Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Books like Anita Blake

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenell (new)

Brenell (paranormal_bookworm94) | 1 comments I am in desperate need of help! I'm literally at the point where I cannot find anything I like to read. I loved the Anita Blake Series (yes even the later ones....especially the later ones lol!) I am looking for a series that follows the same characters throughout, that has lots of violence, strong female protagonist,and sex.

I have already read:
Merry Gentry series
Black Dagger Brotherhood
Nigh Huntress
Woman of the Other world
Riley Jenson
Dresden Files
Cassandra Palmer (but I thought the dialogue was dreadful)
Fever Series
House of Night
Sookie Stackhosue

Please no YA series recommendations, I find them a bit annoying :)

Thank you so much in advance!

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (cerrowyn) | 2 comments Try the following:

Darynda Jones - Charly Davidson
Patricia Briggs - Mercedes Thompson and Alpha + Omega
Christine Feehan - Seven Sisters and there is an off shoot series as well
Carrie Vaughn - Kitty Norville
Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunters
Anne Bishop - Written in Red

If those don't work, hit me back and I'll see if I can find anything else.

Jamie

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 7 comments I like the Kitty Norvel series by Carrie Vaughn and Mercedes Thompson series is pretty good too.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisancandice) | 32 comments Let me try again, Sherilynn Kenyon, Dark Hunters and D.B. Reynolds, Vampires in America series, you will love Cyn. Also real good is Karin Tabke, she has a three book series that's smokin HOT with strong female lead, her name is Fallon, I think the first is Bloodlaw. Good luck, hope this helps.

message 5: by Cali Nicole (new)

Cali Nicole (nicolejeanpierre) | 2 comments Trina M. Lee's Alexa O'Brien Series is very similar to LKH!

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Well, if I could think right now. . . God, but pain killers really mess with your memory, ya know? There is a very good series where the main character is covered with what look like tattoos--only they are actually these little demon like creatures. They have been passed down from mother to daughter in her family since the beginning of time. It is her duty to kill all the evil demons that take over human bodies and make the person who they've taken over do all kinds of horrible things. The "head" demon that she sort of battles (but sort of not--there is appearantly some kind of agreement that goes back to her first ancestor) is called Blood Mama.

I really WISH I could think of the title right now. And, the reason for the pain killers is--I'm packing up all 4k or so of my books so that we can have our house appraised so we can find out if we can afford to move down to the beaches in NC.

Well, I'll try tomorrow and see if I can remember what the series is called or not. And if I can't--hopefully I'll be able to focus more and can read through all my many, many, MANY book titles here on GR.

message 7: by Missyb (last edited Oct 02, 2013 08:23PM) (new)

Missyb | 493 comments Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken dragons. lots of sex, violence, Annwyln the Bloody.
The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston shifters, some have more violence then others, all have sex. Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley
Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian found this one from a "if you like the BDB series, you'll like this one"
Bad Blood (Crimson Moon, #1) by L.A. Banks A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole
Vampire Vacation (The V V Inn, #1) by C.J. Ellisson Tons of sex

message 8: by Franny (last edited May 24, 2014 07:21AM) (new)

Franny Schantl | 2 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Well, if I could think right now. . . God, but pain killers really mess with your memory, ya know? There is a very good series where the main character is covered with what look like tattoos--only ..."

I know these were posted last year, but is this the series you were referring to: The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M. Liu.

Thanks for posting everyone.. these have helped me too. :)

message 9: by Dahrose (new)

Dahrose | 55 comments Strong female, kick ass, with police backing who takes on the supernatural - definitely need to read Eileen Wilks Lupi series - Lily Yu, the heroine, is similar to the Anita Blake who appears in the first few books of the series.
Start with Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1) by Eileen Wilks

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 88 comments Witchling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #1) by Yasmine Galenorn

This series is a great one to read if you love lots of sex scenes....and it deals with lots of supernatural creatures.....3 sisters: one is a witch, one is a vampire, and one is a changeling..... I love this series and I can't tell you how many times I've re-read it....

message 12: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments I'm not sure you are going to find much in comparison to Anita Blake...I mean, her vagina is a superpower. The Riley Jenson was great, but I see you've read that one. I'll have to think a little on this one.

message 13: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments Have you tried anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon?

message 14: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments This Case Is Gonna Kill Me by Phillipa Bornikova says it's like Anita...

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Tempted By Books (michelletemptedbybooks) | 195 comments ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ wrote: "I'm not sure you are going to find much in comparison to Anita Blake...I mean, her vagina is a superpower. The Riley Jenson was great, but I see you've read that one. I'll have to think a little on..."

LMAO!