Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JP (new)

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 792 comments Mod
For September we will be reading book 2 of the Mercy Thompson series:

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs

Please read and discuss below

message 2: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Read it already. Not my favorite, but still quite good. Spine chilling and disturbing. I recently re-read Silver Borne, which is my favorite in the series.

By the way, here is a quiz on the characterization of Mercy Thompson -- all about Mercy herself. http://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/resu...

message 3: by JP (new)

Just took the quiz. It was fun =)

message 4: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) JP wrote: "Just took the quiz. It was fun =)"

Great! Thanks for playing along, and for the kind words!

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Thoughts on Chapters 1 - 2

Warning, Spoilers Ahead...

I think Blood Bound has the eeriest opening of the Mercy Thompson series. Also the scariest bad guy - in his first appearance we discover that he's a demon-possessed vampire/sorcerer, bloodthirsty enough to kill an entire hotel of people and powerful enough to enthrall Stefan.

Stefan's lucky he escaped Mercy's house unscathed. I'm very surprised Samuel was able to restrain himself when Stefan arrived with a beaten and unconscious Mercy.

"Samuel is going to get you a blanket. And a pillow. You are going to sleep for the day in my closet. Dead people don't get to stay in my bedroom." - I wouldn't be able to sleep in my bedroom with a vampire in the closet - it would be very uncomfortable to have a dead/undead body in the room.

message 6: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) @Sara,

I agree. A very eerie opening. That hotel killing spree really creeped me out.

Mercy is always more merciful than fearful. Thus, she is willing to let a vampire rest and heal in her closet. However, maybe she wasn't totally at ease about it. Does the text provide any clue?

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Kathleen,

The next chapter states "But I couldn't get his statement about being dead during the day out of my head. Ugh. There was no way I was going to be able to sleep with a dead man in my closet."

I'd say she was a little uneasy. Stefan should have left out about the part about being dead and told her he needed to sleep in the closet to minimize any sun exposure.

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Sara,

That would certainly give anyone the willies!

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Thoughts on Chapter 3

"He'd been up all night, too; he ought to have gone to bed instead of waiting up to frown at me." - Mercy should know by now that's not how Samuel operates.

Poor Mercy - all beaten up and she has two sexy men in her kitchen.

"Why not with Adam?" - Adam and Samuel as roommates would be a disaster but a funny one to read.

"So how are you going to explain to your neighbors that there is a strange man sleeping on your porch?" - A classic example of why it's never easy to win an argument with Samuel.

"Adam had been the bane of my existence for most of the time I lived in the Tri-Cities, where he ruled with an iron hand. ... He'd declared me his mate before the pack - and then had the gall to tell me it was for my own protection, so his wolves wouldn't bother me, a coyote living in their territory." - I would love a flashback to this conversation.

I never thought of Adam-Mercy-Samuel being a true triangle. It was clear from the first book that Mercy wanted Adam and that her romantic feelings for Samuel were in the past. She still thinks he's attractive but seems more concerned about his depression/instability/losing him as a friend as opposed to entertaining thoughts of renewing a relationship.

"She and her new boyfriend headed off to Italy for an indefinite period." - Christie the terrible mom strikes again! Warning, speculation for Night Broken ahead...

If you've read the summary for Night Broken, it states that Christie seeks shelter in Adam's home from a crazy, not quite human, powerful boyfriend. My sister and I are both huge fans of the Mercy series and we've been debating back and forth over the identity of Christy's crazy lover. My wacky theory is it's the Lord of the Night mainly because he's mentioned in almost every book. I feel he has to make an actual appearance at some point. The crazy boyfriend is supposed to be powerful and the book is called "Night Broken". My sister's objections were 1)How would Christie meet the Lord of the Night, and 2)Why would he be obsessed with Christie? My counter-objections were that 1) I remember Christie visiting Europe in the books and 2) He's not obsessed with Christie he's using her as a Trojan horse to manipulate Adam/Mercy/Marsilia, etc. Long story short...this chapter provided confirmation that Christy was in Italy. My crazy theory is vindicated...at least until Night Broken is released.

Back to our regular chapter...

This is the second time in the series that Mercy has retreated from her house to escape the Adam-Samuel duo.

I would love to know what Mercy's mom was thinking when she named her daughter. It's a pretty name but Mercedes and Athena are fairly unusual names.

"Demons serve only one mnaster well, and those who forget it tend to become enslaved rather quickly. Those who remember might stay in control a while longer. ... There are many kinds of invitations, intentional and not. Sorcerer, demon-possessed, it doesn't matter. Eventually the demon is in control." - I'm a bit confused on the difference between demon-possessed and sorcerers. It seems like sorcerers only possess abilities because their possessed by a demon so the difference would be...?

"Hey, I was talking about cannibalism, not romance." My sister's favorite line in the entire series - she will quote it in any and every Mercy discussion.

"There speaks someone who doesn't like...er, women." - Thus begins Ben's attempts to use non-offensive terms for females.

message 10: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) I agree that Adam Mercy Samuel never qualified as a true love triangle, for the reasons you cited.

Interesting thoughts about Night Broken and the Lord of the Night. I follow your line of reasoning quite easily. Plausible.

Demons only serve one master sounds like a paraphrase from the new testament, about only serving one master, god or mammon. Briggs tends to do this a lot.

I don't think sorcerers are necessarily possessed by a demon. Thinking about the evil witch in Alpha and Omega series, book one, Cry Wolf -- she was a sorcerer, right? Not demon possessed. What's the diff between a sorcerer and a witch?

*Chuckles* on the Ben quote!

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments As I understand it...and I can be completely wrong...

According to the "Star of David" short story, Wizards and/or gypsies work with/on physical objects.

Witches seem to work with/on physical beings.

Sorcerers - I'm confused as to whether they have abilities before the demon enters the picture.

Witches all seem to be descended from magical bloodlines. The Alpha and Omega series makes several references to the witch family wars centuries ago and how each family specializes in different types of spells.

We've only seen two wizards in the series - the boy from the Star of David story and Wulfe. If I remember correctly the boy comes from gypsy blood. Wulfe is crazy and I don't know if we will ever discover his heritage. I will have to re-read the Star of David story to see if it states that wizards descend from magical bloodlines.

Sorcerers seem to rely on outside forces (demons) for their abilities instead of having magical genes.

It might be similar to Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series in that witches have enzymes in their blood that kindles their magic and sorcerers use ley lines - except in Mercy's world we substitute demons for ley lines.

message 12: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Maybe you are right. I dunno. in Tolkien's LotR world, the sorcerers were simply wizards. Of course, Briggs can make up her own mythos -- we just have to figure it out.

message 13: by Sara (last edited Sep 28, 2013 10:28PM) (new)

Sara | 75 comments Exactly. Maybe we'll discover more clarification as Mercy continues her investigation in Blood Bound. The sorcerer/demon aspect always trips me up but during this re-read I'm keeping an eye out for any details on the magic users.

message 14: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Ok, good. Maybe you'll figure it out.

message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Thoughts on Chapter 4

Blood Bound is the creepiest book of the series and it continues with the "truth-chair". I wince every time a character has to push their hands down on the thorns. Ouch!

I always felt sorry for Daniel. First he's put in the middle of a power play between Andre and Stefan and then he encounters Cory Littleton. He had a short, tragic life. Daniel is similar to Mac from Moon Called in that they are both young men who suffer a tragic encounter that kick starts the events of the book.

Crazy Wulfe makes an appearance. I don't think he appeared in Moon Called. I know Stefan is the popular choice but Wulfe is my favorite - you never know what side he's on, mysterious background, and he's both crazy and creepy with a bit of funny thrown in.

"I have met them -as have most of us who are more than a few centuries old. It would be a very bad thing, Mistress, if one of us were a sorcerer." - If the craziest man in the room is telling you that this is a bad idea you might want to listen to him. Was it ever established how old Bernard is? I'm assuming Estelle is from the Victorian era based on her dress/manner, Lilly is old enough to have met Mozart, Stefan, Marsilia, and Andre are from the Renaissance Italy, and Wulfe is from the Medeival Ages but Bernard is...?

"You, who have never answered to your own maker..." - That has had to drive Marsilia crazy through the years.

Cory Littleton - a demon-riding, sorcery using vampire - a true triple-threat!

"Coyotes sing in the daylight, as well as the night. These are the truths she carries." - Nice foreshadowing for the end of the book. I also wish Wulfe was more lucid so we could discover what he knows of walkers. Of course, a lucid Wulfe wouldn't be as much fun.

I'm assuming Stefan picked Daniel to be his hunting partner to remove him from Andre's care otherwise it's a lot like leading a lamb to slaughter.

"...as if I was important enough to the Marrok for him to take on the Seethe..." - Mercy consistently underestimates her importance to Bran.

message 16: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Yes, very creepy. Very dark. That chair, blood stained and horrific. The seethe, vampires gathered all around, in the dark. yikes.

I have always been interested in Wulfe, too. Stefan is necessary, to show for positively certain that vampires can be benign. Sort of.

Yes, she always underestimates her value to Bran.

Poor Daniel.

Cory Littleton. Creepy little jerk.

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Thoughts on Chapter 5 -

"You want me to pull the guards I set on you? ... No. ... No." When it comes to arguments the scorecards reads: Werewolves - 2, Mercy - 0.

"It was just a good thing I wasn't a werewolf or there would be a slave rebellion." - Maybe when Kyra/Kara (I'm blanking on the actual name) reaches adulthood that rebellion will happen. She survived a werewolf attack/change as a child - she is definitely an alpha in the making.

"If Gabriel leaves, I'll have to do my own paperwork." - Paperwork, the root of all evil.

"Elizaveta won't go after him. Demons apparently have an odd effect on witchcraft." - Does it make spells misfire or perhaps it's the temptation - and power - a demon offers?

"I was so easy. One back rub and I was his." - Who doesn't melt for a nice massage?

I'm quite sure Jesse's experiences with Adam and Mercy are quite different from Christie and the boyfriend of the week.

"Even with my willpower, his lure was too great." - Humor is always a good way to ease an awkward situation.

"Dad's kind of a stud, all right."
"Jesse."
"I have to agree. Maybe as high as a seven or eight, even."
"Mercedes."
- Adam should realize by now that he is outmatched when Mercy and Jesse unite against him.

"I thought I was immune to the stupid dominance/submission thing, immune to the Alpha's power." - I think that encounter wasn't the result of an Alpha's power but instead it was caused by the pure hotness of Adam. I suppose blaming it on "Alpha power" allows you to stay in the denial closet.

"Big red letters across the hood said FOR A GOOD TIME CALL followed by Adam's phone number. The graffiti had been Jesse's suggestion." - More proof that not even the mighty Alpha can stand against the Mercy-Jesse tag team.

Mercy, asking your old lover for advice on your potential new lover isn't the wisest course of action.

In this chapter we get our first glimpse of how unsettled Samuel actually is. Bran warned Mercy in the first book but this is the first time it happens onscreen.

I go back and forth on Samuel's Texas lover. On the one hand she was the one who would have to endure the pregnancy so it could be considered her choice to make but on the other hand - poor Samuel lost his chance at having that child and he would have been an awesome father. On the third hand that woman had no way of knowing that Samuel was more than he seemed and that he had the experience, maturity, and financial resources to raise the child on his own. I bet she feared that he said he would support her and then bail later on. Bad situation all around.

message 18: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Speaking of Samuel...feeling sorry for him, his hopes for a family, his lover...Have you read Silver Borne?

I love the graffiti on the car! Ongoing good fun. :-)

message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Yep. I'm a very big Adam & Mercy shipper but I was glad that Samuel found love too. Ariana is a very interesting character and I hope we get a more detailed look on their initial meeting. The Dark Lord of the Forest sounds like he was quite the monster.

message 20: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Yes, I'd like to learn more about the Dark Lord of the Forest, too. I also want to see Samuel and Arianna together, all joy.

message 21: by Sara (last edited Sep 29, 2013 09:03PM) (new)

Sara | 75 comments All joy with a child that has a fae lifespan!

message 22: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Yes, as long as that long life is not miserable. That would surely be hell.

message 23: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Thoughts on Chapter 6 -

"I didn't really think it was his fault he turned me into a submissive ninny." - I love this quote.

"I can make fun of my name, but no one else can. Unless I'm in a really good mood. Or I start it first." - I'm sure Mercy has heard all of the jokes.

"Samuel had taught me a lot about independence..." - I've always thought it would be interesting if Samuel - instead of a love interest - had been her foster father. I'm not sure why Bran didn't arrange it. Samuel loves children, has been a father, and with Mercy being a walker he could have helped with that aspect of her too.

I love Bran especially the father side of him.

"Sorcerer, as opposed to demon-ridden, as the possessed are. Though there's not much to choose between them, except that the demon-ridden are easier to spot. They're in the middle of the carnage instead of on the sidelines." - Still confused on the difference.

"He'd been warning me about "pushing buttons" for as long as I could remember. I don't know why. I'm not stupid. I'm always careful when I torment werewolves..." - Bran warns you because he knows you - Mercy is probably the only person who has pranked the Marrok, made fun of Charles to his face, and poked at the Moor. Not even Samuel can claim he's done all three.

"I wouldn't have poked at Samuel, not in his current state, but it was probably a good thing Ben wasn't around." - This is why Bran felt he had to warn you!

Honey and Mercy continue their love-hate relationship.

"...for a domineering control freak, he's pretty damn nice. He's honest, hard working, and generous. He's a good father. He's loyal to his people and he takes care of them." - This is exactly what a worried father of a child werewolf wants to hear.

"Anyone who survives a werewolf attack before adolescence has willpower to spare." - She'll be an Alpha when she grows up.

message 24: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) I think this was my favorite part of the chapter. The discussion of Mercy's relationship with Bran, Charles, Samuel...Nodding at what you wrote:

"He'd been warning me about "pushing buttons" for as long as I could remember. I don't know why. I'm not stupid. I'm always careful when I torment werewolves..." - Bran warns you because he knows you - Mercy is probably the only person who has pranked the Marrok, made fun of Charles to his face, and poked at the Moor. Not even Samuel can claim he's done all three.

message 25: by bookcrazedchick (new)

bookcrazedchick | 25 comments Sara wrote: "Thoughts on Chapter 4

Blood Bound is the creepiest book of the series and it continues with the "truth-chair". I wince every time a character has to push their hands ..."

Mercy does seem to think she means less to Bran that what she does. I love to see him express some of that emotion in Silver Borne.

Snarktastic Sonja (snownsew) | 14 comments Sara wrote: "Yep. I'm a very big Adam & Mercy shipper but I was glad that Samuel found love too. Ariana is a very interesting character and I hope we get a more detailed look on their initial meeting. The Da..."

Yes! :)

I am enjoying reading your thoughts as you re-visit this series. It is among my favorites - if not THE favorite of mine. Not ready to re-read - but sure enjoying your thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

message 27: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments No problem. I love talking about my favorite books!

message 28: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Thoughts on Chapter 7 -

"Werewolf troubles?"
"Warren's hurt." - Mercy just outed Warren to Gabriel. Warren doesn't make a point of hiding what he is but I think Mercy's worry caused her to blurt out the comment without realizing what she was doing.

I can easily see Warren and Honey being friends. Warren's pretty laid-back compared to the majority of the male wolves.

I still wince over Warren's condition even though I've read the book multiple times.

"This...thing has drawn a line in the sand and dared me to cross." - I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of an angry Adam.

"Demons are evil, nasty, and powerless unless they manage to attach themselves like a parasite to some damned fool. Either they are invited in as a guest - which is what makes a sorcerer, or they sneak in because someone weak of will does an evil thing. A simple demon possession doesn't last long because the possessed man cannot blend in: a demon in control wants one thing - destruction. A sorcerer, someone who controls the demon by means of a bargain, is far more deadly. A sorcerer may live undetected by the human population for years. Eventually. the sorcerer will lose control, and the demon takes over." -- We now have a clear definition of sorcerers in the Mercy verse.

"If you die on us, you won't be." - Fierce Kyle for the win!

Paul is such a tool. I was glad when Warren whipped him.

"Warren has more control of his wolf than any of my others, and Ben, despite his attitude is nearly as good. They were the best of my wolves to send after the sorcerer." - Adam had to feel a tremendous amount of guilt over those two being hurt by following his orders.

"You are such an innocent. I learned a long time ago that God is a myth. I prayed every hour for six months in a stinking foreign swamp before I opened my eyes - and a crazy werewolf finished teaching me that there is no God. I don't know. Maybe there is. If so, He's a sadist who watches His children shoot at each other and blow themselves up without doing something." - I'm sure the horrors of war and then a werewolf attack would make you cynical about higher powers.

"Did you really run his Lamborghini into a tree?" - Poor Mercy - she's seems to spend a lot of time explaining her childhood antics. Notice they all involve Bran.

"And when had I started worrying about Ben? He was a rat bastard." - One that is capable of worming into your heart.

message 29: by JP (new)

Sara wrote: "Thoughts on Chapter 7 -

"Werewolf troubles?"
"Warren's hurt." - Mercy just outed Warren to Gabriel. Warren doesn't make a point of hiding what he is but I think Mercy..."

I think the best part about Mercy reliving her childhood escapades is when Samuel or Bran put them in a new light for her =)

message 30: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Thoughts on Chapters 8 - 11

"You play in waters much too deep to swim in for long, little girl." - If my count is correct that is the 7th person to tell Mercy this so far.

"If the sorcerer turns its attention to us, makes one of us kill humans in front of cameras - which it can do..." - More proof that Cory Littleton is the deadliest bad guy in the series so far - with the exception of the creature from River Marked.

"The first was that Uncle Mike was one of the few who would have gone after the sorcerer. The second was that he both hated and feared the Gray Lords. The third was that he didn't consider humans to be effluvia." - I've always liked Uncle Mike. I hope we get to see him again.

"The effect of a demon on a werewolf is like vodka on a fire." - Very bad combination.

I wonder if Marsilia's ever-changing wardrobe is due to boredom?

"Don't do it. I will be there tomorrow morning." - Bran doesn't need to be psychic he simply knows Mercy too well.

"You can't stop me, anyway. With Adam missing, I'm the highest ranking werewolf in town." - I'm not sure that logic works when the person forbidding you is the leader of all the Alphas.

"Adam didn't even ask me before he claimed me as a mate before the pack - I certainly didn't think it was anything more than a way to keep me from getting eaten." - I think Mercy has been in denial over Adam's feelings for her for a long time. Adam is way too powerful an Alpha to have to resort to issuing a "mate claim" in order to prevent his wolves from harassing her.

"Kyle was a lawyer - nothing showed on his face. I couldn't tell if he was relieved or disappointed. Maybe he didn't know either." - I think Warren will eventually change Kyle.

"They won't accept him as second." - Warren doesn't want to be second. He seems content with having a pack, a mate, and a few close friends.

"I knew that Elizaveta wasn't a Wiccan witch. Her powers were inherited and had nothing to do with religion." -- I wonder if Wiccan witches have any magical abilities in the Mercy verse? All on-screen witches have been descended from magical bloodlines.

"Of course, eating him would work, too." - That's a werewolf for you.

Vamp nicknames:

Marsilia = "Beautiful Dagger" or something similar
Stefan = The Soldier
Andre = The Courtier
Wulfe = The Wizard
Estelle = The Teacher
James Blackwood = The Monster

"Stefan said she was pouting because she was exiled." - That's a long time to sulk.

"He ate me." - Poor Daniel.

"When you find the bastard who did this, kill him and make it hurt." - Kyle has the werewolf mentality down pat.

message 31: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Good to have the list of nicknames!

message 32: by Kathleen (last edited Oct 01, 2013 02:01PM) (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) I love read your thoughts, Sara Catgirl / Batman. I always liked Mike, too. I hope we see more of him.

I suppose yo are right about Warren eventually changing Kyle.

Yes, a long time for Marisella to sulk, but for immortals, time is meaningless.

In this series, I don't recall any religious wicken witches. Religious wicken witches -- say that three times.

message 33: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Kathleen wrote: "Yes, a long time for Marisella to sulk, but for immortals, time is meaningless."

I suppose if you're going to live forever taking a few centuries to pout is nothing.

message 34: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) That's some pity party, huh?

message 35: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Much more epic and enduring than Achilles throwing a hissy and retreating to his tent.

message 36: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) The heel. ;)

message 37: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments In multiple ways!

message 38: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Yeah! You got my poor pun. I confess, creating bad jokes is my Achille's heel. Have been known to set a whole room full of eyeballs rolling...

...around and around the room.

message 39: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments I'm a huge Greek mythology nut, so I recognized it right away. Bad jokes are always fun!

message 40: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Thoughts on Chapter 12

Mercy the ghost-detecting investigator is on the trail! With the aid of Rosalinda, her girl Friday!

"Marsilia is a lady. Women do not belong in combat." - She proves to be quite the bruiser later in the series.

"She gets glimpses of the future sometimes. Not often, but what she does see is seldom wrong." - I think this is the only time we hear a reference to Marsilia's psychic abilities.

Samuel's condition is a good indication of the instability/depression he's suffering even without the demon's influence.

"He tastes better than you." - Poor Andre, always second best.

Mercy manages to break her other arm. I think in the course of the series she's managed to break all of her limbs.

message 41: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (user_kathleen) Your statement: "Mercy manages to break her other arm. I think in the course of the series she's managed to break all of her limbs."

How often I have thought the same thing! Ouch.

message 42: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) I already read this one. I loved it. Stefan is one of my favorite characters of the series. There is never a boring moment with Marcy. But she is constantly getting her ass kick.

message 43: by JP (new)

Krystal wrote: "I already read this one. I loved it. Stefan is one of my favorite characters of the series. There is never a boring moment with Marcy. But she is constantly getting her ass kick."

I love Stefan, too. I really like the part in this one when he calls Mercy to him.

message 44: by Sara (new)

Sara | 75 comments Thoughts on Chapter 13 - End

"I could see Adam staring over my head, his muzzle wrinkled and his eyes brilliant yellow lit with rage that promised death. I rolled my head so I could see what Adam was looking at. All I saw was Stefan." - Stefan is so lucky Adam wasn't able to escape that cage.

Mercy the vampire slayer!

I love that Samuel, Bran, Stefan, and Adam all felt the need to accompany Mercy to the hospital.

"...and being stuffed inside with three werewolves and a vampire was a new experience in testosterone." - I'm sure!

"A man who will risk nothing for love is not a man. I'll have her home before ten, just in case." - Gabriel is a smart boy.

"It hadn't stopped him from wiping the floor with Paul who now cringed whenever Warren walked by." - As well he should.

"...wearing, of all things, a lavender cowboy outfit complete with purple hat." - Never change, Kyle!!

This is definitely when Ben bonded with Warren and Kyle.

"Warren had told me that Ben and Daniel had struck up an odd sort of friendship..." - I wish we had been able to see this as Ben doesn't usually reach out to non-pack people.

Mercy gets a lot of criticism for being a "male-dependent heroine" but this is the second book in a row where she has rescued ultra-Alpha Adam, among others, using her moxie and intelligence.

"What if I let you take charge?" - That's a big concession for an Alpha.

"It was interesting watching him squirm. I was suddenly feeling much more cheerful." - So ornery!

"The thought of having children who won't die before they are born is powerful." - I know fans debate about whether Mercy or Anna or both should have children before the series ends but I feel Samuel is the one who deserves that happy ending.

"Because I'm not a fool." - Once again, if the craziest member of the Seethe tells you it's a bad idea, you should listen.

Ben turning back to human to help Mercy is a nice indication of how he feels about her.

"Then he pulled me against him and just held me." - One of my favorite "tender" moments between Mercy and Adam.

"She says those doctors are miserable to work with."
"Terrible." - Samuel always has a sense of humor.

How did a ghost create a physical drawing of Adam?

message 45: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) JP wrote: "Krystal wrote: "I already read this one. I loved it. Stefan is one of my favorite characters of the series. There is never a boring moment with Marcy. But she is constantly getting her ass kick."

..."

I love that part too. Adam went flip out and made her pack.

message 46: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) Kathleen Sn❄w wrote: "Read it already. Not my favorite, but still quite good. Spine chilling and disturbing. I recently re-read Silver Borne, which is my favorite in the series.

By the way, here is a quiz on the char..."

I really like the quiz it was fun.