The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > September 'Broaden Your Horizons' Monthly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer H (last edited Sep 29, 2013 11:36AM) (new)

Jennifer H
'Broaden Your Horizons' Monthly-Mini Challenge
Duration: September 1st-30th 2013

This challenge is an ongoing monthly mini-challenge to help us step out of a rut we might be in. Let's not just be well-read, let's be well-rounded as well. :)

Your Horizons

To the East: Read a book that is outside of your favorite genre or sub-genre. (i.e., if you usually read fantasy then read a thriller, if you usually read non-fiction then read fiction, if you usually read romance then read a mystery, etc.)

To the West: Read an author that is new to you. (This can be any genre, either what you normally read or something completely new to you.)

message 2: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments I'm trying to expand my horizons this year so I'm in again.

message 3: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Hopefully you will have better luck this month since the Manga book didn't work out well!

message 4: by Barbara ★ (last edited Sep 30, 2013 04:07PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments

READ: 4/4

East: Non Fiction which I hate!
1-When Is A Pig A Hog?: A Guide To Confoundingly Related English Words - Bernice Randall 9/6
2-The Woman Who Swallowed a Toothbrush: And Other Weird Medical Case Histories - Rob Myers 9/4

West:
1-The Sisters Brothers - Patrick deWitt (new author) 9/30
2-Forced to Kill - Andrew Peterson (new author) 9/4

When Is A Pig A Hog? A Guide To Confoundingly Related English Words by Bernice Randall The Woman Who Swallowed a Toothbrush And Other Weird Medical Case Histories by Rob Myers The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt Forced to Kill (Nathan McBride, #2) by Andrew Peterson

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 5: by Suzanne (last edited Sep 09, 2013 11:26AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1513 comments The Lost Challenges
September 'Broaden Your Horizons' Monthly Challenge
Duration:
9/1/2013 - 9/30/2013

Progress: 2 out of 2

To the East: Read a book that is outside of your favorite genre or sub-genre. (i.e., if you usually read fantasy then read a thriller, if you usually read non-fiction then read fiction, if you usually read romance then read a mystery, etc.): Non-Fiction:
Unsinkable: A Memoir by Debbie Reynolds - ***** - 9/9/2013

To the West: Read an author that is new to you. (This can be any genre, either what you normally read or something completely new to you.):
On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves - ***** - 9/2/2013

On the Island (On the Island #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves Unsinkable A Memoir by Debbie Reynolds

message 6: by Turtlefrog (last edited Sep 28, 2013 11:01PM) (new)

Turtlefrog 'Broaden Your Horizons' Monthly-Mini Challenge
Duration: September 1st-30th 2013

Your Horizons COMPLETED

To the East: Read a book that is outside of your favorite genre or sub-genre. (i.e., if you usually read fantasy then read a thriller, if you usually read non-fiction then read fiction, if you usually read romance then read a mystery, etc.) Ageless Sea - Fantasy

To the West: Read an author that is new to you. (This can be any genre, either what you normally read or something completely new to you.) Hayley Nelson ~ All I Wanted Was You

Ageless Sea (Ageless Series #1) by M.R. Polish 9/4
All I Wanted Was You by Hayley Nelson 9/7

message 7: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H WTG Turtlefrog!!