College Students! discussion

Reading Goals/ Challenges > Fall/Winter 2013-14: Important Announcements and Updates:

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
This thread is for important announcements, general information and updates throughout the challenge. We will be posting special twists and surprises as we did for the past challenges.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 250 comments Tami wrote: "Books for task 15.3:"

from Kelly R.: The Arrivals by Melissa Marr

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Tami wrote: "Books for task 15.3:"

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com (miss_jana) | 125 comments Tami wrote: "Books for task 15.3:"

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

message 6: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 686 comments Tami wrote: "Books for task 15.3:"

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

message 7: by Kayla (last edited Aug 30, 2013 12:10PM) (new)

Kayla | 604 comments Tami wrote: "Books for task 15.3:"

A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

message 8: by Allison (new)

Allison | 179 comments Tami wrote: "Books for task 15.3:"

The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom

message 9: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Yes, I forgot. I was going to have you all message me with them. Either way, post them here or message me and I will get them added to top post so there will be a master list. :) Told you all, I have been completely spacey!

message 10: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Allison wrote: "Tami wrote: "Books for task 15.3:"

The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom"

I remember loving this book, but it was sooooo long ago, probably due for a reread. Especially since I think I was 10 when I first read it. Probably will make much more sense and impact now.

message 11: by Allison (new)

Allison | 179 comments Tami wrote: "Allison wrote: "Tami wrote: "Books for task 15.3:"

The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom"

I remember loving this book, but it was sooooo long ago, probably due for a reread. Especially since I thin..."

Ha ha! I read it when I was younger as well. I was talking with a friend who reminded me of it and I decided to reread just recently.

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rmtb) | 62 comments For 15.3 - The Collector by John Fowles

message 13: by Mickslibrarian (new)

Mickslibrarian The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen - just read this book and it was surprisingly good - wasn't planning on liking it.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 279 comments For task 15.3 from Melissa C. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samhanson) | 179 comments For 15.3 - On Beauty by Zadie Smith

message 16: by Martha (new)

Martha | 67 comments For 15.3- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

message 17: by Emily (last edited Sep 10, 2013 01:51PM) (new)

Emily (emilyknap) | 24 comments For White Elephant: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

message 18: by Adrianna (new)

Adrianna (adrilove) | 15 comments One of the favorite books that i have read this year, so here is my white elephant suggestion: The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

message 19: by Tami (last edited Oct 03, 2013 08:29AM) (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Task Replacement Twist: You can replace either a 5 or 10 or 15 point book with this twist. There are a lot of old discussion threads in our group. So, if you post a comment in 1, 2 or 3 of them you can change a book of your choice for the task. Here are the rules for this:

1. The thread must not have had any comments in the last 6 months.

2. The book you change must be read before October 15th.

3. If you are replacing a 5 point task, you must post on 1 outstanding thread. For a 10 point task, you must post on 2 outstanding threads. And for a 15 point task, you must post on 3 outstanding threads.

4. This can only be done to replace 1 book.

5. Make sure you post the switch when you post your points.

message 20: by Ana (new)

Ana | 65 comments A book to add to the white elephant list: The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Lauren (ashleyllauren) I am super late in starting this challenge - but oh well! My contribution for the white elephant is In Arabian Nights by Tahir Shah

message 22: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Congratulations to Bethany! She was first to finish the Fall/Winter Challenge and also had almost 2 months left. There is still time to finish up your lists. Ends March 31st.

message 23: by Megan (new)

Megan Task replacement??? to fit in a final book...

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 132 comments I'm with Megan! :)

message 25: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Okay, there are 6 days left. You can start and finish any book to replace a 5, 10 or 15 pt task!

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 132 comments Yay! Thanks Tami!!

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rmtb) | 62 comments Just checking, can we only do this switch once?!

message 28: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Since there is only a few more days, as long as you started the book on or after the 25th, I say you can use this switch as many times as you want. Remember books must be over the 150 page count.

message 29: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rmtb) | 62 comments Thanks!