Alana Munro hosts a Q&A discussion

Women Feedback

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Bowles (michellebowles) I'm curious. Has anyone who may have not had the best intentions towards your life before, read your book and was kinder?

message 2: by Alana (last edited Aug 28, 2013 09:23PM) (new)

Alana Munro | 2 comments Mod
Hi Michelle, I am not 100 per cent sure. I hope some of the bullying/manipulative women mentioned in my book do read my book. But would they ever accept it is them or that they behaved so badly? After all, they still believe they are victims and they are good friends. :/
To be honest, I am expecting a back lash not 'kinder' behaviour from these women. I have been emotionally ready for the back lash but perhaps they don't want to shout me down as then they would be exposed as the women in my book.
The readers so far have been wonderful and most readers have felt utterly shocked/sad by my stories. Others have felt relieved that they are not alone, they have felt liberated and they have said thank you.
But I am still awaiting some women to 'defend' their sisters. Even though these particular sisters I talk about are cruel to other women and certainly don't live by the sisterhood ideal. I am not expecting women to be gentle with me. But that's fine, my book is my truth and sometimes the truth hurts. Maybe I need to be the woman who takes the pain and leads the way. I want to shine the light on these toxic behaviours between women but it is dangerous ground. All of my horrible stories happened to me, all by women.
I have not had any of these bullying women reach out to me, not once. And yes they will all know about my book thanks to social media. But as I say, I wouldn't expect any of them to reach out and say, 'wow, sorry about that!' Instead, I expect them to hate me and want to crucify me for speaking up, which is well, sad! I refuse to let my fear of them silence me though. I believe their behaviour was toxic and unacceptable. I think women need to look at how they behave towards other women.
Thanks for a great question Michelle. I hope I have answered it well for you.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Bowles (michellebowles) Yes, you did. It's sad though that women are like that. Well, it sounds and looks like life is headed in a better place. Some people are not meant to be in our lives forever. Perhaps, they were meant to give you something in your life because to me it sounds like you are much stronger!

message 4: by Rebekkah (new)

Rebekkah Ford | 1 comments It is sad women are like that. I think Michelle has a great point: they were meant to give you something in your life because now you're a stronger person. You should be proud of yourself Alana, you had the balls to stand up to these hurtful beeotches instead of taking their crap or believing you're defective.

message 5: by Alana (last edited Aug 29, 2013 04:57AM) (new)

Alana Munro | 2 comments Mod
Not all women are horrible to each other of course, but I have came across too many women who enjoy a good old hissy fit, try to manipulate or chuck some passive aggression towards me if they don't get what they want from me. I have lost count of the women who have attacked me by email because I have not went to some event (a night out, a meal etc) they arranged. What a picked up was a lack of tolerance. It is ridiculous and yeah I felt - 'this is insanity, I'm tired of this. I can't be the only female who has had this nonsense from their 'friends'...surely not! Why are some females behaving like this and why do they get away with it?'
I think it hurts women deeply as women's friendships can be quite deep and we can share so much with them, and then it is over in a flash.
You are right, many people are not meant to be in our life long term. They perhaps teach us valuable lessons.
I just wish it didn't have to turn sour and personal. Relationships change, people change. Can't women just accept that and not look at blaming the other woman and finding fault in her.
Thanks guys. Hey I was already pretty strong, I have experienced a lot of pain in my life before these toxic friends.
For a long time I thought this is all me, my fault. But after much thought, I can see how cruel many of these women have behaved. They all lacked compassion. I can see how unacceptable their behaviour has been and I refuse to accept it as healthy. I think females deserve happier and healthier relationships with each other. So I guess with this book, I am hoping to raise awareness of what can go on between women. And you never know, some women may think twice before they lash out and personally attack their friend.
What do you guys think? :)