Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1) Houseboat on the Nile discussion

Buddy read *****may contains Spoilers******

Comments Showing 1-50 of 276 (276 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Bookwatcher (last edited Oct 19, 2013 12:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bookwatcher Buddy reading with Trisha! Yay!

EDit to add:
Buddy read of all books from Spy vs Spook series
Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1) by Tinnean Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2) by Tinnean Forever (Spy vs. Spook, #3) by Tinnean
0.5 The Start of a Beautiful Friendship (Spy Vs. Spook #0.5) by Tinnean
Spinoff Where the Heart Chooses by Tinnean (Quinn's mother)

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Buddy reading with Trisha! Yay! "

Haha, cool! :D

Will you finish it today? I will, I just want to know if I should stop? :D

Bookwatcher Oh I don't think so
Lol
I must stop to eat and go to sleep or tomorrow I don't get up soooo I will probably read up to half and end it tomorrow
:)

Read the first page xD

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Oh I don't think so
Lol
I must stop to eat and go to sleep or tomorrow I don't get up soooo I will probably read up to half and end it tomorrow

Read the first page xD"

Great! So, I will read half today, and the other half tomorrow. Does that sound fair? :D

How are you enjoying it after the first couple of pages? :)

Bookwatcher Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Oh I don't think so
Lol

Read the first page xD"

Gre..."

Perfect :)
Enjoying it XD
So far so good lol

Which protagonist is your fav and why?

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Oh I don't think so
Lol

Read the firs..."

I don't have a strong favourite, but I have adored Mark since book one. He makes me laugh and he's just so... so... lovable to me. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

Bookwatcher Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Oh I don't think so
Lol
I must stop to eat and go to sleep or tomorrow I don't get up soooo I will probably read up to half and end it tomor..."

I'm reading and trying to understand what is present and what is memories
Lol
Some flashbacks can confuses me
We will see if I will have a fav, and if so who will be :)))

(had a quick pause to cook and eat, now 100% dedicate to reading)
:)))

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Oh I don't think so
Lol
I must stop to eat and go to sleep or tomorrow I don't get up soooo I will probably read up to half a..."

Great! I'm 26% in so far... :D

Are you liking it so far? :)) I'm wondering if you will have one, everyone is different. :)

Bookwatcher WOOOAH!
I'm stil at 10%
XD

What I'm liking most is the subtle humor. It's well done.

"I have nothing made up in my apartment, although I can tack my ears back. It's amazing what a difference that can make". They were prominent, but no one called me Dumbo. Not more than once. 

Like this XD
Funny and unexpected. The "Not more than once" was perfect lol

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "WOOOAH!
I'm stil at 10%
XD

"I have nothing made up in my apartment, although I can tack my ears back. It's amazing what a difference tha..."

Yes!!! Mark is really funny. Lol. :D
That's good. I am trying to slow down, but at my natural reading speed, it's getting harder. :)

Bookwatcher Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "WOOOAH!
I'm stil at 10%
XD

"I have nothing made up in my apartment, although I can tack my ears back. It's amazing ..."

Don't worry. Go on and don't slow down for me :)
Mark in the new year's party was funny
XD

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "WOOOAH!
I'm stil at 10%
XD

"I have nothing made up in my apartment, although I can tack my ears back..."

Yes he was. :D
I'll be stopping fairly soon and I will start again in the morning. That okay with you? :D

Do you like Mark? :D

Bookwatcher Yes VERY MUCH!
You know what I think is weird? The fact their meeting happened before the book start. They already saw each other. It's weird, seems like I'm missing something somewhere
Lol
But it doesn't exist, it's before the story :)

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "WOOOAH!
I'm stil at 10%
XD

"I have nothing made up in my apartment, although I can tack my ears back..."

I'm stopping at 45% because it makes it easier for me to pick up tomorrow. :) Getting tired now anyway. :)

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Yes VERY MUCH!
You know what I think is weird? The fact their meeting happened before the book start. They already saw each other. It's weird, seems like I'm missing something somewhere
Lol
But ..."

Haha, that can feel strange, I guess. :D So glad you're enjoying it! :D

Bookwatcher Rest well
I like A LOT that Mann took him out on his Bday
On a date!
Awwwwwwww. So cute :)

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Rest well
I like A LOT that Mann took him out on his Bday
On a date!
Awwwwwwww. So cute :)"

Haha, that scene was great! It made me laugh.

Thanks, I will. :) Enjoy reading this.

Who's your favourite so far?

Bookwatcher Read both POV and I prefer Mark so far

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Read both POV and I prefer Mark so far
:)"

Haha. Mark just has that hidden humour, doesn't he? :D

Bookwatcher Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Read both POV and I prefer Mark so far

Haha. Mark just has that hidden humour, doesn't he? :D"

Exactly XD
Mann is more... Serious. Lol
Mark is arrogant and hilarious. XD. I liked him a lot so far :-)

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Read both POV and I prefer Mark so far

Haha. Mark just has that hidden humour, doesn't he? :D"

Exactly XD
Mann is more... Serious. Lol
Mark is arrogant and..."

Mark has a sad past, though. :(

Bookwatcher Ohhhhhhh really?
Ohhhh
I didn't get to this part yet, about his sad past... I hope it's not a big tragedy :(((
I had already too much sadness reading A Strong and Sudden Thaw is month :((((

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Ohhhhhhh really?
Ohhhh
I didn't get to this part yet, about his sad past... I hope it's not a big tragedy :(((
I had already too much sadness reading A Strong and Sudden Thaw is month :(((("

It's kind of small bits and pieces revealed. Nothing really major is revealed straight away.
Plus it's not all in the first book anyway, so you won't have an overload of it. It's just small glimpses of his past. I think it won't get you down because it wasn't anything major! :)

Bookwatcher Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Ohhhhhhh really?
Ohhhh
I had already too much sadness reading A Strong and Sudden Thaw..."

I got about the French boy that broke up with him
And his dad death

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Ohhhhhhh really?
Ohhhh
I had already too much sadness reading A Strong ..."

Yeah, Quinn and Mark have their issues. :)

Bookwatcher No wait I'm confusing. That's Mann
Lol
From Mark I understood: his mother was alcoholic (used to date a lot, o PLEASE don't tell me something happened in his childhood! I don't wanna to read about an abuse :((((. No wait. Don't tell me anyway. I want to find out)

XD

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "No wait I'm confusing. That's Mann
Lol
From Mark I understood: his mother was alcoholic (used to date a lot, o PLEASE don't tell me something happened in his childhood! I don't wanna to read about ..."

Haha. You don't want to know, so I won't tell you. :)

Bookwatcher XD
No I don't :)
But if it's about his childhood I will cry
:(((

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "XD
No I don't :)
But if it's about his childhood I will cry
:((("

It's about his childhood. :)

Bookwatcher OH NO!
Damn... I KNEW IT! When I read one of his "uncle" (stepfather/boyfriend of his mother) put him in a military school I assumed the worst
:(
Damn... Noooooooooo.... Abuse! Nooooo
:((((((((((

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "OH NO!
Damn... I KNEW IT! When I read one of his "uncle" (stepfather/boyfriend of his mother) put him in a military school I assumed the worst
:(
Damn... Noooooooooo.... Abuse! Nooooo
:(((((((((("

I'm saying nothing! :D

Bookwatcher Sad panda

I'm a sad panda now

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Sad panda

I'm a sad panda now"

Don't be a sad panda! :((

Bookwatcher Ok. I'm a happy panda now
Lol

I read 17% up to now
Yeah
Must read quicker. Lol. But I can't. Sometimes I read fast, others I must read with care and slow. Like this book. I have no idea if it's the writing or the back and for between present and past and between narrators.
If you have to go shopping go. Or sleep. Don't worry. We can chat more tomorrow. I will keep reading because I'm not tired. If I get at 46% I will stop so we can go togueter tomorrow :)

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Ok. I'm a happy panda now
Lol

I read 17% up to now
Yeah
Must read quicker. Lol. But I can't. Sometimes I read fast, others I must read with care and slow. Like this book. I have no idea if it's ..."

Okay, great! :D
I hope you still like it! :)

Bookwatcher Oh I'm loving it. Even if Mark is a sicko he is adorable
Lol
And Mann meeting Pierre! Hilarious. Lol. He is obsessed too! XD all the way to France, just to know Pierre :-D

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Oh I'm loving it. Even if Mark is a sicko he is adorable
Lol
And Mann meeting Pierre! Hilarious. Lol. He is obsessed too! XD all the way to France, just to know Pierre :-D"

I know!!! What time do you want to pick this back up at? :D
They are so cute! :)

Bookwatcher So, I just read 50% and stopped. Let's say I should have a 30min lunch break, but had to read more and had 1h
:D

Tonight I have some stuff I must do, so probably I can't go on before 8:30pm here (7:30pm for you). It's ok? If you have problems we can go on saturday. I must stay home (cleaning and laundry :((( but HEY, I could read instead :D That would be good)

Up to now I'm enjoying it.
Just the two point of view is confusing (and that's why I'm reading it so slow). The story go on and back, like something told by both POV, and it confuses me :( BUT it's also GREAT because we can see the scene from BOTH main character eyes. And it's incredible how it's different... it gives a complete view of all facts. And it's good for the reader.
The first person narrator is also confusing :(

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "So, I just read 50% and stopped. Let's say I should have a 30min lunch break, but had to read more and had 1h
:D

Tonight I have some stuff I must do, so probably I can't go on before 8:30pm here (..."

I'm sorry you're getting confused... :(
Tomorrow would be better for me. It would be a bit late for me to read now. I'll read to 50% today, so I will have caught up with you. :)

Bookwatcher Ok them :)
Saturday we go on :)

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Ok them :)
Saturday we go on :)"

Great! :D Glad you're enjoying the book! :D

Bookwatcher Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Ok them :)

Great! :D Glad you're enjoying the book! :D"

Yeah a lot. You saw my last update. That's what I'm thinking. Mark build a wall between him and the world, and his arrogant/asshole behave is a defense mechanism
XD
My theory
Lol
Must read more to know :)

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Ok them :)

Yeah a lot. You saw my last update. That's what I'm thinking. Mark build a wall b..."

You can read some tonight and I can catch up. :) Mark is just so lovable, and he reminds me of Shrek, he has layers. :)

Bookwatcher Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Ok them :)

Yeah a lot. You saw my last update. That's what I'm thinking..."

Ok I will read more now but soon going to bed. So probably I will not read much. Maybe will read up to 60%, ok?

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Bookwatcher wrote: "Ok them :)

Yeah a lot. You saw my last update. That's wh..."

Kay, that's fine. :)

Bookwatcher So where are you?
I'm in 70% now
I'm still enjoying it a lot :). The multiple POV is not a problem for me, the fact the same identical scene is told twice is what is weird. Even dialogs, twice. But it's different, not something I'm not enjoying.
Poor Pretty Boy :(((. I'm reading Mark in the hospital. Pretty Boy is not ok
:(((

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "So where are you?
I'm in 70% now
I'm still enjoying it a lot :). The multiple POV is not a problem for me, the fact the same identical scene is told twice is what is weird. Even dialogs, twice. But..."

I'm at 60%. Was just waiting for you. Sorry you're not loving the POV changes. :)
I'll be caught up soon enough. :)
Yeah, poor Pretty Boy. :(

Bookwatcher Oh!!! Sorry I didn't told you I woke up and went on, but we are close now. Im still at 75% . I read so slow lol
You read so fast you end if and I will be waaaaaay behind
Lol
That asshole is dead
I'm soooooo glad. After what he did to Pretty Boy!
I'm happy *evil smile*
XD

Trisha Harrington Bookwatcher wrote: "Oh!!! Sorry I didn't told you I woke up and went on, but we are close now. Im still at 75% . I read so slow lol
You read so fast you end if and I will be waaaaaay behind
Lol
That asshole is dead
..."

Ha! I know, lol. It's great news. Let me know when you get to 80%! :D

Bookwatcher Just get 80!
Ohhhhhhh I'm addicted to this book
Can't stop
I just cook lunch reading. Not an easy task but I can multitask
Lol

« previous 1 3 4 5 6