City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Looking for series or books to the mortal instruments.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caity (last edited Aug 28, 2013 02:38PM) (new)

Caity I'm looking for more books similar in genres to the mortal instruments series. I'm in middle of reading the series, ill read the infernal devices afterwards. I've already read twilight. I love both the series. No amine books please, not interested in reading them. Any suggestions with angels, werewolves, demons, and vampires would be very helpful.

Elisa Onat You can read the serie "hush hush" by becca fitzpatrick :D There are 4 books, and it is about angels.

Mariana Read Divergent; sorry, there's nothing out there EXACTLY like TID, but the Divergent series is pretty good.

message 4: by Caity (new)

Caity Thanks for the help. I doesn't have to be exactly like TMI or TID. Just similar as in genres.

Kyren Try Hex Hall or Ruby Red. Touch of Frost is also very good.

Michaela I'd recommend reading:

Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.
The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong.
The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa.
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter.
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa.
Black City by Elizabeth Richards.

Hope this helps :)

message 7: by Lea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lea the Shadow falls series by c.c. hunter was really really really good -- the first book is 'born at midnight'

message 8: by Caity (new)

Caity Thanks ELISA for the suggestion. I read hush hush and loved it. I'm on crescendo now and silence after.

April I would suggest:
1. The Divergent series by Veronica Roth
2. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
3. Shiver, Linger and Forever (The wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy) by Maggie Stiefvater
4. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead (Best vampire books ever in my opinion and the first one has been made into a movie that's releasing next year!! I'm soooo excited!!)
5. Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead (which is a spinoff of VA)
6. Caster Chonicles series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos and Beautiful Redemption) *side note- they are my FAV witch series EVER and in my top 5 fav series!!*

message 10: by Caity (new)

Caity Thanks I just bought divergent, and beautiful creatures yesterday. Haven't started them yet, I'm in the middle of two books right now.

Nadia Fallen
Vampire Academy
The Iron King
beautiful creatures
Delirium
Eve

Nadia oh and the goddess test

Nicole I would definetely recommend tne Divergent trilogy (Allegiant comes out in Oct.). I absolutely love those books, and I'm a huge fan of TMI and TID.
The Hunger Games is also awesome; especially the first one.
And if you want even more TMI, there are the Bane Chronicles, if you haven't read those yet. :)

Victhing#1 Shatter Me By: Tahereh Mafi