Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Sneak Peek: Allegiant

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Grace AWESOME!!!

message 3: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] ARGH WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO LONG UNTIL THIS BOOK COMES OUT???? :(

Eshana This is not a sleek peek!!!!it would be much longer!!!

message 5: by Mirkat (last edited Aug 29, 2013 05:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mirkat I'm not sure how long it has been up, but there is now a blurb on the Goodreads page for Allegiant :
One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.

Michelle Ahhh!! That quote may have just flipped the "what's up with Edith Prior" thread upside down.

amanda i am kind of mad!!!!! they say like yeah we are going to give you a sneak peak and give us one quote!!!!! thats mean!!!! i want more!!! i am going crazy!!!!! i want the book now!!!!!!!!! i dont know if i can wait that long!!! it is s frustrating!!!!!!

Italia8989 It is going to be fascinating to see Veronica Roth get into the back story of this dystopian "Chicago." I have a feeling everyone is in a giant gold-fish bowl, assuming everything has always been the way it has, and always will be.

message 9: by Ayesha (new) - added it

Ayesha I can't wait!

Courtney Davis What kind of sneak peek was that?sneak peeks are supposed to be longer!

Eshana That is exactly what I said!!!!!

Mirkat It's an itty-bitty peek to be sure, but I still think it's intriguing. Tris doesn't have a sense of how many generations their faction society has been enclosed in Chicago. So what does that tell us about Edith Prior? I'd say she has to go farther back than being a grandmother or even a great-grandmother. Maybe her looking familiar to Tris was just a matter of family resmemblance.

((Savanha)) Are we going beyond the fence??

Amber ((Savanha)) wrote: "Are we going beyond the fence??"

Veronica Roth assured us that we are definitely going to find out what's outside the fence.

Amber Mirkat wrote: "It's an itty-bitty peek to be sure, but I still think it's intriguing. Tris doesn't have a sense of how many generations their faction society has been enclosed in Chicago. So what does that tell..."

Maybe. But they have the same last name. Tris Prior. Edith Prior. I don't think that that was just a coincidence.

Mirkat Amber wrote: "But they have the same last name. Tris Prior. Edith Prior. I don't think that that was just a coincidence."

I agree! I'm just thinking the connection goes back more generations than most of us were guessing.

((Savanha)) Amber wrote: "((Savanha)) wrote: "Are we going beyond the fence??"

Veronica Roth assured us that we are definitely going to find out what's outside the fence."

Wooooohoooo!!! Im so ready!

notyourfriend I had my doubts.... Now that I saw this, they are gone and I can't wait to see it!

message 19: by Memi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Memi Eshana wrote: "That is exactly what I said!!!!!"

Yes this was my I thought exactly because 2 generations doesn't give enough time for people to become divergent an in great number as far as we know there are only a few in Candor, Dauntless, Erudite you'd be killed when know of Marcia in Abnigation no mention of how many Amnity has and the Factionless have the highest population but the readers were not given specific numbers.

message 20: by Memi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Memi Amber wrote: "((Savanha)) wrote: "Are we going beyond the fence??"

Veronica Roth assured us that we are definitely going to find out what's outside the fence."

Yep but who do you think will go?

message 21: by Memi (last edited Sep 04, 2013 11:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Memi Raevyn wrote: "ARGH WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO LONG UNTIL THIS BOOK COMES OUT???? :("

Because she got so many things wrongful in insurgent to get it out. She admitted it on her blog. I think she wanted to get Allegiant right and took her time and didn't want to make the same mistake

message 22: by Zena (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zena super excited

Jennifer O'gorman Memi wrote: "Raevyn wrote: "ARGH WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO LONG UNTIL THIS BOOK COMES OUT???? :("

Because she got so many things wrongful in insurgent to get it out. She admitted it on her blog. I think she wa..."

Do you have a link to that Blog post? I would love to read it...