Music Freaks & Geeks discussion

Favorites > Favorite Music Groups or Bands

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madame (new)

Madame (madamemorrigan) | 33 comments I think it's pretty cool how you started a music based group on a book based website. I give you props. I have no idea what people talk about on groups but since it's about music I figured knowing what we liked would help. Some of my faves are Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Florida Georgia Line, Maroon 5, Journey, Queen, Hot Chelle Rae, and One Direction. But that's just the beginning.

message 2: by Madame (new)

Madame (madamemorrigan) | 33 comments Whoa. Both of those videos were AMAZING! I loved Barracuda by Gretchen Wilson and Alice in Chains. That was so awesome!

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) Hahaha we have such different taste in music! I'm a classical musician so I suppose that accounts for some of it. Not that I only listen to classical :)

Have you guys heard of Mae? They're probably my all time favourite band. Their album The Everglow is aaaaaamazing.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Morgan-Sarah wrote: "I think it's pretty cool how you started a music based group on a book based website. I give you props. I have no idea what people talk about on groups but since it's about music I figured knowing ..."

Thank you! The last group I made I deleted cause it was kinda boring. I love music so I made my own group! And omg you don't know how much it means to me that people joined so quickly! So thanks!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Well I am currently obsessed with Iggy Azalea. But I love Paramore, Nickelback, Imagine Dragons, and so much more

message 6: by Madame (new)

Madame (madamemorrigan) | 33 comments I don't know who Iggy Azalea is but Imagine Dragons is awesome. And I have also never heard of Mae but unless it plays on the radio I probably haven't heard it. Ha ha =P

message 7: by Madame (new)

Madame (madamemorrigan) | 33 comments AJ wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Well I am currently obsessed with Iggy Azalea. But I love Paramore, Nickelback, Imagine Dragons, and so much more"

one word: evanescence.
two other words: amy lee."

Evanescence rocks. I love the songs Call Me When You're Sober, All That I'm Living For, and Cloud Nine.

message 8: by sunshyne66 (new)

sunshyne66 | 7 comments Led Zeppelin is my all time fave! I also love pretty much all 70s rock bands, and I adore 90s rock, like The Goo-Goo Dolls, and Stone Temple Pilots, etc., plus 90s blues rock like The Black Crowes. I am also loving the newer blues rock like The Black Keys, and the newer folk rock stuff like Mumford and Sons, etc. And yes, I will even admit to loving 80s hair bands. lol

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) AJ wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Hahaha we have such different taste in music! I'm a classical musician so I suppose that accounts for some of it. Not that I only listen to classical :)

Have you guys heard o..."

Do you know the Rodrigo Concerto de Aranjuez? It's a pretty famous classical guitar concerto (but clearly with heavy Spanish influences) and it's got a HUGE english horn solo in it as well (I play oboe and english horn)

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Never Shout Never is my relaxing music. I love them

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn AJ wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Well I am currently obsessed with Iggy Azalea. But I love Paramore, Nickelback, Imagine Dragons, and so much more"

one word: evanescence.
two other words: amy lee."

Thanks! I'll check them out

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Elizabeth wrote: "Hahaha we have such different taste in music! I'm a classical musician so I suppose that accounts for some of it. Not that I only listen to classical :)

Have you guys heard of Mae? They're pr..."

Just looked them up! I am now in love<3

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) Jessica wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Hahaha we have such different taste in music! I'm a classical musician so I suppose that accounts for some of it. Not that I only listen to classical :)

Yay! I recognize the name Never Shout Never, but I've not heard anything by them (to my knowledge). What should I try of theirs?

message 14: by sunshyne66 (new)

sunshyne66 | 7 comments AJ wrote: "sunshyne66 wrote: "Led Zeppelin is my all time fave! I also love pretty much all 70s rock bands, and I adore 90s rock, like The Goo-Goo Dolls, and Stone Temple Pilots, etc., plus 90s blues rock lik..."

:) I am eclectic when it comes to my music. I only touched on my fave "bands" in this thread. I like some of nearly everything, really. But rock and blues are definitely forefront for me. I am also always on the lookout for new stuff that fits my groove.

Oh, to have seen Zep live....would have been the ultimate musical high!! I was too young when they were touring in the 70s to have seen them perform. I wanted to see the Page/Plant show in, I think it was 1995, but the closest venue was 1000 miles away from me, and just wasn't doable, either. *sigh*

message 15: by sunshyne66 (new)

sunshyne66 | 7 comments AJ wrote: "sunshyne66 wrote: "AJ wrote: "sunshyne66 wrote: "Led Zeppelin is my all time fave! I also love pretty much all 70s rock bands, and I adore 90s rock, like The Goo-Goo Dolls, and Stone Temple Pilots,..."

So did I. *cries*

message 16: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 30, 2013 01:17PM) (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) Morgan-Sarah wrote: "I don't know who Iggy Azalea is but Imagine Dragons is awesome. And I have also never heard of Mae but unless it plays on the radio I probably haven't heard it. Ha ha =P"

Yeah, I'm not sure if they've really ever been on the radio, and if they had, it would have been quite a while ago haha. I don't listen to a whole lot of radio as I don't HAVE a radio, so I'm not sure anyone I listen to you would know...

MIKA maybe? He had a hit called Grace Kelly and he's AWESOME! He sounds a bit like Freddy Mercury

message 17: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 30, 2013 01:16PM) (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) AJ wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Hahaha we have such different taste in music! I'm a classical musician so I suppose that accounts for some of it. Not that I only listen to classical :)

...oh wow it's getting hard to keep track of all these threads haha

But seriously, I don't know how I feel about this playlist...it's easily some of my favourite pieces of all time....but 50 shades of gray *groans*

P.p.s. Ottmar Liebert is AMAZING!!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

OMGOMG I love you guys I LOVE everything 80's and I love 70's punk rock and all rock and omg. I think Steve Stevens is a great and underrate guitarist (Billy Idol's guitarist) and I love Van Halen omg they're so good. I'm like an expert on rock bands from the magic decades (60-80) even though that's like my parents music lol I'm just in love with it all

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG I LOVE GENESIS And yesssss I completely agree I love Steve Stevens and Billy Idol and Eyes Without A Face....

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Pentatonix. OMG just found them. Im in love!

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brace yourself, I have a pretty long list:

- 5SOS
- Little Mix
- Imagine Dragons
- Bastille
- Arctic Monkeys
- Panic! At The Disco
- Taylor Swift
- Coldplay
- Cher Lloyd
- The Cab
- OneRepublic
- Maroon 5 (sometimes)
- Marina and the Diamonds

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Sarah wrote: "Brace yourself, I have a pretty long list:

- 5SOS
- Little Mix
- Imagine Dragons
- Bastille
- Arctic Monkeys
- Panic! At The Disco
- Taylor Swift
- Coldplay
- Cher Lloyd
- The Cab
- OneRepublic
- ..."

Except for Taylor Swift I like everyone you do. U must have good taste.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

5SOSSSSSSD
HAVE YOU HEARD THEIR NEW SONG OM OMG

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah WAIT WHAT? WHAT SONG?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

WHEREVER YOU ARE
OMGGGGGGGGGG
TORN IN TWO
AND I KNOW I SHOULDN'T TELL YOU
BUT I JUST CAN'T STOP THINKING OF YOUUUUUU

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Made a topic just for you two! Check it out

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Already did

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 8 comments Ok this is going to be a long list and a few of them you may not have heard of. If you want one of their videos let me know.

One Direction, New Hollow, Taylor Swift, Evanesence, Cold Play, Florida Georgia Line, Lady Antebellum, Clinton Zher, Avril Lavigne, Jesse McCartney, Bowling for Soup, Jars of Clay, Superchick(even though they aren't performing anymore), Paramore, Ray Stevens, and for sake of time I won't list anymore. Music is my life. I am a walking jukebox. You name it and if I know it I'll sing it.

message 29: by Caru (last edited Oct 17, 2013 07:19PM) (new)

Caru Ariana Grande
Lorde
Lana Del Rey
Cher Lloyd
Ellie Goulding
Maroon 5
Katy Perry
Justin Timberlake
Florida Georgia Line
OneRepublic
Imagine Dragons

message 30: by Chantae (new)