Gone Girl Gone Girl question

Other books like Gone Girl or The Silent Wife?
Barb Barb Aug 28, 2013 06:02PM
Gone Girl
The Silent Wife

Does anyone have any book suggestions that are similar to Gone Girl or The Silent Wife?

Before I Go to Sleep by S J Watson

Marjorie DeLuca You might also try Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. Like it's title it's very dark and gritty. ...more
Sep 03, 2013 05:36PM · flag
Amber Before I Go To Sleep it a great book. I really enjoyed it.
Sep 12, 2013 06:41PM · flag

I hated both of those books I am afraid but would agree that Before I go to sleep is a great read and would also recommend Into the darkest corner by Elizabeth Haynes, The Playdate by Louise Millar, Close my Eyes by Sophie Mckenzie and Rush of Blood by Mark Billingham.

The Execution of Noa P. Singleton was good. Not AS dark but still psychologically interesting.

I write psychological fiction about relationships--this one is about a marriage between a famous actor and an ordinary woman. Although not as dark as Gone Girl, it's got the twists and turns and doubts of marriage. It's available on Amazon. You can read a sample there, if you like.
Photographic A Novel by K.D. Lovgren Photographic: A Novel

A Kiss Before Dying by Ira Levin. It's an oldie but probably my favorite of this genre. I've recommended it to many and absolutely everyone loved it!!!

Also, the Buthcher's Boy trilogy by Thomas Perry. Start with The Butcher's Boy but read Sleeping Dogs and the last of the trilogy, The Informant. Another series that will NOT disappoint!!

I have not read "The Silent Wife". However if you are looking for something dark read "The Dinner" by Herman Koc