Conspiracy! 49 Reasons to Doubt, 50 Reasons to Believe - Q&A with Ian Shircore discussion

Your book sounds like min

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lance (new)

Lance Moore | 1 comments Hi Ian, I didn't see you book until AFTER I published mine, so no copycat thing going on here, just "great brains think alike." My "50" comes from the 50th Anniversary of the JFK assassination this year... but my format is somewhat like your 50 Q&A format. I give 50 lies and 50 truths. When I get time I look forward to reading yours. You can sample mine for free here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EPWEL5O/r...

Killing JFK: 50 Years, 50 Lies
--From the Warren Commission to Bill O’Reilly,
A History of Deceit in the Kennedy Assassination

November 22nd, 2013 marks the 50th Anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy... and at last we have the unbiased facts, concisely-presented by a skilled, acclaimed author who is also a credible voice: an ordained Methodist minister. Dr. Moore presents over 200 source-notes supporting a compelling case that the death of President Kennedy involved more than a “lone nut” assassin. He marshals old and new evidence to prove that there was indeed a second sniper, positioned in front of the Presidential limousine, who fired the fatal head shot. Moore points up scores of glaring contradictions in the government’s own Warren Commission Report as he explains the greatest crime mystery of the last fifty years with riveting, engaging prose.

message 2: by Richard (new)

Richard Sharp (RichardSharp) My latest novel, "Crystal Ships," should be released Friday to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination. It takes no position on any conspiracy theory, but the views of one of my characters may reflect those of many conspiracy theory doubters:

Things happen for a reason. Gil once believed in that old saw and, in a way, he still did. After he expressed that sentiment with the hope that maybe something good would come with the new administration. Shane’s reply was, “Yes things happen for a reason, just not any good reason. Bad things happen for stupid reasons, some lone dumb ass like Oswald. But, no, we can’t be satisfied that some stuff happens by chance. We have to find a conspiracy to prove a rational plan of some rational humans or accept it as God’s will. God’s will—that’s just a conspiracy theory by religious nuts. Yeah, bad things happen for a reason, and the reasons are that accidents happen, shit happens, morons get lucky. I can’t believe you said that, Gil.”

Conspiracy! 49 Reasons to Doubt, 50 Reasons to...

unread topics | mark unread