Lovers of Paranormal discussion

The Grave Winner (The Grave Winner #1)
This topic is about The Grave Winner
ARCHIVED R2R's > R2R {272} The Grave Winner COMPLETED

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (last edited Nov 04, 2013 03:08PM) (new)

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort  (carriebookfairy) | 2889 comments Mod
Please read the Rules and Information before signing up for a review.
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...
You MUST add this book to your Currently Reading shelf!
Reminder- You can only have two R2R books at a time!

Title: The Grave Winner
Author: Lindsey R. Loucks
Genre: YA Paranormal/Fantasy Romance
Length: 238 pages
Synopsis - Leigh Baxton is terrified her mom will come back from the dead -- just like the prom queen did.
While the town goes beehive over the news, Leigh bikes to the local cemetery and buries some of her mom’s things in her grave to keep her there. When the hot and mysterious caretaker warns her not to give gifts to the dead, Leigh cranks up her punk music and keeps digging.
She should have listened.
Two dead sorceresses evicted the prom queen from her grave to bury someone who offered certain gifts. Bury them alive, that is, then resurrect them to create a trio of undead powerful enough to free the darkest sorceress ever from her prison inside the earth.
With help from the caretaker and the dead prom queen, Leigh must find out what’s so special about the gifts she gave, and why the sorceresses are stalking her and her little sister. If she doesn’t, she’ll either lose another loved one or have to give the ultimate gift to the dead – herself.

The first 10 of reviewers people to sign up below leaving their email address will receive a free copy of this e-book PDF, Mobi, ePub format for review.

Reviewers
1 T.M. (BookAndCoffeeAddict 5
2 Jeanne (twowetcats) 4
3 Tori (josie641) 3
4 Tracey (traceyann1180) 4
5 Denise (dz59001) 4
6 Deanna(ldsbunny1) 4
7 Nicole (Nr.0012) 4
8 Debbie (debway230) 5
9 Valencia (Valencia_oj_98) 4
10 Satarupa (satarupa-biswas) 4

*Note you have two weeks to read and review. Please post your review on Goodreads AND one of the following Amazon, Barnes and Nobles or Smashwords as well as post a link to this thread in the comments section. Make sure review is at least 5 sentences.
PLEASE give me a couple days to get your book to you. I try but, sometimes life gets in the way!
If you are wondering where your book is please message or email me.
Don't forget to add to your CURRENTLY READING SHELF!!!!
please remember to state the following
I received this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP or Lovers of Paranormal)
The reason I am asking for this is to get some exposure for out group so please help out.

**It is ILLEGAL to share e-books. This copy is for your enjoyment and review only. respecting the author's hard work!

Carrie (Book Fairy)
R2R Program Mod
carrie_loversofparanormal@yahoo.com
Lovers of Paranormal
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7...

Tiffany Michele (BookAndCoffeeAddict) (tiffanymichele) | 18 comments This sounds fantastic. Can I have an ePub copy please? BookAndCoffeeAddict@gmail.com

Jeanne Drzewiecki I have one R2R book set to start but this one sounds too good to pass up. I could appreciate a copy!
twowetcats@aol.com

Tracey I'd love to read and review this! Mobie file please traceyann1180@gmail.com

Denise | 30 comments Would love to read this one :) PDF or mobi please. dz59001[at]gmail[dot]com

Deanna (deannalaw) | 21 comments Sounds too good to pass up! Can I have a pdf copy please? ldsbunny1@yahoo.com

message 7: by Debbie (last edited Aug 28, 2013 08:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debbie (debbie_munro) | 424 comments Sounds like a great book. Please could you send me a copy, if you have a slot available for me. Email is debway230@bigpond.com. Would love it in kindle or PDF form. Ta x

Tiffany Michele (BookAndCoffeeAddict) (tiffanymichele) | 18 comments Nicole- ePub is nook, Mobi is Kindle :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd love to read this one. Valencia_oj_98@hotmail.com
kindle format or pdf. Thanks a million!!!

Satarupa (cutesatarupa) I would love to read this in mobi format plz. Thanks! satarupa-biswas@hotmail.com

message 11: by April (new) - added it

April Alvey Would love this please pdf butterfli262002@Yahoo.com

message 12: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (new)

Nancy wrote: "I'd love to read it if you have another slot available - nan.mcguire@gmail.com - thanks!"

What format hun

Tracey Finished and reviewed on Goodreads. Posting it to Amazon now. Thanks, Carrie! It was a great read :)

The Grave Winner (The Grave Winner #1) The Grave Winner by Lindsey R. Loucks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP or Lovers of Paranormal)

I was worried when I realized the main character was only fifteen. I wasn't sure if I wanted to follow around someone that young for an entire book, but she was extremely well written. Mature without being unrealistically so, funny and quirky without being silly and ridiculous. I ended up really enjoying her voice.

Also, I loved how downright creepy this book was. The risen cheerleader freaked me out along with other elements that I won't mention because I don't want to ruin their presentation in the story. It was very original and I liked the idea of the story. Honestly, I got a little bored toward the end because there was a sudden burst of information on how the supernatural elements all worked, the rules of the supernaturals and new types of creatures were introduced. However, it is the start of a series so this was bound to happen. Like the pilot of a TV show. They have a lot to tell you, they need to get you hooked so you'll continue on with the story and they don't have a lot of time to do it all.

But this book is worth getting hooked on. I really did enjoy the story as it was well written, original and contains interesting characters I came to care about. Definitely worth reading and recommending.

View all my reviews

Satarupa (cutesatarupa) Thanks a ton for this read, I really enjoyed it a lot.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Debbie (debbie_munro) | 424 comments The Grave Winner by Lindsey R. Loucks

I received this book in exchange for an honest review by the Author and the “Lovers of Paranormal “Group on Goodreads.com
An original book with a fantastic concept and brilliant story line. It is well written with a plot that is clear and easy to follow, but without being predictable. I would describe it as a YA paranormal fantasy, but with a horror element to it. It was a fun read, packed with action, mystery and intrigue. The characters are well thought out, some you will warm to, some will make you think and others are just plain creepy. This book is a page turner which I thoroughly enjoyed (and could not put down). I have no hesitation in recommending this book to anyone who enjoys YA or PN. Thank you to Lindsey R. Loucks for a great read.

message 17: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (new)

Tracey wrote: "Finished and reviewed on Goodreads. Posting it to Amazon now. Thanks, Carrie! It was a great read :)

The Grave Winner by Lindsey R. Loucks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I received this book in excha..."

Sweetie in future if you can just post link for GR review instead of whole review PLZ
Other thank that FABULOUS

message 18: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (new)

Debbie wrote: "The Grave Winner by Lindsey R. Loucks

I received this book in exchange for an honest review by the Author and the “Lovers of Paranormal “Group on Goodreads.com
An original book with a fantastic co..."

Debbie hun in future PLZ only post the link for the GR review great review btw!

message 19: by Tiffany (last edited Sep 10, 2013 11:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deanna (deannalaw) | 21 comments Thank you for the opportunity to read this book! The synopsis hooked me, and I wasn't disappointed! :)

Link:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...

Also posted on Amazon

Jeanne Drzewiecki here is my review - sorry for the delay!
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Jeanne