YA readers discussion

getting to know you > where have you been?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (foreverlookingforward) | 67 comments Mod
I have been to France,Paris and I have visited Scotland in general

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) Oooh I really want to go to Scotland! I went to Paris when I was very, very little, so sadly I don't remember much :(. Were they on your own or family/school?

I've been CRAZY lucky, my family is made up of travelers, so I've been loads of places! I spent last summer in South America which is probably my favourite out of all the places I've been (I know it's an entire continent, but still haha).

message 3: by Emma (new)

My entire family is Scottish - even though my part of the family don't like there - but on my dad's mum's side I have some American (2nd and 3rd) never met them though but ya never know if I find myself in America! I went to Paris for my birthday when I was 6 or 7 them in last year of Jr.school I went to Normandy with my class.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) So are you from Scotland then? And if so where in Scotland (general area, I mean). I had a Scottish roommate from Edinburgh my freshman and sophomore year. Yeah my family is pretty spread out all over the world (and it's part of the reason I've seen as much of the world as I have), so I have met most of them, but I imagine the majority of my family I will have only seen once in my life :-/

message 5: by Emma (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "So are you from Scotland then? And if so where in Scotland (general area, I mean). I had a Scottish roommate from Edinburgh my freshman and sophomore year. Yeah my family is pretty spread out al..."

My father is from near Edinburgh and my mum is from Aberdeen and a few of my other relatives are from one of both or in between.

I however was born there but moved from Aberdeen when I was a few weeks old to Eastbourne (where Angus thongs and perfect snogging was filmed/set in fact I think our old house is in the film at one point) then I moved to the west Midlands

message 6: by Emma (new)

I don't really see my family often though

message 7: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 31, 2013 02:48PM) (new)

Elizabeth (bonniebay) | 27 comments Hi again,

I'm in Scotland and what I love best is Day Trips usually going around our favourite places here in my backyard LOL!

A few times we've been to England, visiting South Port, Liverpool (for The Beatles Memory Lanes) and London for all the Royal stuff.

Today's is Diana, Princess of Wales 16th death anniversary - so sad! May she finally found the peace she was looking for!

I'd love to go to Niagara Falls and/or Paris some day, well that's it so far!

BonnieBay
BB

message 8: by Emma (new)

Where from Scotland I may have been?

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (bonniebay) | 27 comments I'm ten miles south of Glasgow on the west coast.

message 10: by Emma (new)

My uncle (my dad's side) used to work around there for two years and one o my teacher from juniors came from around there

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (bonniebay) | 27 comments what may I ask what kind of work did your Uncle do and which Teacher from juniors was the one that came around here?

Was your teacher a maths or a French teacher?

message 12: by Emma (new)

Well my uncle is a science teacher and my teacher was you know when your about 9 and is your form tutor and your lessons teacher but not all of them. She did teach the higher maths sets though

message 13: by Emma (new)

Her name is Gill Adair - I think it's Gill

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (bonniebay) | 27 comments I'm a University Graduate. The University I went to was at the University west of Scotland in Paisley.

Doing Computer Animation with Digital Arts.

message 15: by Emma (new)

Something about paisley rings a bell I'm not sure why May be somewhere I went when I was younger or one of the many places my father grew up.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) That's awesome! I've never been to the middle east, but I'd love to. Are you from any of the countries listed?

message 17: by liv (new)

liv (femmefataie) I've been around England since I live there but I've only been abroad to Barbarous to visit my auntie when I was about 3 or 4