Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick, #8) Rock Chick Revolution discussion

So Confused...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lynette Was anyone else confused with the way Kristen Ashley had Ally talking and acting like she was the star on a cheesy 70’s cop show? I mean she’s only 32 but the way she talked and acted aged her much older than that!

I get that she’s a "Rock Chick", but there are parts in the book that had me scratching my head. One where she says her and Indy went to a White Snake concert in her teens. Really? Her teens would have been in the mid 90’s and I’m a child of that era too and I BARELY remember White Snake, let alone was old enough to go to their concert when I was a kid.

All the “Yo’s” and “Righteous’s” were really dated and her choice of music was weird too. I mean Tush by ZZ Top to strip to? WHAT??? Wouldn’t Pearl Jam or Green Day or even Metallica be more appropriate for someone her age? Also, she kept saying “Doobie” all the time and that was when I threw in the towel. Doobie? REALLY?

Just had to vent…all the KA lovers out there, please don’t kill me :)

Jenny I am a KA lover but I chalk this up to KA's age herself.

I agree with ALL you said. I am 35. I do not recall White Snake at all. I did love Poison (giggles) and that was MY first concert!! LMAO.

The stripping - the song, the fact that she could do an UPSIDE HOLD (which I have seen, not an easy task) and the tag team at the end. All of it was a bit much, but off the bat - the song was dumb, in my eyes too. I don't even know that song . . .

As for the language, I also do not get it - there was another thread and someone FROM Colorado popped in and said it was NOT common talk . . . which is what I had chalked it up to.

Her constant "righteous" was annoying, but I just skimmed past it b/c the storyline was good.

Hayley Faiman I think the reason she doesn't use green day or what was popular when we were teenagers is because that's considered alternative rock... not 'Rock' which are big 70s/80s rock bands not grunge or alternative.. that's just my guess and each KA Heroine has a certain word or phrase that they say.. Ally's is just Righteous.. Sadie's is Blooming heck... etc.

Surwat I was a teenager in the 80's,White Snake and ZZ Top were massive, But your right this would place Ally's age in her 40's instead of her early 30's.
Don't get me wrong i enjoyed this book but all the constant rock chic reiteration got old real quick and also made it feel like all the girls are stuck in the 80's, Shirleen ws right only "white girls".

message 5: by Kristin (last edited Jan 29, 2015 01:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristin I liked bands that were before my time too. If they still toured I'd go. I think you're overthinking it. I once went to a Loverboy/Blue Oyster Cult concert that happened decades after they were first out. Although I was less enthusiastic than the Rock Chicks...lol

message 6: by Allison (last edited Feb 03, 2015 08:00AM) (new) - added it

Allison Lynette wrote: "Was anyone else confused with the way Kristen Ashley had Ally talking and acting like she was the star on a cheesy 70’s cop show? I mean she’s only 32 but the way she talked and acted aged her muc..."

Ok so I'm a few yrs late to this post but I'm a fan of ZZ Top and Blue Oyster Cult and Creedence and I was born mid 80's so I think the music choice to strip is not irrelevant but I get your point.

As for the concerts and her age I totally get that!! - Her dad being a cop - I can totally see her going to that concert NOT.