YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Burn Bright (Night Creatures, #1)
This topic is about Burn Bright
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Burn Bright (Night Creatures #1) by Marianne de Pierres - Restarting February 15th 2015

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83082 comments Mod
Retra braves the intense pain of her obedience strip, and stows away to seek her brother Joel, gone two years for Ixion - island of ever-night, ever-youth and never-sleep. Retra is a Seal – sealed minds, sealed community - no craving for parties or pleasure.

What are the Night Creatures Retra can see in the shadows? What happens to those who grow too old for Ixion? Without Joel, is her eternal bond with a Riper guardian enough to save her?

Listen well, baby bats. Burn bright, but do not stray from the paths. Remember, when you live in a place of darkness you also live with creatures of the dark.

Abbie and I will be reading this one September 3rd 2013. Everybody welcome ☺

I'm quite excited to read this one, I've heard really good things about it! Was so happy to pick these up for free on kindle!

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Me too!
I hadn't heard anything about them until you pointed out the first book being free.
It was a bonus to get the whole series.

I'm hoping it's going to be good as we have them all!

Starting soon. :)

10% - Okay so far, nothing great though.

Sorry, I got jumped by the mummy mafia and forced to be social! won't be able to start til after dinner now :(

Haha, Mummy mafia, That's funny.

I'm only at 10% still, got pulled into babysitting. :(

lovely. not. I hate it when kids wet themselves, and their parents think its appropriate to take their clothes off and let them run around someone else's house naked! I might have gotten slightly annoyed today!

3% This book is weird. it's like this ixion place is neverland or something.

the way there's an age limit for example.

message 12: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah wrote: "lovely. not. I hate it when kids wet themselves, and their parents think its appropriate to take their clothes off and let them run around someone else's house naked! I might have gotten slightly a..."

Kids wetting themselves / puking isn't an uncommon thing, shouldn't they have a spare set of clothes? I agree, that is a bit inappropriate!

Probably won't be able to get much of this read today. :( Things keep popping up!

14% (view spoiler)

15% (view spoiler)

message 15: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah wrote: "the way there's an age limit for example."

I was thinking that. Wonder how old classes as too old?

message 16: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah wrote: "15% "All we want is for you to pleasure yourselves"
That sounds so wrong!"

I had the same reaction!

16% Retra recoiled from his dangling nakedness
Is it wrong that that really made me laugh!

30% This is weird, and I'm not impressed. not sure whether I even want to carry on reading at the moment.

message 19: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah wrote: "30% This is weird, and I'm not impressed. not sure whether I even want to carry on reading at the moment."

Aw, really? :(
I'm still at 18%, it's okay, a bit boring though.

I'm wondering what the author was on when she wrote this. It's like one big drug-induced trip! I haven't the faintest idea what is going on, and I'm not sure that I care.

message 21: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

I don't think i'll be reading the other two, then!

I don't think I will be either. Maybe it would make more sense if I was drunk?

message 23: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah wrote: "I don't think I will be either. Maybe it would make more sense if I was drunk?"

Hah, probably! :)

65% I cannot believe what I have just read! Of all the trippy kinky weird things that are happening, this really takes the biscuit (view spoiler)

message 25: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

This one looks like it get's worse, not better!
Don't think i'll carry on!

I'm not really sure what to think. It is seriously trippy. The silly thing is that i went to bed last night and couldn't get it out of my head, just cause it was so weird. I might try and finish it now. The last bit i read was just so bizarre though! total mind twist.

and it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger. no idea how i'm supposed to rate this!

message 28: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

Ah, doesn't get better then?
Think i'll leave it then, i'm still only at 18%!

It's just weird. it reminds me of that scene in trainspotting where the main character is withdrawing from heroin and sees all these weird things and stuff. totally bizarre.

message 30: by Abbie (new) - rated it 1 star

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Restarting July 17th.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 31: by Ekaterine (new) - added it

Ekaterine (thegoddess) | 370 comments Starting now!

message 32: by Ekaterine (new) - added it

Ekaterine (thegoddess) | 370 comments I didn't know this is a Dystopia. 10% and still enjoying it. Little creepy and too much new terms at once but I'm getting hang of it.

message 33: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Can this date pls be changed to the 15th of Feb 2015 pls? :)

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting February 15th 2015. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 35: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Thanks Sarah!!

message 36: by Maddie (new) - added it

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46280 comments Mod

message 37: by Maddie (new) - added it

Oops sorry for not replying haha. I haven't forgotten about this, but I'm just so crazy behind I haven't gotten around to reading my buddy reads even from back in January, so I've got 2 months to catch up on. I don't know when I'll get around to reading it. I'll post here when I start though.

message 38: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I am going to skip this one too then. Sorry Maddie! School ended up being much more than I could handle and I didn't get much read this month.

message 39: by Maddie (new) - added it

Yeah same for me too!

Still not read it :p Don't even know why I've kept this thread.