Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

Prelude to a Hero (Chronicles of a Hero, #0.5)
This topic is about Prelude to a Hero
MG BLOGS & RESOURCES > Old Blog looking for NEW connections!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jaime Buckley (wantedhero) | 23 comments Hello all!

My Wanted Hero blog has been around since 2005 and I'm looking to connect with/contribute to strong communities/blogs/groups that interact and encourage kids. I'm a writer, dad of 11 and have been teaching about human potential to kids for 20 years. The central theme of all my books is help readers to discover that they are more than they think they are...by living vicariously through Wendell P. Dipmier, the hero by accident.

CHRONICLES OF A HERO series
Prelude to a Hero (Chronicles of a Hero, #0.5) by Jaime Buckley Race to Til-Thorin (Chronicles of a Hero, #1) by Jaime Buckley Trench Wars (Chronicles of a Hero, #2) by Jaime Buckley

http://wantedhero.com

You can check out my website to see if I might bring value to your group. I love to teach and create that spark in a child's mind, opening up possibilities and helping them think for themselves.

Wanted Hero

I don't have any set plans---just that I'm open to possibilities and new relationships that will help kids.

Cheers!

message 2: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Cross (carrie-cross) | 32 comments Are you interested in guest bloggers? My series has a strong heroine, Skylar Robbins, a 13-year-old sleuth, who makes a great role model. While solving mysteries, she demonstrates to the reader how to use higher-order thinking skills to decipher clues and piece together complicated puzzles. She's also a compassionate role model who befriends a hearing-impaired boy and learns to sign in the first book, and helps her BFF deal with dyslexia in the second. If this sounds interesting to you, please let me know!

Jaime Buckley (wantedhero) | 23 comments Carrie, that sounds very interesting to me. Let me think about this on how I could set that up.

I hoping I'm not the only author who wants to make sure their books and branding doesn't go off target. That being said--my personal definition of a "hero" is someone who does for another what they cannot do for themselves. From your description, Skylar definitely fits that description.

Let me sleep on it, but so you know...I like the idea of a guest post(s). Thanks for the idea...will get back to you!

Jaime Buckley (wantedhero) | 23 comments Ok, thought about this a lot Carrie and I think doing some guest blogs and interviews with authors who have heroes that children can look up to is a fantastic idea.

If you have one or more posts you'd like to do, lets talk directly (I'll send a private message with my email).

I'm excited =).

-Jaime

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Cross (carrie-cross) | 32 comments Me too! You can message me at https://www.facebook.com/teendetectiv...