out!