What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Both Sides of Time (Time Travelers, #1)
This topic is about Both Sides of Time
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Civil War/WWI boy/ghost lives in house where modern day girl moves/visits? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bergsmar (new)

Bergsmar | 3 comments Hello!

I'm trying to track down a YA novel I read when I was 10 or 11 years-old. I have NO IDEA what the title or author is. This is all I can remember about the plot:

There's a romance between a modern day girl and a civil war/WWI era boy (or maybe he was a ghost?) and the book might have some time travel elements. Possibly an old house/mansion and something about Pacifism??? Also marbles? A scene with marbles?

The way I remember it is that a modern day girl moves into an old house or starts hanging out in one and begins to communicate with the boy who used to live their either through time travel or because he's a ghost....

More info: I was ten in 1997, I got the book out of my school library and I'm Canadian... so maybe the book came out in the early-mid 90's or maybe it's Canadian and about the War of 1812?

I've looked everywhere and googled everything... but I can't find it.

Does this book sound familiar to anyone? Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Bergsmar (new)

Bergsmar | 3 comments Possibly "Both Sides of Time" by Caroline B. Cooney? Does this ring a bell with anybody?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33287 comments Mod
Wikipedia has a good description of "Both Sides of Time". Does this sound like your book?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Both_Sid...

message 4: by Bergsmar (new)

Bergsmar | 3 comments Yaaay! I'm pretty sure that's it! Thanks

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33287 comments Mod
You're welcome. You did all the work. :)