Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Aurora Conspiracy: The Story Didn't End with a Crash ... the Epic Journey Began! (Book #1)
This topic is about Aurora Conspiracy
Author Resource Round Table > Ereader News Today

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Gelsheimer (gelsheimerkeats) | 79 comments Hi! I just did my first posting for Aurora Conspiracy to EReader News Today and it is currently featured (or at the time I'm posting anyway). https://www.facebook.com/EreaderNewsT.... Wanted to share because my Amazon ranking dropped from around 80k to 4k. You pay them 25% for the clicks that go through their link and turn into purchases, but one of the best tools I've found so far.

message 2: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments How do you put books on there? I don't see a place for authors to click on.

message 3: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Gelsheimer (gelsheimerkeats) | 79 comments Peggy wrote: "How do you put books on there? I don't see a place for authors to click on."

Hi Peggy! Here is the link that hopefully will take you right to the author submissions. Now my book is #1,334 and #1 in alternative history, #3 in tiime travel! I'd say it's definitely worth a shot and no money up front, just 25% of what clicks through their link.
http://ereadernewstoday.com/ent-free-...

message 4: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments WOW! That's so wonderful. I'm so happy for you. You are so sweet to share this with us.

message 5: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Gelsheimer (gelsheimerkeats) | 79 comments Peggy wrote: "WOW! That's so wonderful. I'm so happy for you. You are so sweet to share this with us."

Thanks! Let me know if you try it and how it goes!

message 6: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments I put one of y books on there. We'll see!

message 7: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Gelsheimer (gelsheimerkeats) | 79 comments Peggy wrote: "I put one of y books on there. We'll see!"

Awesome! My book had moved to #856 this morning when I woke up! Great exposure from ENT!

Good luck with your book, Peggy!

message 8: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments WOW! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you!

message 9: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments There is just onething I don't understand, Ginger. They asked when my book would be free. I put the dates that I planned to make it free. So, how does this generate money?

message 10: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Gelsheimer (gelsheimerkeats) | 79 comments You can set it up to do free or bargain book. I did bargain so my books are $0.99.

message 11: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments I didn't see the bargain. I just saw the free. I'm going back and do it on another one of my books. Thanks, so much.

message 12: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Gelsheimer (gelsheimerkeats) | 79 comments Peggy wrote: "I didn't see the bargain. I just saw the free. I'm going back and do it on another one of my books. Thanks, so much."

Your welcome! Good luck!

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott Skipper | 49 comments I don't a place to post a book that isn't free. What am I missing?

message 14: by C.M.J. (new) - added it

C.M.J. Wallace | 193 comments Go to the very bottom of the page and you'll find a link for both discount and free books.

message 15: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Gelsheimer (gelsheimerkeats) | 79 comments C.M.J. wrote: "Go to the very bottom of the page and you'll find a link for both discount and free books."

Hi CMJ! :)

message 16: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Gelsheimer (gelsheimerkeats) | 79 comments and hello Scott! Did you find the link?

message 17: by C.M.J. (new) - added it

C.M.J. Wallace | 193 comments Hi, Ginger! Thanks for the (as-ever) helpful post! :)

Check out Ginger's Book Review Depot on Facebook. It's a great resource for indie authors needing reviews.

message 18: by Ryder (new)

Ryder Islington (ryderislington) | 31 comments Here's a question for any and all. I don't own an ereader, but plan to get one at the end of the year. I'm very um...unlucky...with electronics. My computer is always at the shop. So, if I get an ereader and put a hundred books on it, and then it dies, what happens to the books? Is it possible to download the books to disc or a thumb drive as a backup?
And also, do you have recommendations as to which one is best? I plan on putting a lot of biblical commentaries and probably a couple of versions of the Bible on it, and those downloads are expensive, so I need something reliable, with a big memory.
Ryder

message 19: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments You'll get more bargains if you get a kindle. It isn't going to crash like a computer. It does have to be re-charged from time to time, however. It the battery runs out, your ooks are still safe.

message 20: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Koonce (goodreadscomraymond_koonce) | 71 comments Ryder wrote: "Here's a question for any and all. I don't own an ereader, but plan to get one at the end of the year. I'm very um...unlucky...with electronics. My computer is always at the shop. So, if I get an e..."

Everything you obtain for your Kindle is always available in an archive that Amazon keeps. You don't have to keep everything on the Kindle itself.

message 21: by Ryder (new)

Ryder Islington (ryderislington) | 31 comments Oh,good. Thanks Peggy and Raymond for the help. I have a friend who has a kindle and he loves it, but I haven't really heard much about the iPad and other devices and whether they are reliable, and have a lot of features. I appreciate the opinions.

message 22: by Lance (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 326 comments Ryder wrote: "So, if I get an ereader and put a hundred books on it, and then it dies, what happens to the books? Is it possible to download the books to disc or a thumb drive as a backup?..."

One way to get the data into your mitts is to also install the PC-based reader on your computer, and download the e-books to that. You'll end up with the files on your hard drive, which you can then back up. This seems to work for all three of the major e-readers.

message 23: by Scott (new)

Scott Skipper | 49 comments Ginger wrote: "and hello Scott! Did you find the link?"

Yeah, I found it, Ginger. It's really tiny, but the ten reviews and 99 cents requirements kills it for me.

message 24: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Gelsheimer (gelsheimerkeats) | 79 comments Come to Book Review Depot and get your 10 reviews at least! www.facebook.com/bookreviewdepot!