Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories discussion

Jillian and Janet on Television Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 1207 comments Mod
I'm starting this discussion so I can post everything as it happens with the television adventure Jillian and I will be having in Chicago on September 7 (Saturday) --

The status to date -- we have your questions to the producer (thank you very much). We plan to do two sessions of taping on the Saturday. we have two hosts (both on at the same time, I believe). AND (we're excited about this) we have a make-up 'gal' and an assistant!!! We are jazzed about that, but I'm wondering what we will need an assistant for -- any guesses?

message 2: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments an assistant I am sure must hand things to the make up gal so she can keep her hands free to do her magic...wish I could be a fly on the wall.

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

I wish you could be there, too, Paula! Wish all of you could be there -- what a time we would have!

And, I didn't think of an assistant doing that -- makes sense. All I could think is maybe they will bring us water.

message 4: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (booklover_54) | 179 comments Make sure you have everything you need..water etc. And to make sure you are where you are supposed to be. Break a leg wish I could see it.

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments To be at your beck and call? I was thinking to get you water or to get things you may need.

You know I can see this experience ending up in a book.

message 6: by JanetTronstad (new)

It just might, Ausjenny! Maybe in several books!

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments True who knows what adventures may happen.

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments Yes, the assistant will be there getting anything that you could possibly need. How cool to have your own make-up girl. Are they going to have an audience?

message 9: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments From what I've heard, assistants just stay with you and take you everywhere you need to be, get you anything you need, etc. Basically that person just stays with you! Fun! Can't wait to hear all about it and see what happens!

message 10: by JanetTronstad (new)

Kathy -- yes, I understand there will be a small audience (maybe 20 people),

Valri -- that's true, they could be our guide (make sure we get from place to place okay and don't panic and bolt out the door when no one is looking.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 136 comments Have a wonderful time!

message 12: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments Watch the doorknobs! ;)

message 13: by JanetTronstad (new)

LOl, Melody, we will!

message 14: by Jeani (new)

Jeani | 38 comments I hope everything goes smoothly & you have fun! :)

message 15: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 71 comments Have a great time!

message 16: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (kathae) | 26 comments That's something I haven't done-sat in on a taping for a TV show. I think that would be a lot of fun. Hope yours goes well, Janet! Will the interview be posted online after it airs?

message 17: by JanetTronstad (new)

Kathy -- we're hoping to get chunks of the interview to put in a You Tube kind of format. So I'm pretty sure we'll have something -- whether or not it is the whole thing remains to be seen.

message 18: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments We're anxious to see just what you are able to do, Janet! How's Montana?

message 19: by JanetTronstad (new)

Montana is hot, Valri. I'm afraid Chicago will be to! But its nice to check in with my parents. They're doing good.

message 20: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 07, 2013 06:39AM) (new)

Today is the day -- knees knocking and smile in place.

Jillian and I are here in the hotel near the studio where we will go in a couple of hours to tape the interviews. We were each greeted last night with a huge fruit basket from the producer. We also received word last night that we will begin at 11:30 this morning (an hourSo glad for all of the questions you gave us.Makes us feel like you are here with us.

I'll report in later.

message 21: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Chin up Ladies, big day and we are there in spirit cheering you on............

message 22: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Paula-O!

message 23: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments I know you both will be great! Take us all in your hearts and know we are rooting for you! Imagine us all in the seats smiling :)

message 24: by JanetTronstad (new)

We'll do that, Valri!

message 25: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments I sent prayers for you! You should have a few more angels now. ;) Can't wait to hear all about it!!

message 26: by JanetTronstad (new)

We're just heading down to the lobby to get a taxi to go to the studio. Thanks for the prayers.

message 27: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments It should be over by now! Can't wait to hear your impressions Janet and Jillian!

message 28: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Was wondering how it was going. I am sure its over now and cant wait to hear more. have a great time together.

message 29: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Probably out to eat and talk it all over again, I know they had to do well-we are talking Janet and Jillian here....

message 30: by JanetTronstad (new)

We just got back to the hotel! The producer and crew took us to dinner afterwards. I am doing a 9:00 to midnight taping session, too, so I need to leave shortly to do that. I think we did well although we didn't get nearly as much mentioned as we had hoped. I'll report more tomorrow.

message 31: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments So glad the first part is done! Good luck on the second part, Janet!

message 32: by Barbara (last edited Sep 07, 2013 09:06PM) (new)

Barbara | 148 comments I just got back home from Chicago, and Janet and Jillian both did a wonderful job, and looked so pretty! There was a beautiful wedding cake and pizza after the first taping. I wasn't able to stay for Janet's later taping, but they should be very proud of the job they did.

message 33: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments How fun that you got to be there, Barb! Did you get to talk to J & J at all or were they too "caught up" in what they had to do with the production?

message 34: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Oh cool Barbara I bet you had a great time.

message 35: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 148 comments Valri wrote: "How fun that you got to be there, Barb! Did you get to talk to J & J at all or were they too "caught up" in what they had to do with the production?"

Yes, I was able to talk to them both. I saw them before they went to get ready and afterward during the pizza and cake.

message 36: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Barbara wrote: "I just got back home from Chicago, and Janet and Jillian both did a wonderful job, and looked so pretty! There was a beautiful wedding cake and pizza after the first taping. I wasn't able to stay f..."

thanks for the update Barbara, glad you could be there

message 37: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 08, 2013 08:03AM) (new)

It was a delight to have Barbara with us, but we felt you were all there with us in spirit. I did the final taping session last night (got home at 12:30) and thought it went very well.

message 38: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments Glad the "movie stars" both did well! Now we'll just wait to see when WE can see what they did :)

message 39: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) Janet and Jill, you were QUEENS FOR A DAY!

I'll be excited if some gets on YouTube, etc.

And Barbara, how exciting that you got to go!!!

message 40: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments It sounds like it was a wonderful day! So glad you got to go, Barbara! Can't wait to see it!

message 41: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments Yay! So glad it went well. :) My internet has been acting up and I haven't been able to check back in. It was driving me crazy. :)

message 42: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments I didn't get to Goodreads soon enough so I got to see it all happen immediately. You went to tape, came back. Went to tape some more and came back.

Wish I could have been there but after my last two stints with travel...I'm a bit afraid to leave home at all.

So glad it went well and looking forward to seeing it.

message 43: by JanetTronstad (new)

It was quite an experience for both Jillian and I! We are looking forward to seeing the tapes as well (it's so hard to tell when you're doing it). We very much appreciate all of the interest and prayer support. You guys are the best.

message 44: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments JanetTronstad wrote: "It was quite an experience for both Jillian and I! We are looking forward to seeing the tapes as well (it's so hard to tell when you're doing it). We very much appreciate all of the interest and ..."
You made it out of the Windy City safe and sound?

message 45: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments It will be exciting to see how they put it all together.

message 46: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yes, Judy, I made it home from Chicago in good shape and expect Jillian made it back okay, too. I liked Chicago!

message 47: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments JanetTronstad wrote: "Yes, Judy, I made it home from Chicago in good shape and expect Jillian made it back okay, too. I liked Chicago!"
I grew up about 45 minutes south of there. Some great memories of museums. Loved the Historical Museum. When our boys were older I was shocked at how expensive it was. Never did Chicago night life though.

message 48: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments If you had been going to ACFW Conference this year would have been close. Chicago is near Indy right?

message 49: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Ausjenny wrote: "If you had been going to ACFW Conference this year would have been close. Chicago is near Indy right?" About 3 - 3 1/2 hours

message 50: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments So proud of you both! It will be exciting to finally see some of the recording soon! Keep us posted. Love you!~ Mary

« previous 1