The Psi Chronicles

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lana, Author (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lana Krumwiede | 20 comments Mod
Post questions here about Lana's books, Freakling and Archon

message 2: by Lana, Author (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lana Krumwiede | 20 comments Mod
I orginally conceived of the story idea for Freakling as a stand-alone novel. After I had a very rough first draft (which took a long time!), I had some teen beta readers give me some feedback. I was particularly worried about the ending. Was it satisfying? Was it predictable? Was it disappointing?

They all seemed to like the ending, but they had a lot of questions about what would happen after that. The questions they asked me help me see that the ending of Freakling really sets up an interesting conflict, so I began taking notes for a possible sequel.

I didn't really work on the sequel very much at that time, because there was still a lot of work to do on Freakling. It took me another year and a half to revise and polish, get more feedback, write a query letter, find an agent, and all of the things that are necessary to get a manuscript published as a book.

After I had an agent, we started talking about the series potential of Freakling, I showed her my notes, we bounced around some ideas, and before the final edits were done for Freakling, we were ready to pitch the second book to Candlewick.

Ask Lana Krumwiede - Wednesday, Aug 28

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Freakling (other topics)
Archon (other topics)