Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

The trailer!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah So the trailer premiered on MTV two days ago, and I'm just now getting around to watching it. One word: AMAZING. They incorporated so many of the little details! Except for Tris's blonde hair. That's still a sore spot for me.

Bipasha shailene doesnt fit as tris BUT #IHaveFaith.
KATE WINSLET IS AMAZING.
as for theo as four, no. just no. no.no.no.no.
NO!

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Bipasha wrote: "shailene doesnt fit as tris BUT #IHaveFaith.
KATE WINSLET IS AMAZING.
NO!"

I've been doubtful about the cast from the very beginning (except Jeanine, obviously.) I'm trying to keep the faith though.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall I watched it yesterday and the main problem that bugged me was that Shailene(Tris of course) looked like she was thirteen at the oldest and Four/Theo James, like he was thirty. Anyone else see that?

It was, good. The building jump scene caused me to catch my breath with wide eyes! but Theo James and Shailene Woodley are not optimum for their roles though to me. Honestly with the mandatory trailer-kissing they looked like they were wincing. All I can say is please don't make more dystopians YA genre! however impossible that may be...

*ranting over*

message 5: by Zhanaestilinski (last edited Aug 29, 2013 09:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zhanaestilinski Seems like they could've cut the trailer a little better. My favorite parts were all of the parts with Kate Winslet who, I can already tell, will steal all of the scenes she's in and the bit near the end where Four punches that cloned simulation and they all fall out in different directions. I forget which character it is but it looks cool.

I wasn't impressed the first time I saw it(Shailene is meh. Theo seems okay) but hey the music was good. I love trailer music! For the most part it was servicable--people were asking for it and they put one out there. Hopefully the next one focuses on her struggles to adapt to Dauntless and highlights the other factions.

Maaike Rosanna Briarswood wrote: "I watched it yesterday and the main problem that bugged me was that Shailene(Tris of course) looked like she was thirteen at the oldest and Four/Theo James, like he was thirty. Anyone else see that..."

Exactly!

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Maaike wrote: "Rosanna Briarswood wrote: "I watched it yesterday and the main problem that bugged me was that Shailene(Tris of course) looked like she was thirteen at the oldest and Four/Theo James, like he was t..."
I don't think Shailene looked thirteen. Tris is supposed to look young and small and Shailene looks like a woman. Theo is ten years older than Tobias is supposed to be, and he looks every bit of it.

Tess I'm sooooo excited for this movie!!! I don't care if Tris doesn't have blonde hair or if Four is too old. Theo James is hot! What more can you ask?

Diana I saw the trailer on youtube and I just cannot wait for the movie. If its as good as the book, then Im satisfied.

message 10: by Ayesha (new) - added it

Ayesha Tess wrote: "I'm sooooo excited for this movie!!! I don't care if Tris doesn't have blonde hair or if Four is too old. Theo James is hot! What more can you ask?"

I agree with you. I'm happy with the casting and the trailer was awesome. Can't wait for the movie!

message 11: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya I loved the trailer, and I can't wait for the movie! I will still love it even though I think Theo James just isn't Four the way Josh Hutcherson IS Peeta.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall Maaike wrote: "Rosanna Briarswood wrote: "I watched it yesterday and the main problem that bugged me was that Shailene(Tris of course) looked like she was thirteen at the oldest and Four/Theo James, like he was t..."

*high five*

Hannah each to their own but it seemed to me that Tris looked very childlike for a supposed sixteen year old. And Four was well I won't get started on that...:P

message 13: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya I think Tris Will be great...It's just I hope Theo James is a really good actor. And I hope he smiles at one point or another during the movie, which I have never seen him do.

message 14: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya No caps intended for the 'will'.

Julie Anyone else who's concerned with Theo James' accent?

message 16: by Mirkat (last edited Sep 03, 2013 09:56AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mirkat Julie wrote: "Anyone else who's concerned with Theo James' accent?"

Nope, I am no more concerned about his accent than I am with Kate Winslet's accent. He's an actor--I expect he wouldn't have been cast if he couldn't do a convincing American accent.

message 17: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah reick I can't wait for the movie!! I am soo excited. Why do people care about what the actors look like so much what only matters if they are a good actor and can play the part right and why do people care about hair color its just hair!!! hair does not change anything about the movie. with that said I am so excited for march I cant wait time go faster

Arden Im not really happy with how tobias turned out...but meh...john green assures me that shailene is an amazing actor *I know divergents not his book but shailenes playing hazel in a movie adaption of his book*
also i'm not expecting it to be perfectly like the movie so they seem to have the basics down and it seems pretty good...and that's from a very accepting point of view just fyi..I could be crazy fangirl right now but i'm not gonna do that :)

message 19: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat OMG. i saw the trailer 2 and i got to say it was better then the hunger games. they put that scene one where four throws knifes at tris that made me scream.... no joke. i am hoping the actor playing tobias lives up to his roll. i am a little iffy about him but will see. iam going total fangirl... cant wait!!!!!

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Kathia wrote: "OMG. i saw the trailer 2 and i got to say it was better then the hunger games. they put that scene one where four throws knifes at tris that made me scream.... no joke. i am hoping the actor playin..."

I screamed too. AND WHEN THE KNIFE NICKS HER EAR

Cameron oh my gosh! when the knife nicked her ear...... I literally started crying from excitement!!!!

message 22: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya Yeah!! I so can't wait!! I love Divergent.

Juliet Bipasha wrote: "shailene doesnt fit as tris BUT #IHaveFaith.
KATE WINSLET IS AMAZING.
NO!"

I completely agree with you

Loony I think I will be having a hard time adjusting and accepting the casts. I will TRY to love FourTris and even Tori. I like Cristina though. The building jump and the ear are the ones I liked in the trailer.

Yes, I agree with Zhanaestilinski. I'd love to see the other factions.

message 25: by Atty (new) - rated it 5 stars

Atty Eve Very excited, 2014 is so far away

message 26: by Michael (new)

Michael Pearce Looks interesting- I haven't read the book.

Wells Margo Bipasha wrote: "shailene doesnt fit as tris BUT #IHaveFaith.
KATE WINSLET IS AMAZING.
NO!"

Yeah I totally agree, i hate the actors they chose for tris and four. four is totally wrong! I don't even want to see the movie that much cuz they chose such a wrong person fer four

message 28: by Atty (new) - rated it 5 stars

Atty Eve i can't wait. i hope they have a midnight showing, i love those

message 29: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Anyone have a link for the trailer?

message 31: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Thanks...