Small Government Book Fan Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Lewis (sjlewis) | 263 comments Regarding Miley Cyrus, who I've managed to pretty much ignore up until recently...

All forms of attention are not the same
And notoriety is not fame.

message 2: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 1445 comments Mod
Oh come on S.J.! I thought you were going to give us another essay!

Miley got her 15 minutes... What is interesting to me is the feminists for some reason are not thrilled. Maybe if she was making out with a woman it would have been more acceptable?

message 3: by Jack (new)

Jack (jackjuly) | 254 comments I'm going to quote one of my heroes in the conservative movement, Dana Loesch. She needs to get acquainted with two words. Jesus and squats.

message 4: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Lewis (sjlewis) | 263 comments I didn't think the subject matter warranted an essay. I'm sure something else will turn up that does.
I haven't been contributing much lately because I was suffering from some health problems. I put most of them down to the inevitable decline of aging, but the loss of concentration and balance had me seriously worried. I'm doing much better now.

message 5: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 1445 comments Mod
From the always brilliant Camille Paglia...
http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/27/pops...

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 467 comments Just another thought. I've been enjoying Person of Interest for the time it's been on but now they're introducing a secret group as opponents of the main characters. AND OF COURSE they seem to be a conservative group obsessed with the American Revolution.

You know like all the real world terrorists.o_O

Right.....

message 7: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Lewis (sjlewis) | 263 comments The other night I happened t see a commercial for a computer game. Some of the graphics included watching a great city rise from empty terrain. I couldn't help imagining a game in which one starts with a great city and gradually reduces it to wasteland. It could be called 'Detroitopolis'.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 467 comments You may have a money maker there.