9G 2013-14 discussion

What has your experience with reading been like?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liemberger (new)

Liemberger | 5 comments Mod
In 8-10 sentences, explain how you view reading and why you feel this way. Some questions you might want to consider when constructing your response are:

What books have I enjoyed reading and why?
What books have I not enjoyed reading and why?
Do you read on a regular basis even when you don't have to for school?
Do you think it is important to read on a regular basis?

message 2: by Shakeimah (last edited Sep 06, 2013 11:20AM) (new)

Shakeimah | 1 comments Reading for me has been a very good experience. Some of the books that i have enjoyed reading is Amongst Thieves and Hoodwinked. The reason I like these books are because I can relate to what happens in the book because it happens all the time around me. A Book I have not enjoyed reading is Holes. The reason i don't like this book is because i like to picture myself inside the stories. With Holes I cant because its boring to me. To be truthful, no i do not read on a regular basis. I only Ready When I'm Bored. Other than that I ALWAYS read in school. Yes I do think its important to read on a regular basis. The reason I think its important is because it teaches you how to become a better reader and more advanced on your vocabulary.

message 3: by Tyjae (last edited Sep 06, 2013 11:23AM) (new)

Tyjae H | 4 comments The books I have read and enjoyed reading them was Catching Fire, Hunger Games, and Mocking Jay. Some books I haven't enjoyed was Diary of Anne Frank.I didnt enjoy Diary of Anne Frank because it wasnt very exciting to me, it was a play but the students picked on to be a part of the play made the play really boring.I do not really read on the regular basics,only when I have to for school I do. I do thinks its important to read on a regular basis. I should begin to start reading on my own even when a homework assignment isn't assigned.

message 4: by Jarredb (new)

Jarredb | 3 comments i book i enjoyed was 13 reason way because it was a fun book to read and i can really understand and had a lot of action. i do not like book with no action and books i cant understand. i do not read when i not in school. reading is important because u can get smart.

message 5: by Eddie (new)

Eddie | 1 comments The book that I read and enjoyed was the Outsiders. The Outsiders was a great book because it always caught my attention and it was very interesting. The book that I didn't enjoy was Night. I didn't enjoy it because it was so boring and uninteresting. In do not read on a regular basis when I'm not in school. I don't read a lot because reading is boring to me.I don't think its important because reading isn't very important to me. But I think its only important to read when I'm suppose to.

message 6: by Tariqm (new)

Tariqm | 4 comments I enjoyed reading the Night book because I really like the type of genre. those type of genre i grow up on because it was always fun to watch when I had nothing else to do.
I really didn't enjoy the son of the mob because it really was dry. It didn't have people dieing, getting shot a lot, or it was bearly action into the book.
I read once and a blue moon because i bearly be in the house. I really be at the YMCA.
I really do think that it is important because you can get you voacb. level up, your gramme, etc..

By: TariqM

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher P. | 1 comments The book that i enjoyed the most was Son of the Mob because i like books where you can see what happens on the other side of the law.

message 8: by Briannah (new)

Briannah S | 6 comments A book that I enjoy reading is Night By Elie Wiesel a reason why I like this book is because Eli and his father stuck together throughout the whole book.
For example, when the was walking to another block far away somewhere his father was giving up and he had faith in him and told him he could get through it.
I didn't enjoy reading Charlotte Web. Charlotte Web was a entertaining book but i disliked how the dad tried to give Gilbert away and his daughter really loved that pig. i also don't like how he didn't care about nothing his daughter was saying that was wrong.
I don't actually read on the regular basis but I do read about a little of a book before i go to bed. Reading I'm not a big fan of but i can get through reading some books do entertain me but i dont pay most books no mind.
I Honestly think reading is important because how can you get to know things and it gives you more knowledge. Reading is a important subject in life.

message 9: by Alfred (new)

Alfred Jallah | 4 comments I really enjoy reading 13 reason why because it have a lot of drama. Night was really corning like,that book had me sleeping.No i don't read on a regular basis.yes,because the more you read the better you get.

message 10: by Bria (new)

Bria Mabine | 1 comments I like reading when its a interesting book. I do think its very important to read even when we not in school but i just don't. Well what ever is on my phone i read but i don't read books on the unless i have to. A book that i enjoyed reading was 13 reason why, i liked it because it had you wondering what was going to happen next. I did not like reading night. I didn't like it because it was to sad and that should be something you learn and have to read about one time. 13 reasons why was sad too but the holocaust was worst. The way everything was in the story was just sad. What happened to Hannah Baker was sad as well but night just had you feeling weird.

message 11: by TAYLOR (last edited Sep 08, 2013 03:49PM) (new)

TAYLOR | 3 comments I LIKE READING THE BOOK ROOTS . THE FIRST REASON WHY I LIKE READING THE BOOK ROOTS BEACUSE IT SHOWS HOW SLAVES WEre TREATED BACK IN THE DAY. THE NEXT REASON WHY I LIKE THE BOOK ROOTS IS BECAUSE BECAUSE IT SHOWS YOU HOW SLAVERY WAS. NEXT , I LIKE THE BOOK ROOTS BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU GRATEFUL FOR WHAT THEY DID FOR YOU. ALSO, I LIKE THE BOOK BECAUSE ITS SHOWS ABOUT FAMILY HISTORY. FUTHERMORE, I LIKE THE BOOK ROOTS BEACUSE IT SHOWS YOU DIFFERENT GENERATIONS.INADDTION, I LIKE THE BOOK ROOTS BEACUSE I LIKE THE CHARTERS NAME LIKE KUNTA KINTE. And to answer that question do I read when I'm not in school is no. The book that I really don't reading is son of the mob because it is confusing to me. Also I don't believe it is important 2 read on the daily basis .

message 12: by Gavin (new)

Gavin G | 1 comments What books have I enjoyed reading and why?
I enjoyed Night because i enjoy that type of genre,
i found it ineredting because it taught me what it was like during that period. It made it even more ineresting because it was a child my age trying to survive through the holocaust no matter what happened.

What books have I not enjoyed reading and why?
I did not like Uncommon Champions because it had to many stories in one book and it was hard keeping along. Im not saying it was a bad story i just didn't like the concept.

Do you read on a regular basis even when you don't have to for school?
No i do not read on a regular basis.

Do you think it is important to read on a regular basis?
Yes,Very. I must get in the habbit of reading more.

message 13: by Henry (last edited Sep 08, 2013 04:49PM) (new)

Henry L | 4 comments I enjoy reading Son of the mob because i can understand the book and i can also connect with one of the characters. I don't enjoy reading Twilight because the book is so long. No I don't read book in the daily basis. I think it important to read in the daily basis because if you read everyday you'll get smarter. Another reason why I think reading in the daily basis is important because if you don't read on the daily basis then u don't have a lot vocabulary.The third reason why basis is important because if you don't read then you can't things like signs. The way i view reading is boring because im not really a reading kind of person.The forth reason why is important to read in the daily basis because u can read expiration dates in food.

message 14: by Emmitt (new)

Emmitt H | 5 comments I have enjoyed reading in the past if it was my choice of book. I like books that aren't boring and has something to do with life. I haven't enjoyed reading over the years because it wasn't a lot of books that interest me. I haven't enjoyed more so because the books that I actually seen that wasn't a school assignment was boring to me it was a whole lot of fiction. I used to read on the regular basis sometimes but it not the first thing on my mind. I would read more if there was books that I like. I think it is important to read on the regular basis so u can have a steady flow of speed when your reading. I also think it important to read on the regular basis because reading has a lot of things to offer in life

message 15: by Nijayej (new)

Nijayej | 2 comments Reading for me has been an exciting experience. I enjoy reading it depends on what type of book it is. I take interest in books about romance,mystery,crimes, and young adult life.If I had a choice those are the book that i would read. like the book 13 reasons why, i enjoyed that book because you never knew what the character Hannah Baker was gonna say next.Also who would be on the next tape next about the reason why she is not alive.You never knew what clay was going to think about what she was saying so when you think about it it was kind of like a mystery.I have not enjoyed books that are fake like when you think about you say "that could never happen", or books that are boring like a book i once read before called "A single shard".That book was not in my interest it was a tedious book, and i would never read it again.To be honest i do not read on a regular basis. if i find a book that i think i would really like i would read it, but i mainly only read for school if i have a assignment and now for SSR. I think it is important to read on a regular basis because you can increase you vocabulary and if its a history book learn things that you never knew before. you can become wiser and stimulate your mind when you read. so yes it is important and i should learn to love reading and read more often.

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael S | 3 comments The book I enjoyed reading was 5 people you meet in heaven because it explains how people can impact your life even if u don't know them. The book i least enjoy was night, it was boring and I don't like books that are historic. No i do not read on a regular basis even when i don't have school. And I think its important to read in a daily basic

message 17: by Chyna (new)

Chyna Andrews | 1 comments I completely hate reading books, mostly boring books. With that being said I do think reading is important, because you have to do it your whole life. I also thing that reading books for projects or school work is will improve your reading and vocabulary for future uses. I only read when its needed for a school project, and i truly never enjoy it. One book i have recently read was Thirteen Reasons Why, i really did enjoy that book, because there was different things happening for different reasons. Another book i have also read recently was Night, i was the worst book ever, it didn't have a interesting part in that book at all, besides when the got drafted away from there homes. Reading can help you in may everyday things, such as school work or just spending a day out with your friends. I only read because it helps me with many task, and hopefully my reading improve alot more this school year.