Our Online Library discussion

The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4)
This topic is about The Twilight Saga
Random Rants > Bella Swan - Yes or No?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by yah um hi im shimmi soo, Potterhead, Twihard, Tribute, Divergent, Demigod (last edited Aug 28, 2013 07:49AM) (new)

yah um hi im shimmi soo (bethanybooks) | 26 comments Mod
Some people say Bella Swan is annoying and childish, while others say she is a great role model (in the books , at least) What do you think about Bella Swan from the Twilight Saga? The Twilight Saga

Stephanie Meyers

message 2: by yah um hi im shimmi soo, Potterhead, Twihard, Tribute, Divergent, Demigod (new)

Personally, I think of Bella Swan -from the books- as a role model. If you have actually read the books (not just watched the movies, where Bella is played as a quiet, expressionless girl by Kristen Stewart) Bella Swan is quite a role model. She is responsible, independant and in the books, she actually DOES smile. Bella in the books cooks for her dad and often feels as if her mother were the child and she were the adult. Bella is a nice person. What is your opinion?

message 3: by Evil (new)

Evil Spawn | 2 comments I have read all the twilight book, but personally I find Bella annoying. She does do some responsible things, I agree, but in the second book she just gives up because of some guy she had know only for one year, which shows how weak and whiny she really is. She's a character that really only cares about her boyfriend and she complains WAY too much! I remember wanting to read it because it was so popular, but it took me a few attempts to be able to get through the first two chapters. What I remember the most from the books is her constant complaining about everything, which, to me, makes her not a good role model.

message 4: by yah um hi im shimmi soo, Potterhead, Twihard, Tribute, Divergent, Demigod (new)

Evil wrote: "I have read all the twilight book, but personally I find Bella annoying. She does do some responsible things, I agree, but in the second book she just gives up because of some guy she had know only..."
Ah, that makes sense, but I just wanted to add that Bella only focuses on Edward because she is freaking out that he is a vampire, and because, him being a vampire, she is extremely attracted to him, like everybody else, which is why she gives up. But I understand your opinion actually, it makes sense.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Twilight Saga (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephenie Meyer (other topics)