Urban Fantasy discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
GROUP READ OF THE MONTH--ARCHIVE > Now taking suggestions for September BOM

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) | 721 comments Mod
What should we read in September? Remember, authors do not recommend your own books. Also, make sure that your suggestion has not been a BOM for at least the past year.

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider (bearmountainbooks) | 299 comments Chosen - this just came out and is the fourth in the series. I haven't read it yet, but would love to! I think we already did a BOM for his first, Fated.

message 3: by April (new)

April (dwndrgn) | 44 comments I say we go 'old school' and read Anonymous Rex

message 4: by Elise (new)

Elise Edie | 6 comments While we're thinking old school how about Burning Water ?

message 5: by Elise (new)

Elise Edie | 6 comments Although Anonymous Rex looks awesome too.

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider (bearmountainbooks) | 299 comments I'd re-read Burning Water. I still own that book!

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1 comments I'd like to suggest Mythical (Stone Soldiers #1) It's the first in a four book series about an enhanced soldier hunting a dangerous shapeshifter through the Arizona desert with help from some teens.

message 8: by April (new)

April (dwndrgn) | 44 comments Actually, I might read the entirety of Burning Water if it was a topic of discussion. That was one of my DNF titles that I was extremely disappointed in. It might be interesting to finish it discuss what I thought was wrong with the book because I like the author's other works.

message 9: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider (bearmountainbooks) | 299 comments April wrote: "Actually, I might read the entirety of Burning Water if it was a topic of discussion. That was one of my DNF titles that I was extremely disappointed in. It might be interesting to finish it disc..."

It was UF before UF was a genre. It's changed and grown since then so your expectations might have been for a different book.

Margo - Putting the Mmmmmm back in Menage | 15 comments We should read Kitty and the Midnight Hour. The twelfth book in the series was just released, and it made me think back to where it all began. Kitty and her big mouth are wonderful.

message 11: by bookcrazedchick (last edited Aug 28, 2013 12:34PM) (new)

bookcrazedchick | 5 comments I don't think this one has been read by the group before:

Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between By J.A. Saare

message 12: by April (new)

April (dwndrgn) | 44 comments Maria wrote: "April wrote: "Actually, I might read the entirety of Burning Water if it was a topic of discussion. That was one of my DNF titles that I was extremely disappointed in. It might be interesting to ..."
I disliked it mostly because of the characterization I think, no the style of the story.

message 13: by Natali (new)

Natali (coffeestoned) How about The Magicians ..??

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 33 comments I'd like to suggest Rogue Dragon by Kassanna since I just bought that book. Other books currently on my TBR list:
A dragon book by G. A. Aiken cause I'm currently into dragons. Other dragon books, like...
Dragon's Heart (Story of the Brethren) by LaVerne Thompson Dragon's Heart (The Pit Dragon Chronicles, #4) by Jane Yolen How to Break a Dragon's Heart (How to Train Your Dragon, #8) by Cressida Cowell A Dragon's Heart by Dahlia Rose The Storm Dragon's Heart (Storm Phase #1) by David Alastair Hayden A Way to a Dragon's Heart by Xakara ... lol, I think you get my drift!

message 15: by Lára (new)

Lára Donna wrote: "I'd like to suggest Mythical (Stone Soldiers #1) It's the first in a four book series about an enhanced soldier hunting a dangerous shapeshifter through the Arizona desert with help from some teens."

This one sounds interesting. I second Mythical.

message 16: by Mindy (new)

message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 20 comments I'd second Kitty and the Midnight Hour, Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn read it a while ago but want to reread it and the rest of the series.

message 18: by Shelli (new)

Shelli bookcrazedchick wrote: "I don't think this one has been read by the group before:

Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between By J.A. Saare"

This looks good as well as Poison Princess.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (fireweaver) | 63 comments i'm a big 3rd or 4th for "burning water" - i've very much been wanting to get around to this UF before there was a UF thing!

message 20: by Elise (new)

Elise Edie | 6 comments Mythical does look like fun, I have to say that.

message 21: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider (bearmountainbooks) | 299 comments Perri wrote: "From the Dust Returned by Ray Bradbury."

I think this thread is supposed to be closed because the poll is already up...

message 22: by Russell (new)

Russell Natali wrote: "How about The Magicians ..??"

Just picked this up based on several recommendations from friends. Hopefully will live up to the hype.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.