The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

You suddenly wake up as last human alive, what do you do ?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amina Hi everyone,

You suddenly wake up as last human alive, what do you do ?

leave your creative and interesting answers below.

Celestina I really hope that doesn't happen. But if it did I would try to find out what had killed all the rest of the humans then try to see if it can be reversed.

Miriam If I woke up as the last human alive, I'd think to myself that I was probably the one who caused the apocalypse because I'm just that clumsy.

Lauren Help myself to anything I wanted at McDonald's.

Amina Lauren wrote: "Help myself to anything I wanted at McDonald's."

hehe, that was on my mind too

Georgia Go into denial that I was the only one left

Amina Mathew wrote: "Go to a military base and have a go at flying a jet."

sounds cool

message 8: by Raevyn (last edited Aug 30, 2013 04:13AM) (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] Immediately think of the Gone series, then, after finishing with the literary references...

freak out!

Addee Look for a mate. And raid the local mtn bike shop.

Kristina Uhm, sorry, but what exactly does this topic have to do with THG?

Nerina Miriam wrote: "If I woke up as the last human alive, I'd think to myself that I was probably the one who caused the apocalypse because I'm just that clumsy."

Now that's funny!!!

amanda packed a bag with books and clothes and some food and start to walk. i don't know why but it just seems right.... AND maybe i am not the last one, but only thinks i am and i find someone else and then we find some more people , and every thing works out. or maybe i am the last one and just walks around believing i am not, and in the end i die.....well...yeah i would walk..AND get books!!!!!!!!

message 13: by Jeni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jeni As the last human alive, I'd be pretty frightened of disease, broken bones, etc., so I'd be stocking up on DIY books, gardening supplies, foodstuffs, medicines, and anything else that would help me as long as possible.

I would then find somewhere in the woods with a lively stream and a pre-built cabin and just rough it. Find a couple of horses, some livestock; the works.

At some point, I'd likely start traveling in the warm weather, looking for others like me. Always on the lookout for a place to hold up for the winter.

I don't know how to sail, so traveling to other countries not contiguous to the US is out of the question, but there's a lot of land between northern Canada and the tip of South America.

Interesting question to contemplate.

Sadie Forsythe Probably just go back to sleep and hope everything was back to normal when I woke up.

Reyhaneh read all the books of the world and eat food. fictional characters can be my friend because there is nobody else... maybe even try to create a machine that brings fictional characters to life... definatly choosing some YA boys to take out the book. if i can't do that I'd probably go crazy because i'll start hullusinating and thinking the book characters are real because I don't think anyone can stay sane living alone

Exlibris_keagan I'd go make me a chocolate milkshake and watch FRIENDS

Exlibris_keagan I would also like take all the clothes that fit me at every department store. I'd go on a frenzy doing everything I want

Amina Exlibris_keagan wrote: "I'd go make me a chocolate milkshake and watch FRIENDS"

yup, friends is a classic comedy. I can watch that over and over again and never get bored

Exlibris_keagan Thats why I would raid all the stores. TO get all the seasons of friends.

Amina Sadie wrote: "Probably just go back to sleep and hope everything was back to normal when I woke up."

Jeni wrote: "As the last human alive, I'd be pretty frightened of disease, broken bones, etc., so I'd be stocking up on DIY books, gardening supplies, foodstuffs, medicines, and anything else that would help me..."

looks like the hunger games has thought you the survival skills.

Exlibris_keagan Wait everything would be gone right? Yes!!! I CAN RAID DESSERT HOUSE AND TAKE ALL THE CAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVIL LAUGH! EVIL LAUGH! EVIL LAUGH!

Sadie Forsythe Exlibris_keagan wrote: "Wait everything would be gone right? Yes!!! I CAN RAID DESSERT HOUSE AND TAKE ALL THE CAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVIL LAUGH! EVIL LAUGH! EVIL LAUGH!"

And it wouldn't even matter if you got fat. Who'd know or judge you? You could just change the standard to beauty to you.

Victoria Raevyn wrote: "Immediately think of the Gone series, then, after finishing with the literary references...

freak out!"

Yup me too :D

Dragon in Disguise go to the bookstore and basically read every book until i die and i will not even think why i am last human alive

message 25: by Atlantic Gem (last edited Sep 03, 2013 05:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Atlantic Gem Probably hum the Misson Impossible theme to myself and sneak around looking for whatever caused the Apocolypse. Once the threat is over, I will go build a book fort out of the pretty darn useless Teen Paranormal Romance books in the library, get the Dangerous Book For Boys, The Daring Book For Girls, and The Double-Daring Book For Girls, and sit in my book fort and read all the info relevant to my survival. Then, I will look for more books with info relevant to my survival. Next, I will gather supplies (canned food, arisol cans, lighters, compass, various things that can be used as weapons, Teen Paranormal Romance books to burn,etc.), and head west. When I (eventually) get to what used to be known as California, I will steal a boat, and make my way down to Carins, Australia. At that point, I will crown myself Queen of the World. Then I will live there, raiding shops for really cute outfits (just cause humanity died out, doesn't mean style did), hunting kangaroos, and making friends with the koalas. This plan would probably take about five years.

I may have thought this out a bit too much.

Of course, that plan would work much better if I was living in Japan at the time. *facedesk* Closer to Carins, easier to get supplies, and there's a TON of really cruddy Teen Paranormal Romance books between the highschool and the library.

Monsieur Paradox 智 Well, electricity would be out of the equation and food would as well by the time it takes to spoil without refrigeration or attendance (and considering my location, lack of air conditioning would be a nightmare), no means of transportation outside walking distance, no friends or family members to entertain or reassure me, and no chance at achieving any of my goals for the future.

I suppose I would ration whatever is in the fridge or pantry, then spend my last days enjoying art, reading, and flute. When my supplies run empty and the hunger pangs become unbearable, I'll end it myself so that I do not have the face the misery and pain of pining away in starvation. I'd hope that there was a permanent and blissful afterlife, because whichever deity or otherworldly force caused the disappearance of my loved ones and the shattering of all of my dreams would majorly owe me for all of this.

message 27: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn Harris (Reader of Things) Revel in my success, seeing as I'm the one who probably killed everyone.

I would then proceed to Disneyland, and when I was done there, I would tame wildabeasts and survive on mangos and Lucky Charms.

Chelsea Strip off all my clothes and enjoy the rest of my days in a blissfully naked state. Also, eat ALL the cake!!

Chelsea Also, start foraging for a really spectacular nose plug, because all those dead bodies are going to smart smelling something fierce. And maybe grab some bear spray; they'll probably start attracting wildlife pretty soon.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

everything ive always wanted to do. rob a bookstore. d.o anything. run around my school. celebrate and after the awesomeness is over, cry

Sunsette I asked my fiance' this question & his answer was "jump for joy". :D

Ansley Dragon wrote: "go to the bookstore and basically read every book until i die and i will not even think why i am last human alive"

same with me, only I'll just read manga

message 33: by Sunsette (last edited Sep 11, 2013 04:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sunsette I'd miss everyone I love, so initially I'd be depressed. I'm very adaptable, though, so I'd learn to live with being alone. I'd probably go underground for awhile, at least until I figured out what happened to everyone. If I found it to be safe, the next thing I would do is go on a five finger discount shopping spree and stock up. Then, I would probably want to explore all these places that we are kept out of (i.e. Area 51). I'd need to find a way to get around so I could travel. Maybe I could figure out how to build a solar-powered car with all the extra time on my hands, or better yet- a solar plane! I'd have to establish a home base so I can be self-sufficient. The home base would need to be some place with a lot of open land and a good water source. :p

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I wouldn't live. It would be easier if we had at least one other person.

Kaelyn Search for someboby before I go crazy...that or get a bike and travel the world!!

Wanderer I'd probably eat first.Why?Because i'm hungry.Duh

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd go to the nearest supermarket to Waterstones the bookshop and just camp there until I either run out of food or run out of books and then move to the next Supermarket and bookshop and continue like that. Alternatively I'd pack a lot of books I haven't read pack loads of food and be off. That question reminded me of the Gone series but I think ,because I'm not just in a bubble, I'd have more food so I'd survive longer.

Alyssa I would finally walk around on the street in my pj's or even but naked. Do travel the work, read a lot, watch all the movies. Try not to feel lonely basically.