Author: Michael J. Sullivan discussion

The Crown Tower (The Riyria Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Crown Tower
News and Events > The Crown Tower Group Reads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael, Author of The Riyria Chronicles (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 164 comments Mod
One of the things I like the best about goodreads, is group reads. There are many groups that pick a book a month and several people read along and discuss it.

I'm honored that The Crown Tower has been selected by a few groups for upcoming reads, so if you want to share your thoughts with other on the book, come on over to one of these groups and join the fun.

* September 2013: Fantasy Aficionados
* October 2013: Fantasy Book Club

Tabbycatz | 1 comments I just finished The Crown Tower and I really enjoyed it. I want more! I cannot wait until the Rose and Thorn is released, less than a week!

message 3: by Michael, Author of The Riyria Chronicles (new) - added it

Thanks Tabbycatz!

Tammy | 41 comments This was a wonderful book, loved the interaction between Royce and Hadrian, they are quite a awesome pair. Knowing Qwen's history was an extra plus, such an amazing woman.

Robin P Not sure if you follow this but the audio of The Crown Tower has a perfect rating of 5.0 on Audible with 333 ratings, so not just a few diehards. Of course the listeners are probably already fans, but sometimes those are the hardest to please and it seems no one was disappointed!

message 6: by Michael, Author of The Riyria Chronicles (new) - added it

@Tammy - I'm really glad that people are enjoying Gwen's back story so much. My editor was a bit concerned about it.

@Robin - I do watch such things. Currently 4.9 and 4.8 - but really I couldn't expect to have higher than that.

Tammy | 41 comments Are you kidding Gwen was my favorite female in the books, she was Royce's cheerleader. After reading The Rose and the Thorn I am even more amazed with her.

message 8: by Michael, Author of The Riyria Chronicles (new) - added it

To me, Gwen comes off as a very strong and capable woman who is able to pull herself up from a terrible situation and make a life for herself. I think what my editor objected to most is the profession she uses to do that. She kept trying to make me change that aspect, but I felt that it was part of the existing cannon and as such I really couldn't participate in some form of "revisionist history" for the sake of being more politically correct.

Tammy | 41 comments I think you did her well and her profession is not one to admire but she helped these woman get back control of there lives in a world not so kind and when they had nothing.