The Page Turners discussion

Looking for Recommendations > Books I can read to my seven year old sister?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (new)

Rose (ka-tet-rose) | 37 comments I'm looking for a book that I can read to my little sis. I think she's too young for Harry Potter because I've tried reading it to her before and she couldn't focus. Are there any recommendations?

message 2: by Aswin (new)

Aswin Kumar (Aswinkumar) | 5 comments buy monster on the hill..a graphic novel by rob harrell..an innocent story well portrayed by amazing artwork and sweet writing..!!

message 3: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Archie Comics or The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 905 comments I would suggest a Rainbow Magic book such as this http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31.... I read one when I was about her age, and I know a lot of young girls read these books as well.

message 5: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 517 comments Mod
You could try Alice In Wonderland, Black Beauty, The Black Stallion, The Secret Garden, and A Little Princess. I know these are older classic children books, but I don't know any modern books that are good for that age.

message 6: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 2470 comments Mod
You could try the Nancy Drew series. I used to love them when I was little.

message 7: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Donson (rosiedonson) | 414 comments I have a 7 year old cousin and she loves the Worst Witch series by Jill Murphy, finds them hilarious :) When I was that age I lived Lauren St John's 'The White Giraffe' and Roald Dahl's 'Matilda'.

message 8: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 517 comments Mod
I think when I was that age maybe a little older I gat hook on the American Girl series. The stories tell about girls living in time periods of America, such as Civil War to the 1970s. They also include dolls of the characters that come with clothes and assertieries.

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammgasmic) | 41 comments Try the tales of Beatle the Bard. I live the stories and it would be a nice gateway book for Harry Potter ;P

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I would try Roald Dahl, the twits or the witches. BFG, Danny champion of the world.
All his books generally delight children I've read them too.
Also Enid Blyton, adventures of the wishing chair or the faraway tree. Also the Joey story books. Children can generally only concentrate for small periods of time at that age so a shorter story might help keep her hooked. The wishing chair is broken into adventures, so you could read one a time.