YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials) by Phillip Pullman - Restarting June 13th 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 261 (261 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments I would really like to start the his dark materials trilogy next week so I was looking for someone to read them with me?

message 2: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
People usually post here; http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...
To find buddies. :)
Good luck finding someone!

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Thank you still not sure how to use the group yet hehe x

message 4: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Hey moderators or people that know/can change the discussion title! Maddison and I plan on start reading this series on November 1st, if you want to change the name! Thanks, sorry to be a bother! :)

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46574 comments Mod
And we're reading a chapter per day.

message 6: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @ Maddison If that's okay with you! They are longer chapters, so I think that'll be good! :) Unless you want more!

message 7: by Maddie (new)

No 1's fine. :D

message 8: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Good! :P

message 9: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I'm excited!

message 10: by Maddie (new)

Haha really? I tried reading this book before and found it quite boring. XD But I own the trilogy so figured I should read it.

message 11: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Yeah, well I read the first one and found interesting. No amazing, but okay. And same, never got around to reading the rest! I hope it isn't boring! :)

message 12: by Maddie (new)

Yeah. I'm assuming you're starting again from the first book?

message 13: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Yes, yes, definitely! I couldn't remember it that well! :)

message 14: by Maddie (new)

Haha awesome. :)

message 15: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments :)!

message 16: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Hi I never got anyone to read the trilogy with me so do you mind if I read it with you guys?

message 17: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Of course not! We begin on the 1st of Nov and are reading a chapter a day! Pls join us! But just so you know we have both read the first book in the series, we are rereading them so we can read the rest of the series. :)

message 18: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments I have read the first and not the other too as well so that's fine and ill reread the first as well :) thank you x

message 19: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Perfect them! :) And your welcome! I am excited to begin! :)

message 20: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Me too I can't wait to find out how the other books are x

message 21: by Maddie (new)

Me too. My friends say they're good.

message 22: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I am excited too!

thesubjectivenarrative | 55 comments I'm in too. :)

message 24: by Maddie (new)

Awesome.

message 25: by Ellen (new)

Ellen H | 3 comments I love this book! Could anyone join my book club called The Teen Book Club? I would really appreciate it if you can! We read girl's teen fiction and a wide range of books, there are discussion boards and loads of videos for you to see! If you want to join there is a link on my personal profile and I will leave one below. Thanks!
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 26: by Maddie (new)

Alright! I'll join!

message 27: by Ellen (new)

Ellen H | 3 comments Maddison wrote: "Alright! I'll join!"

Thanks

message 28: by Maddie (new)

All joined. When did you make the group?

Hey, I have to go sleep now. Night. :)

message 29: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Iulia wrote: "I'm in too. :)"

Awesome!

message 30: by Maddie (new)

Starting not tomorrow but the next day.

message 31: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Yes. I am actually really eager to begin this series. I mean, I have already read the 1st book, so now I am intrigued to reread it and then find out how the rest turned out!

message 32: by Maddie (new)

I'm actually not that keen but I need to read it some time. XD

message 33: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Aha. I actually own them so I really, really need to read them! :P

message 34: by Maddie (new)

Yeah I own them too.

message 35: by Maddie (new)

Starting this tomorrow. :D

message 36: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Awesome! Yes, we are! :P

thesubjectivenarrative | 55 comments Don't forget meee.:))

message 38: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments We haven't forgotten you, Iulia! :)

Starting today, excited!

message 39: by Maddie (new)

I'm not actually. The chapters are so long and the font so small

message 40: by Maddie (new)

Still not started. I'll read Clockwork Angel's chapter before this one.

message 41: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Wow, I love the first chapter! We're off to a great start! I am hoping to like it more this time round.

message 42: by Maddie (new)

Yeah. :D

And I'm up to date with all my books. :D Tomorrow might be a different story though. XD

message 43: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Good job! I'm not! I am planning on catching up my chapters and also my reviews this weekend.

message 44: by Maddie (new)

Ah that's good. Well I have 3.5 hours of work, so it's harder for me to study and read. XD But I guess I still can.

thesubjectivenarrative | 55 comments I'm busy too. So don't get upset if I won't answer you questions right away, OK? Sorry.

message 46: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @Maddie Don't worry about it too much! Do whatever you can. Studying get a little crazy this time of year, but it important to say on top of it! :)

@Iulia That's fine! And time differences between countries etc. makes it hard sometimes too anyway! :)

message 47: by thesubjectivenarrative (last edited Nov 01, 2013 11:21AM) (new)

thesubjectivenarrative | 55 comments I know and, like @Maddie I have a lot of studying to do too.:(

message 48: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Hi guys I'm gonna skip the first book because I read it a couple of weeks ago and that gives me a chance to get up to scratch with my other books and coursework in time for the second book but I'll still be able to comment on the first one though!:D xx

message 49: by Maddie (new)

Alright. :)

message 50: by Maddie (new)

Gonna read my second chapter soon.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6